KBIS - a review

Damnation

Visit site
So, you forum regular goers may know that Buffy in January sliced her leg open right on the front of her pastern.

The wound has had it's 6 month birthday but is pretty much healed over now, just waiting for it to contract back to its former size. For the treatment of this wound we had 2 infections, 3 Emergancy callouts, 2 lots of sedative to stitch it, 3 lots of proud flesh removal, painkillers, 2 sets of oral antibiotics, 1 set of injectable antibiotics, about 8-9 call outs, refusal to box rest, cream to slow the production of the proud flesh, dressings galore, the list goes on.

My vet has been fantastic as my horse wouldn't box rest, tried to climb out even with company and we had to go down a longer, slower and less convential treatment route to heal this wound up.

The people who have been even more amazing are my insurers, KBIS. I dropped the claim form into my vets about 2 months ago and heard nothing since. Life has been busy and today I realised that I hadn't chased this up.

Now I've never put in a claim for an injury before, and after some of the stories on here of people struggling to get insurers to pay out on legitimate claims I was ready for a battle.

Rang the practice manager fully prepared for her to say "no they won't pay out" or "they are arguing this cost".

Nope, not only have KBIS processed my claim, but paid out weeks ago.

HUGE thumbs up for KBIS, utterly pain free and stressless, I shall be sticking with them in future I think.

Beth206

Visit site
I am currently with E&L but have been considering moving to KBIS when my insurance is due for renewal in September.

Touch wood I haven't needed to use it for my mare yet but I have been stung a few times with poor insurance companies and my dogs I daren't take the risk with a horse!

I.M.N.

Visit site
Over the last 6 years KBIS have paid out over 30k's worth of claims across 5 horses without a single quibble. They're a bit exclusion happy but I think that's fairly normal for insurers and when ever I can't get an exclusion reconsidered they tend to suggest how long I should leave it before trying again.

gunnergundog

Visit site
Over the last 6 years KBIS have paid out over 30k's worth of claims across 5 horses without a single quibble. They're a bit exclusion happy but I think that's fairly normal for insurers and when ever I can't get an exclusion reconsidered they tend to suggest how long I should leave it before trying again.

Totally agree. They are fair and prompt settlers/payers and communicate well and quickly, but boy, are they the masters of the exclusion clause! Some they have come up with have even got my vets scratching their heads and wondering where the heck they came from,

Bav

Visit site
KBIS have paid out £6K in the last 6 months for me quicker then I'd even received the invoice from KBIS myself, I've been thoroughly impressed. I found the price somewhat on the pricier side to insure but the proof is in the pudding I guess.

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
So, you forum regular goers may know that Buffy in January sliced her leg open right on the front of her pastern.

The wound has had it's 6 month birthday but is pretty much healed over now, just waiting for it to contract back to its former size. For the treatment of this wound we had 2 infections, 3 Emergancy callouts, 2 lots of sedative to stitch it, 3 lots of proud flesh removal, painkillers, 2 sets of oral antibiotics, 1 set of injectable antibiotics, about 8-9 call outs, refusal to box rest, cream to slow the production of the proud flesh, dressings galore, the list goes on.

My vet has been fantastic as my horse wouldn't box rest, tried to climb out even with company and we had to go down a longer, slower and less convential treatment route to heal this wound up.

The people who have been even more amazing are my insurers, KBIS. I dropped the claim form into my vets about 2 months ago and heard nothing since. Life has been busy and today I realised that I hadn't chased this up.

Now I've never put in a claim for an injury before, and after some of the stories on here of people struggling to get insurers to pay out on legitimate claims I was ready for a battle.

Rang the practice manager fully prepared for her to say "no they won't pay out" or "they are arguing this cost".

Nope, not only have KBIS processed my claim, but paid out weeks ago.

HUGE thumbs up for KBIS, utterly pain free and stressless, I shall be sticking with them in future I think.

SEIB - did a quote from KBIS but too many exclusions so would not touch them.

{97702}

Visit site
I left KBIS abruptly after they were an absolute pain in the **** about a claim I made - they refused the claim, but the lady I had the misfortune to deal with about the claim was the worst 'computer says no' type I've ever had the misfortune to encounter. Because of her, never again.....

Irishdan

Visit site
Always found Kbis fantastic to deal with. They even sent me a beautiful hand written sympathy card when I lost my mare after a long illness.

LovesCobs

mancunian in Cheshire, actually now in Wales!
Visit site
I had an older pony insured with KBIS for some reason I thought I hadnt included vets fees .... paid my vet for x rays, nerve blocks, and treatment to hocks. Then about 3 months later I got my renewal and realised it did have vets fee cover. Called them and they paid me back! They also now cover for 15 months for each condition. I highly recommend them

Damnation

Visit site
Lévrier;13580929 said:
I left KBIS abruptly after they were an absolute pain in the **** about a claim I made - they refused the claim, but the lady I had the misfortune to deal with about the claim was the worst 'computer says no' type I've ever had the misfortune to encounter. Because of her, never again.....

That's a shame Levrier, when I called up to question an exclusion (mine is excluded for Colic as she is prone to colic despite not ever having colic in the 7 years I've owned her), the lady was very helpful, talked me through the process of having the exclusion reconsidered and then I notified her of the claim I needed to make at the same time and again she was lovely and talked me through the whole thing.

Sounds like you got a bit of a dud :(

To add, my insurance is not cheap either, but to be honest I am happy to pay if they just pay out like this. My vets are also wonderful as the practice manager deals with the whole thing. Literally all I have done is ring up to notify them of my claim, fill in my part of the claim form and paid the excess.

Nasicus

Visit site
They paid out for both my filly's false nostril cyst removal (birth defect essentially) and her right hind laceration that took 3 months of box rest to heal, all without quibble.

I have, however, changed her policy to NFU as KBIS got a bit exclusion happy.