Kick or knock? Pics and vid

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
On Friday, PF came in with a small cut on her off hind leg. It was a bit swollen (see pic) but nothing dramatic. I thought she might've been kicked, but Fabian says probably not, just knocked it on something, probably the rocks in her 'paddock'.

pataantes.jpg

Lunged her a little bit and she seems to me to be a bit lame but I can see it more on on rein than the other. What do you guys think? I've not given her any bute, and will give her rest until she's sound but is bute a good idea to help get swelling down?

Left rein (sorry vids are so short!
blush.gif
)

Right rein

claire1976

Visit site
A bit too 'perfect' for a kick - I would say more likely a knock on something. The swelling is not major so I would cold hose and walk her out to disperse fluid a bit. Doesnt look like its severe enough to get infected providing its kept clean. Sorry but I can't get vids to work on my PC at work but I'm sure its nothing to be too concerned about - keep a close eye though.

Patches

Visit site
I'm no expert, and I was REALLY looking for it because of what you'd said in the post. I think there is a very slight head nod for the last couple of strides on the left rein. Injury looks like the right leg though, which would make me assume she should've felt it more on the right rein.

Confuddled myself!

She's looking in lovely condition PF. As for the cut, it could have been anything that caused it. Looks clean and tidy though so fingers crossed it'll heal swiftly without any complications.

Horses eh?

Tia

Visit site
She does look a little stiff; but not greatly noticeable to be honest. I wonder if she has knocked herself whilst getting up? Looks like that sort of injury to me.

I'm sure she will be fine.
cool.gif

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
[ QUOTE ]
She's looking in lovely condition PF. As for the cut, it could have been anything that caused it. Looks clean and tidy though so fingers crossed it'll heal swiftly without any complications.

Horses eh?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks
smile.gif
I took her for a walk yesterday and swelling went down. She's turned out on such unlevel ground (in places) that I wondered whether she might not have twisted something higher up. Horses eh? Indeed!
grin.gif