Kent vet

Pebbles

Visit site
So,just supposing these crocks that were vetted as fine had actually been given a shot a couple of days before vetting? Drugs can easily be obtained ,the vet is`nt to know.If it was a five stage vetting though..are`nt blood samples taken and stored? All I CAN tell you is that THAT drug is not on the shelf of that practice.As said..no one is guilty until proved so . Until any charges do surface it seems better and fairer to shut up .

East Kent if you know what drugs 'THAT PRACTICE' has on its shelves I am sure you also know that the bloods taken are worthless in the hands of an unscrupulous vet. The DNA is not able to be proven in the same way as for humans (I don't know why this is but have been advised by the police) and so blood from another 'clean' horse can be produced if called to question and of course test clear. Win win for both seller and vet?

MrsB

Visit site
I had bloods checked - what a pointless and expensive exercise that was! :rolleyes:

Seems East Kent has fallen off the planet - wonder why they're not responding?!

Firewell

Visit site
This vet bends the rules to his own (his pockets?) advantage, he is totally unscrupulous and just about covers his tracks enough so he continues to get away with it. I'm surprised it's just the docking of dogs tails that was on that form.

Dovorian

Visit site
Hmmmm...

At the end of the day, I think the bank balances are sufficient to allow a very comfortable retirement and I reiterate the fact that I believe no 'action' will be taken to offer redress for those affected. The vet in question will just retire happily. I would add that some of the questionable acts were undertaken by members of staff at the practice.

And I still don't know how EastKent knows what is on the practice's shelves?

Only today I heard that somebody who had a horse vetted by Mr XXXXh is taking it back to the surgery for a lameness workup ( ? Navicular), and only 2 months after purchase.

Jeez, when will folks learn? If only we could have a 'Chatham House' agreement to share dealer and vet collaboration details with fear of persecution.

Pebbles

Visit site
Hmmmm...

At the end of the day, I think the bank balances are sufficient to allow a very comfortable retirement and I reiterate the fact that I believe no 'action' will be taken to offer redress for those affected. The vet in question will just retire happily. I would add that some of the questionable acts were undertaken by members of staff at the practice.

And I still don't know how EastKent knows what is on the practice's shelves?

Only today I heard that somebody who had a horse vetted by Mr XXXXh is taking it back to the surgery for a lameness workup ( ? Navicular), and only 2 months after purchase.

Jeez, when will folks learn? If only we could have a 'Chatham House' agreement to share dealer and vet collaboration details with fear of persecution.

Yes I totally agree Dovorian re the 'Chatham House' idea. As for redress to those affected, nothing will put right all the heartache and pain suffered by horses and new owners alike - but it would go some way to appease us if RCVS would finally do the honourable thing and expose this vet (and his practice) to the world and take some action that in some way would hurt him. Though again I fear you are right and that won't happen :-( Let us just hope that we have been able to raise some awareness and save a few more from using these rogues.

benson21

Visit site
This is the real problem. When we bought from these people with him doing the vetting, we hadnt heard of any problems. Only since we got the horse home and some horsey people asked where we got him from were we asked 'why on earth have you bought from them, and had him vetted by him?' I know you cant expose on here because H&H and liabilty, but I really feel there should be some place where dodgy dealers and vets, amongst other things should be allowed to be discussed openly.

EAST KENT

Visit site
Well of course the reason is that in THIS country everyone is innocent until PROVED guilty.Don`t quite know what you mean by "Chatham House" Explain??
Gosh,well obviously this poor vet is expected to have a crystal ball on board his car then..I mean not diagnosing navicular that is GOING to happen two months hence, grief :eek:,how negligent.
Nothing said ,as we wait happily for you to incriminate yourselves deeper and deeper :D:D:D:D

Do you suppose I should ask my doctor if I will become lame in six months????

Ladydragon

Visit site
Nothing said ,as we wait happily for you to incriminate yourselves deeper and deeper :D:D:D:D

Are you 'related' to him in some way?

I'm not involved in any of this and live a substantial distance away but your comments are interesting to say the least...

And I don't know about your doctor but mine is quite capable of predicting a fairly accurate progression of an identified condition - as opposed to an unforeseen accident...

PS...Chatham House would refer to the idea of a sharing of any and all relevant information without necessarily revealing the individuals involved... Frank and open discussion...

:)

Last edited:

Chavhorse

Visit site
I am not involved in any way at all either apart from the fact that I am moving back to Kent and looking to buy a second horse. Strangely I have now had two viewings suddenly be cancelled once I had said that I only wanted my personal vet to carry out the vetting.

Maybe I am missing the point here but as a professional surely you would not want to open yourself up to even the remote possibility of being accused of "fixing a Vetting"? Therefore it makes sense that you would either refuse or only go ahead with the vetting with a full disclosure to the person paying for the vetting about your connection with the seller? Surely this is just standard good practice?

EAST KENT

Visit site
And I don't know about your doctor but mine is quite capable of predicting a fairly accurate progression of an identified condition - as opposed to an unforeseen accident

:)[/QUOTE]

Quite..but when was the condition identified? By x ray presumably? If there was a way of masking navicular I was aware of I would have grabbed the chance with my last beloved mare. As far as I am aware there is not a long acting (two months) drug solution,I wish there had been.

Ladydragon

Visit site
And I don't know about your doctor but mine is quite capable of predicting a fairly accurate progression of an identified condition - as opposed to an unforeseen accident

:)

Quite..but when was the condition identified? By x ray presumably? If there was a way of masking navicular I was aware of I would have grabbed the chance with my last beloved mare. As far as I am aware there is not a long acting (two months) drug solution,I wish there had been.

I would also expect a qualified vet (or my doctor for that matter) to spot something that I would not - anything that in their professional capacity might give cause for concern and even too subtle for many buyers... That does not need an instant diagnosis... Why else have a vetting?

Neither you or I can comment with any degree of accuracy at post referring to potential navicular - unless either of us where there and I most certainly wasn't... Whether the vet missed something that should have been noted by a qualified professional or not is merely supposition as a thread contributor... You appear to wish to use current investigations to try and demonstrate an obvious disassociation with a recent vetting which is impossible to determine from the stated information...

I do see you've still been unable to clarify the comments referring to your affirmed knowledge of the pharmaceuticals carried on the premises of this particular clinic and/or potential misuse of whatever drug it is that you were referring to... :confused:

Last edited:

Dovorian

Visit site
From East Kent:

Nothing said ,as we wait happily for you to incriminate yourselves deeper and deeper

Forgive me East Kent, but who would be incriminating themselves and in what way?

Personally I feel that readers here are quite capable to making up their own minds in respect of comments made by other members. At the same time it is rare for a member to post specific details as that would be wrong in a public forum, we just coffeehouse in what I hope is good spirit. IF a reader has a personal interest then they will pick up on points which relate to their particular issue, totally up to them to confirm the validity.

Crumbs we will end up with a Hansard version of the forum at this rate .......

And no, we have never used this practice for any stock or pets over the past 30 odd years for the simple reason that we use another vet!

MrsB

Visit site
If there was a way of masking navicular I was aware of I would have grabbed the chance with my last beloved mare. As far as I am aware there is not a long acting (two months) drug solution,I wish there had been.
Interesting... so it sounds like you would happily disguise a condition such as that with a drug and then sell/move on your horse to an unsuspecting buyer... Correct me if I'm wrong :rolleyes:

Nobody has mentioned any type of drugs except you and you are clearly in the know of what this practice has on their shelves and you are incriminating nobody except yourself, especially with a statement like that above...

Dovorian

Visit site
Well, this is jolly good fun.

I think EastKent has got a job - unlike those of us who have time to surf in the afternoon - in my defence I was up at 4am today!!

Horseback Rider

Visit site
Speaking from personal experience I sued D Smith in 2001 as he vetted a horse I had on loan in March and woudl not hand over the certificate that I needed for insurance purposes until May. Due to the value of the horse I coudln't insure with out the cert I basically had stage a sit in at his surgery to get it and then get it re written as there where errors on it. The horse unfortuntaly came down with a very bad case of colic 11 days in to my insurance (you can't claim for the first 14) due to delayed decisions on where how to treat she sadly passed away. I sued for the cost of the horse as I wasn't covered by the insurance as explained above. I knew David and his brother and beleive that shortly after this happend he was repremanded for letting horses be transported through Dover Dock without have blodd results back. I also used ot work at a Kent yard and it was well known that he did all the vettings on horses being sold for a reason. I am sure that there are other instances that people can add tot he above. I am not implying that he is evil ina nay way but very a unsrcroupulous (sp) business man.

NooNoo59

Visit site
I use to work at a Kent yard as well, strange how the horses didnt look quite sound after flexion test, but if the yard owner had a word, like she is only going to hack it, he would pass it. Not the best way to carry on when you are spending other peoples money

MerrySherryRider

Visit site
Possibly so..but that yet has to be proved,and NO ONE is guilty until PROVED so! I would be totally amazed if anything was proved in the future, I KNOW this guy very well remember ,you lot do not,he is`nt faultless by any means ..but a crook..NEVER.:mad:

Am I missing something here ? Wasn't he found guilty and fined of this offence in the magistrates court ? Not quite so innocent.
The RCVS has its own standards of correct practice obviously.

EAST KENT

Visit site
Am I missing something here ? Wasn't he found guilty and fined of this offence in the magistrates court ? Not quite so innocent.
The RCVS has its own standards of correct practice obviously.

The Loverly rspca..lower text notice..took him to court for docking a litter of rotties ,bred by a working security firm.The court found him guilty of that,just too damn obliging;the RVC did not find him guilty of cruelty,their main concern.The whole thing was instigated by a vet in Herne Bay with a grudge against his previous employer.
The previous "horse bloods" case,which he got a suspension of ten months for (had a great long break travelling the world)In that case it was a show jumper going to Barbados,he knew the blood results..it was a disease unknown in uk..but had not the actual paperwork to go with the animal.Again,too bloody obliging to the professional horse transporters,let it go so as not to miss a flight.
That is his main fault, too obliging, is that a fault? In today`s world of crossing T`s and dotting I`s and being a bloody jobsworth I find it quite refreshing.

Pebbles

Visit site
'Too obliging' is very good way of describing him I would totally agree, sadly 'too obliging' to the seller not the buyer....................

Ladydragon

Visit site
Poor man... It was obviously the fault of the airline... If they'd been obliging enough to hold the flight and prevent him from having to breach professional guidelines due to time constraints...well, all would have been ok then I guess...

:D

PS EK...I'm not sure if I missed it but did you ever confirm what 'that' drug was and how you know the pharmaceutical contents of a particular surgery?