Kira's 3 year owniversary + show report :D

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
She is absolutely fab, what a lovely write up too. I think its the recalling of what they 'were' and comparison to now, always makes one goggle!

Now, when can I send you NF...... :wink3:

hahaha!

Yes, and I am a firm believer in regularly stopping for a moment to look back - otherwise you end up on yet another training plateau and feel like you're getting nowhere.. look back 12 months and think - OK, it's definitely going the right way - and give yourself a little mental break ;) Helps to keep everything in a positive frame of mind which is really important IMO :)

j1ffy

Visit site
hahahaha yes! It was indeed him. :D :D He has the most peculiar salute- I went up the centre line, halt, salute, look at the judge (at the point where most of them just nod) and he gave this big flourish with the arm as if so say "go on then, if you dare!"

I thought, "Well I DO dare, here we go!" :lol: :D :D :eek:

ETA. I saw he gave someone at Hartpury a score in the 40s last week... YIKES. :(

My trainer did her first Advanced under him - he also judged the AM that day. There were some lovely horses but only one combination got a qualifying score from the two classes! Crazy. Another day he gave her a 5.5 for her riding (and she's a seriously lovely rider) in the first class with a rude comment about contact, then a 7 in the second :O I think I'll just stick to Elementary so I never have to be judged by him, I'd be terrified ;)

Amye

Visit site
Ahhh what a lovely thread! Your journey is really inspiring :) I think anyone competing at your level is amazing so well done! Kira is a star :)

Embo

Visit site
A wonderful read, Kira's a real credit to you. So much hard work gone into her training, really inspirational :) your love, passion and dedication shine through in this post.

Bernster

Visit site
What a lovely update. Great pics and vids. I really like the fall-y asleep picture. Amazing journey you've had and great that's she's been so rewarding, paying you back for all your hard work and patience. She fell on to her little hairy feet didn't she? Who needs a poncy WB anyway 😃

AppleBon12

Visit site
Hi Milliepops I'm new to the H&H forum but was wondering if I could private message you for some advice as I'm in the process of buying my own "curvy" Welsh D mare straight from the field (subject to bloods and vetting) and your story is very encouraging as I've had a number of doubts so far! X

milliepops

Visit site
yeah no worries :) It hasn't been an easy journey but lots of fun and definitely very rewarding. Plus there's something rather distinctive about the welshie character that is just totally endearing (if you *get* them!)

Notimetoride

Visit site
No you dont want a warmblood :) Shes absolutely worth her weight in gold. Your story is incredibly similar to mine, except my pony was even cheaper than yours ! We're some way behind you, but making progress, slowly.

Bubblewrap

Visit site
Wow! It takes a seriously fab rider to produce what you have achieved with her. Did you spot any signs of a dressage diva when you first saw her or has this appeared in time the more work you have done with her? Well done, I love reading your reports, very inspirational. X

CrazyMare

Visit site
Amazing transformation!! When is the native champs? I'm just down the road, I could take some photos if I'm off? If you want, of course!!

milliepops

Visit site
Did you spot any signs of a dressage diva when you first saw her or has this appeared in time the more work you have done with her?
Nope, no signs at all! She was terrible! But one day she let go of her back in the school and felt amazing and I thought we'd just carry on and see what was possible. Followed our noses ;)

Amazing transformation!! When is the native champs? I'm just down the road, I could take some photos if I'm off? If you want, of course!!
Oh that would be brill, we're there on 27th 28th of Sept and will be Billy no mates as we'll be well out of out normal area!

EmmaB

Visit site
Wow, what a transformation! She's beautiful! Welshies are great...even with their antics :D

I have a little sec c who was meant to be a buy and sell jobby too...also ended up keeping him! He's currently out on loan, your pics make me wish he was a hand taller though cause they are such cool dudes!

tristar

Visit site
what are your ambitions for her, now you see how far she has come.?

does it influence how you might view any future horse, would you buy a none warmblood if it was bigger?

milliepops

Visit site
what are your ambitions for her, now you see how far she has come.?

does it influence how you might view any future horse, would you buy a none warmblood if it was bigger?

My other horse is a PB irish bog pony from a charity, she was a good horse at BE Novice and has retired from BD at Advanced Medium through an accident, so I'm already pretty warm toward non-WB horses!

Ambitions for Kira? Who knows. I've learnt not to make too many plans where horses are concerned, but with trainer we have started her on the path towards learning piaffe which she has shown a natural inclination for so that could be a bit of fun. We'll just keep on going and see where we end up :) I couldn't sell her, (a) she's too cute to part with and (b) she's not an easy ride even now so the market would be pretty limited but to me she is priceless. So as we're stuck with each other for life, we have nothing to lose by trying things :D