Kissing Spine - losing sleep over what to do ?

Goldenstar

Visit site
The physios and all are keen on a belly band atm.
My feeling is they can effect horses perception of their abdominal muscles in a positive way they only do so for a short time .
I think cantering slowly in very large circles off the horses back does the job moving onto pole work as they get fitter and more toned .
You really need a good rider with loads of feel at this stage .

DonskiWA

Visit site
Hi, can I ask what you have decided to do? Thanks x
Hi, yes, checking back in on this thread just now because I have dropped off my boy to have 6 processes shaved tomorrow. Feeling sick in my stomach hoping I’ve made the right decision by him. Thanks for asking. I’ll post an update once I know more.

ownedbyaconnie

Visit site
Hi, yes, checking back in on this thread just now because I have dropped off my boy to have 6 processes shaved tomorrow. Feeling sick in my stomach hoping I’ve made the right decision by him. Thanks for asking. I’ll post an update once I know more.
I felt exactly the same but it was honestly the best decision I’ve ever made for her. My advice would be take rehab as slow as possible. Lots of walking in hand before you get back on and then lots of ridden walk.

DonskiWA

Visit site
Any update how surgery went?
Thankyou for asking. Yay! Surgery went like clockwork apparently. 5 processes shaved in the end, not 6. Surgeon was happy with everything. He will be coming home in 6 days.
now I’m on a mission to source a physio who can supply me with a rehab program.
If poor Ollie has undergone major back surgery, the least I can do for him is give the best rehab possible.