Kate Greenhalgh neglect

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
Perhaps each organisation should ask on their application forms/entry forms 'Have you got any animal cruelty convictions?' If KG was being truthful, she would have to answer yes. The organisations should have it as one of their rules that anyone convicted of animal cruelty cannot enter/be a member.

Under the Rehabilitation of offenders act most convictions of individuals are spent really quickly especially non custodial and I’m not sure except for specific convictions you’re even allowed to ban someone on those grounds. I know it applies to job applications but not sure about private club membership.

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
Under the Rehabilitation of offenders act most convictions of individuals are spent really quickly especially non custodial and I’m not sure except for specific convictions you’re even allowed to ban someone on those grounds. I know it applies to job applications but not sure about private club membership.

Convictions are not spent that quickly!

Ambers Echo

Visit site
She wasn't even banned. But the more people refuse to let this lie, the better. She needs to find making a living in the equestrian world impossible through word of mouth and people just refusing to buy from her. If the law won't act to safeguard animals, then at least buyers can try to.

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
that advert for Wonda was still showing on horsequest last night but the video has been deleted. that horse has been for sale for a very long time so there must be something wrong with her as from the pictures she looks like a nice horse and the type that many people would want., she should have sold easily in this market.

AShetlandBitMeOnce

Visit site
She wasn't even banned. But the more people refuse to let this lie, the better. She needs to find making a living in the equestrian world impossible through word of mouth and people just refusing to buy from her. If the law won't act to safeguard animals, then at least buyers can try to.

Completely agree - lets hope she isn't as resilient as the likes of Meadow Stud et al

Reactions: TPO

Stressymummy

Visit site
Perhaps each organisation should ask on their application forms/entry forms 'Have you got any animal cruelty convictions?' If KG was being truthful, she would have to answer yes. The organisations should have it as one of their rules that anyone convicted of animal cruelty cannot enter/be a member.
Do you really think she would have been truthful ? You are very nieve if you do

Ambers Echo

Visit site
There must be ways of identifying who people are otherwise drug cheats could compete or people could compete when they are too old/young or on an ineligible horse. Proof of identity when you affiliate then you have to show your membership card when you compete? Harder for unaff but perhaps all adult prize winners need to show a drivers licence or other form of ID or something?

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
There must be ways of identifying who people are otherwise drug cheats could compete or people could compete when they are too old/young or on an ineligible horse. Proof of identity when you affiliate then you have to show your membership card when you compete? Harder for unaff but perhaps all adult prize winners need to show a drivers licence or other form of ID or something?

Well, yes. It's not really rocket science and any one found to have lied on their entry form could then be disqualified (without refund).

Bikerchickone

Visit site
I thought long and hard before resurrecting this post but ultimately, I want her name remembered by every possible horse person out there. So I'm posting.

Today is the one year anniversary of the court case against Kate Greenhalgh starting. I am Kai's (Indigo Easy Like Sunday Morning) owner. I went to that courtroom in Brighton one year ago today with desperate hopes that the trial would mean she would never be able to do the same thing ever again to any other horses. For me, and my daughter, it was all about getting her banned. For the amazing RSPCA inspectors we worked with, it was all about the ban. As you know we were all disappointed. Kate stood in that courtroom with her arms folded, ignoring court room protocol and clearly showing her disdain for the proceedings. Her solicitor was indeed a very expensive one who would have cost her more by far than feeding our horses initially.

I was allowed to read my victim statement and part of the statement Gemma Tattersall wrote was also read out. At the end of this first day in court the judge warned her to be ready for a custodial sentence at her next date. We had hope. When the newspapers published their articles about what she had done and her being in court I shared the article and explained the truth about what had happened to Kai. A truth I hadn't shared other than with those at my yard where our other horses were kept, who came to our rescue and let us bring our other Indigo filly to their yard. Ultimately the justice system let us all down.

When this exploded last year my daughter and I made the conscious decision that we wanted her name out there and that we would do whatever it took to put it there. So we posted publicly, high and low, I spoke to H&H for their article and we created the petition. We got her name out there but at huge personal cost, because the criticism of us was unrelenting. Maybe even rightly so. I should have sent someone else to check on them for those 6 weeks when I couldn't and I can't change that. I didn't read the thread here at the time because I could take no more of the relentless abuse. I should have had more faith in HHOers.

Kai's death continues to impact on us in so many ways. We moved away from Sussex, I needed my horses where I could see them every second of the day if I wanted to, so now they're in the garden at home. Kate continued to act as if all of this had never happened, competing, selling horses and visiting local tack shops. Most recently one of her sold horses has been advertised by the Fredericks family so it seems she is not infamous enough, though she was once attacked with a boot in one of those shops.

So today, if you do nothing else, spread her name so that nobody can ever forget what she did and please spare a thought for the most wonderful, timid, shy little Irish Draught there ever was, who deserved a long and happy life with his cousin. I hope he, and Janet, are up there watching our ponies leading happy and safe lives in the garden with far too much grass. I hope they also know how much missed they both are and how, despite all the sadness, we can look forward with hope because we have been lucky enough to have been able to buy Kai's dam and have the chance to breed another precious sibling to Kai.

The picture I'm going to try to post is Trio (Indigo Three Times a Lady) saying hello to her Indigo niece Caoimhe (Indigo Sweet Sunblaze) and her pet Shetland, when Trio arrived with us last week. My avatar pic is Kai, the second time I visited him at Janet's.

Thanks for reading and for not attacking us for failing Kai.

Bikerchickone

Visit site
Thanks for posting.

Kate Greenhalgh deserves to rot in hell for what she did to your lovely boy. Karma will catch up with her eventually.

All the best for this fresh start with Trio, and a hoped to be new full sibling to Kai.

From Indigo Tammy and me.
Thank you. It won't be a full sibling to Kai, his sire was The Czar who has since been gelded, but we are going to try for an Archie baby which is as close as we can get. We can't replace Kai, but a sibling would be wonderful.

Juniper Jack

Visit site
Still can't get my head around it. Surely she had grooms? If you work for a low life, bin end dealer, you expect to see shoddy treatment and presumably don't care, or you wouldn't work there. But if you work for someone who appeared to be a liked, respected and successful horsewoman sourcing, selling and caring for quality animals then you would surely speak out? And the same goes for that other place.

I can imagine an employee speaking out IF they spoke English well enough to do so, and IF their own working status were legal, and IF they had enough knowledge of English law to know to complain.

Ambers Echo

Visit site
Later in the thread I withdrew and expressed regret for that comment, once more info had come to light. It was clear many people did speak out and try to help. But Kate hid her crimes well.

Bikerchickone

Visit site
Later in the thread I withdrew and expressed regret for that comment, once more info had come to light. It was clear many people did speak out and try to help. But Kate hid her crimes well.

It was a fair question, don’t worry. The setup was pretty uniquely placed to make it easy for her to do what she did. There was a livery yard owned by the same people but the owners had so much land that the DIY liveries didn’t actually know that some of the horses were there, they were so far from the yard and accessed from a different lane. They reported the ones closer to the yard as that was what they could see, but they weren’t as bad as ours were in the two very back fields. She couldn’t have had a better set up to get away with it if she’d tried. She didn’t have any staff attending to the field horses either so nobody to question how she managed them. Or didn’t more accurately. The ladies on the livery yard fought tooth and nail to get help for our horses and it’s thanks to them that the action was taken by the RSPCA. I am very grateful to them for taking the risks they did. They knew what she was and they knew she could get to their horses too if she had wanted to. They still reported.