Kent and Master Saddles - Leather Thorowgoods

3Beasties

Visit site
Does anyone know where I Could Buy one of these saddles (preferably online)?

Has anyone tried them? What are your thoughts on them?

I am thinking of getting one for my TB.

Also in NL

shellonabeach

Visit site
When my friend bought a new saddle for her mare the saddle fitter brought along one of these, she said it was lovely to ride in, looked very expensive and liked the fact it was adjustable.

However for the pricetag - it was approx £800 - she couldn't get over the fact it was a "Thorowgood" and ended up having an Ideal saddle made to measure for not a great deal more.

3Beasties

Visit site
That's interesting thanks. I haven't seen one 'in the flesh' so to speak as know where near me seems to sell them.

I heard that they were around £600
confused.gif

D

Donkeymad

I think you may have mixed up the Fairfax and the Kent and Masters.

Visit site
We got one the other day Its a 17 inch black GP and my daughter loves it. Says it is very comfortable and it cost us £650. She thought she wanted an Ideal International Event but she says this is just as comfortable and as it turned out the Ideal did not fit the horse well. Incidentally, she did try the £850 Fairfax which is from the same company as Thorowgood and K & M but actually found the K & M more comfortable. I can only speak as I find, but the saddler was very impressed with K & M and so far so is my daughter. Rideaway do them for £599, but we wanted to go to see someone who knew about saddle fitting. Personally, I don't undestand why anyone would buy a saddle without trying it on their horse first. I mean would you buy a £600 pair of shoes without trying them on? Only problem was we had to wait a month to get the saddle as K & M don't seem to be able to keep up with demand.

cornflakes

Visit site
Hi
I have K & M cob GP and I'm really pleased with it. It looks really expensive, is comfortable and my horse is happy in it. I would recommend them! My saddler says they are excellent value for money. It is all english leather and costs around £600