Knickers!

[100323]

Visit site
What are granny knickers? All I can think of are the down to the knee bloomers that grannies wore when I was not a granny. Lol.

Perissa

Visit site
Granny knickers are any knickers that cover your whole backside from top of thigh to top of waist.

Bloomers go from the just above the knee and look like loose shorts.

I'm not a granny but I qualify age wise!

Mince Pie

Visit site
it always comes back to your pants
i prefer big ones upto the armpits although a previous instructor suggested thongs for competing if only to get me to use my seat abit more aggresively when in the ring;-) only thing is i cant forget fens breeches splitting at a vital moment
Ah yes but Fen wasn't wearing anything IIRC!

I ride in boxer shorts but find they ride up, especially as I have finally learned to sit on my arse and ride properly!

VSB

Visit site
Doesn't everyone find thongs make the base of your tailbone sore though? :confused:

It did with me, to the extent that I bought a pair of "Comfy Rumps" and they are great, but a little warm I found.

I tried commando and you are right about there is a big seam in a place it ought not to be! Fortunately the skin stretches a bit and seems to cover it... Anything that would require sliding around in the saddle, like Pony Club games did, would be agony surely though... :eek:

A friend of mine rides in jeans (the seams on the outside of the knees made my knees bleed when I got caught in the rain once-Never again) and she assures me rides commando for comfort. Have you ever looked at the seam right in the middle of a pair of jeans, being a sewer I know that is EIGHT LAYERS of denim, a lot of sewing machines can't even get through that lot with a needle! I'm not sure I believe her and I demand evidence! It must be like trying to ride sat on an acorn (eyes watering)...

Last edited:

hnmisty

Visit site
if thongs are uncomfortable r hurt when you are wearing them, you are wearing the wrong size. You are not meant to notice them on!

I cant wear anything else, everything else rubs or rides up. if its going to end up wdged between the cheeks id rather have a tiny strip of fabric rather than acres of granny pants in there!!

Not after you hear the story about the woman who got ulcers on her *lady parts* from wearing thongs! :eek:

Mickyjoe

Visit site
Thongs all the way. I can't cope with granny knickers. As one poster already said, they have too much fabric to get all bunched up where you really don't want it. Ugh.. too uncomfortable!

Gusbear

Was Richmond, Surrey now a mountain forest in Oz.
Visit site
Never laughed so much in my life after reading this thread.
I once braved wearing a thong on my horse. A team of Sherpas, the best intrepid explorers and CSI would have taken weeks to find the 'lost treasure of the thong' after I had a lesson on my neddy. Plus I can hear the dolcet tones of Sir David Attemborough announcing "hidden deep within the recesses of ......." Or for Star Trek fans " to go where where no man has boldly gone before .."
Anyway I now favour Granny Knickers or as my Australian friends and relatives would chime, my 'bog catchers'.
Much more comfortable, less 'intrusive' and easier to dislodge than that of the thong variety. ;)
Live long and prosper dear friends!

Moobucket

Visit site
Ahha!! Me and my friend were loudly discussing this very topic whilst hacking out at the weekend. Blissfully ignorant of the elderly couple sat in their car. The lady said hello to us, very loudly and very quickly as I was just going into the graphic details of perfecting my canter transition in a lace thong. :eek: :eek:

Anyway.. get yourself a pair of equetech riding knickers... blissfully comfortable but not ones to go romancing in. They look quite a lot like those nappy style knickers for a gentle transition into incontinence.

abracadabra

Visit site
That was also my experience of wearing thongs Gusbear...

2_zps2c748ae8.jpg

utensil_fish_slice_zps135216ea.jpg

bluewhippet

Visit site
The only time I have had agony - which really was agony - was when I rode in large pants - too big for me and shorts type.

Other than that, don't suffer and just wear normal brief underwear.

bluewhippet

Visit site
The only time I have had agony - which really was agony - was when I rode in large pants - too big for me and shorts type.

Other than that, don't suffer and just wear normal brief underwear.

VSB

Visit site
As was pointed out, the problem with thongs could be your "hairstyle"? Now something could be done about that of course, which made me think of this which is doing the rounds on email if you have not seen it?

THIS IS AN ACTUAL CUSTOMER REVIEW FROM A MAN ON AMAZON.CO.UK AFTER USING VEET HAIR REMOVAL CREAM FOR MEN. I ACTUALLY HAD TEARS ROLLING DOWN MY FACE WHILE READING IT!!!!!!!!!!!! SOOOO FUNNY!!!:

After having been told my danglies looked like an elderly Rastafarian I decided to take the plunge and buy some of this as previous shaving attempts had only been mildly successful and I nearly put my back out trying to reach the more difficult bits. Being a bit of a romantic I thought I would do the deed on the missus's birthday as a bit if a treat.

I ordered it well in advance , and working in the North Sea I considered myself a bit above some of the characters writing the previous reviews and wrote them off as soft office types...Oh my fellow sufferers how wrong I was. I waited until the other half was tucked up in bed and after giving some vague hints about a special surprise I went down to the bathroom. Initially all went well and I applied the gel and stood waiting for something to happen. I didn't have long to wait.

At first there was a gentle warmth which in a matter of seconds was replaced by an intense burning and a feeling I can only describe as like being given a barbed wire wedgie by two people intent on hitting the ceiling with my head. Religion hadn't featured much in my life until that night but I suddenly became willing to convert to any religion to stop the violent burning around the turd tunnel and what seemed like the the destruction of the meat and two veg. Struggling not to bite through my bottom lip I tried to wash the gel off in the sink and only succeeded in blocking the plughole with a mat of hair. Through the haze of tears I struggled out of the bathroom across the hall into the kitchen, by this time walking was not really possible and I crawled the final yard to the fridge in the hope of some form of cold relief. I yanked the freezer drawer out and found a tub of ice cream, tore the lid off and positioned it under me. The relief was fantastic but only temporary as it melted fairly quickly and the fiery stabbing returned. Due to the shape of the ice cream tub I hadn't managed to give the starfish any treatment and I groped around in the draw for something else as I was sure my vision was going to fail fairly soon. I grabbed a bag of what I later found out was frozen sprouts and tore it open trying to be quiet as I did so. I took a handful of them and tried in vain to clench some between the cheeks of my arse. This was not doing the trick as some of the gel had found its way up the chutney channel and it felt like the space shuttle was running its engines behind me.

This was probably and hopefully the only time in my life I was going to wish there was a gay snowman in the kitchen which should give you some idea of the depths I was willing to sink to in order to ease the pain. The only solution my pain crazed mind could come up with was to gently ease one of the sprouts where no veg had gone before.

Unfortunately, alerted by the strange grunts coming from the kitchen the other half chose that moment to come and investigate, and was greeted by the sight of me, arse in the air, strawberry ice cream dripping from my bell end, pushing a sprout up my arse while muttering ooooohhh that feels good

Understandably this was a shock to her and she let out a scream and, as I hadn't heard her come in, it caused an involuntary spasm of shock in myself which resulted in the sprout being ejected at quite some speed in her direction. I can understand that having a sprout fired against your leg at 11 at night in the kitchen probably wasn't the special surprise she was expecting and having to explain to the kids the next day what the strange hollow in the ice cream was didn't improve my status …so to sum it up, VEET removes hair, dignity and self-respect ~ Cerys