Kauto

Dusty85

Visit site
Oh dear. Poor horse. He deserves better than that.

My opinion of her has just got even lower :(

(ETA: I appreciate easy for me to say as I'm sat here at my laptop....)

MasterBenedict

Visit site
Just watched this with the sound off.... What the hell is she doing?! I may not be a decent rider by any standards but if I saw a video of me riding in this manner I would be ashamed....poor boy.

JJones

Visit site
I wonder if she knew she was being filmed because surely no one in their right mind would do an interview with that horrendous riding being shown at the same time?!

Dusty85

Visit site
Like the way she blamed him too for having stage fright, when actually he was just probably thinking "what the hell do you want me to do?!?'

el_Snowflakes

Visit site
Jeezo no top rider here but if I rode like that in my lessons my instructor would have a fit! 😩

Saw vids of him doing dressage before and I thought he looked great. His back end looks very strange......

JCW

Visit site
what was she actually trying to achieve/get the poor horse to do? Sorry for my ignorance but my knowledge of dressage is limited. I have never seen anyone ride like that.

bakewell

Visit site
A hand up, and explanation by the rider over the microphone ("horse does not feel happy" etc) and an exit would have been far more elegant (and tbh educational) to watch.

Burnttoast

Visit site
Sad what the pressure of audience expectations will make many riders do. (I'm not exempt from this, though find that refraining from riding in public much does help ;) )

Chestnut horse

Visit site
Very sad - this beautiful horse looks like he is completely shutting down, doesn't even know where he is placing his feet. Maybe he is just not suited to dressage, or he has been pushed to fast to quickly and just can't cope with what is being asked of him. The riding is really dreadful, and I would think that the rider went into pure panic as the horse really was out of it, she should have stopped, taken a bow and left the ring it would have been much more dignified than that awful show of beginner kicking and sawing on his mouth. He is supposed to give another show tonight, it would be better to just rest him on this evidence.

charlie76

Visit site
Put this on the other thread
I may be wrong but I reckon they doped him as they thought he would be sharp, the sweat and the shutting down is typical of a horse that's had a bit of sedaline. I have ridden one having had some and that's exactly what happened, its like the lights suddenly go off!

L&M

Visit site
Sad but I do agree with Charlie76 - I am sure I heard her being interviewed recently and she said she was worried how he would cope with the 'occasion'….does make you wonder if she doped him to counter balance any 'excitement', which then backfired.

minkymoo

Visit site
I watched the first bit of the video which wasn't close up and thought 'that's ok - typical of people having a pop' then when it zoomed in a bit & I saw what she was doing with her hands and legs I have to admit I was quite shocked. She looks like the young girl who lives down the road from me when she rides, all jabby with her hands & constantly nagging with her legs. It isn't pretty and you've got to feel sorry for the poor boy :( wtf is she asking him to do? It's a shame he didn't go to Charlotte DJ really. Or Carl H.

sunleychops

Visit site
I don t think he would make a happy hacker , lol

Turn him away and I bet he would mellow out untold amounts. He has gone from the pressure of racing to a short break and now she says she is taking it easy with him but I bet there is plenty of pressure so that all the hype when this first happened doesn't blow up in their face

Doris68

Visit site
I think this is a PR exercise that has gone very badly wrong. The horse would have been much happier going to a hunting home rather than to go to this rider.