Kramer Equestrian

Whoopit

Visit site
With Kramer Equestrian not delivering to the UK for any foreseeable future (with no confirmation as to why, Covid / Brexit or otherwise) as they’ve gone to ground on any Facebook comments, are there any other options like them ofher than Horze or being really high end companies? More European brands rather than the same ole Ariat / Shires / Mountain Horse in the UK?

Circe2

Visit site
Hope Valley have a good selection of European stuff (Pikeur, Schockemöhle etc), but that said, it’s not cheap stuff - Equus vitalis are another site that also do Busse (German, relatively cheaper), PFIFF, and then pricier things like Stubben, Christ and Euro Star. They do tend to stock quite a few German and Italian brands, though mostly more expensive - though worth checking out!

dogatemysalad

Visit site
According to their Facebook page, it appears they are not delivering to Ireland either and appeared to avoid giving a clear answer to someone asking about their gift vouchers.
Their lack of clarity is a poor show.

Suncat

Visit site
There's not a lot of information out there, oddly it doesn't seem to have been focussed on by the media very much, but DHL, Royal Mail Parcel Force and others have suspended parcel deliveries in and out of the UK and some Euro countries until more is known of the newer CV-19 variant. DHL (Germany) certainly suspended all deliveries into the UK - Kramer and Horze (via their own website) are both affected. Their statements suggest they are following local rules? Not sure of its rules on them or their distribution partners being restricted/being careful. If that's the case, they may really not know when they'll be able to deliver again.

PS - I really missed my traditional January rummage through the Kramer shop/sale!!

mariew

Visit site
I would just hold off for a bit, likewise I have seen DHL are not delivering to the UK and therefore other businesses are not selling to the UK. Probably covid, Brexit or both. Companies did not get an awful long time to prepare for whatever the agreement was so maybe they are doing safe before sorry whilst details are worked out. Or covid dies down

Griffin

Visit site
When I contacted a German feed company I use just before Christmas, they told me it was a combination of lockdown/Brexit/Christmas but they hoped to restart deliveries mid January. I really hope so!

vam

Visit site
I hope so, I've had some decent stuff from Kramer and regularly order saddle cloths from a certain site based in Germany, they use DHL and although nothing is on their website I would imagine they are not delivering either.

Visit site
I can’t see Kramer permanently stopping delivering to the UK. The market there is too big. They will most likely be working out changes to VAT/tax and import charges that are apparently going to be applied now.

dogatemysalad

Visit site
It seems that deliveries to the UK and Ireland are being restricted because of covid and the rise of infections from the new strains, although some companies are faring better at transporting parcels internationally. Apparently some eastern areas of China have put a total block on deliveries. European countries seem to be individually making their own decisions about border control, along with freight movement.

TheSpottyCobby

Visit site
I really like Kramer stuff, I've had some bargain rugs and bits and pieces from them, so I really hope they start delivering again at some point in the future

HappyHollyDays

Slave to 2 cats and 2 ponies
Visit site
The communication from the UK reps in Devon is abysmal. All they need to do is put up a post explaining the situation and people would be happy but to maintain radio silence is not only damaging their reputation as agents but confidence in the company itself.

I love Kramer stuff and have been lucky enough to shop in their store near Düsseldorf. It’s an amazing place and I just wish they would open a few around this country but they wouldn’t do it before Brexit so I don’t they will do it now.

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
When I contacted a German feed company I use just before Christmas, they told me it was a combination of lockdown/Brexit/Christmas but they hoped to restart deliveries mid January. I really hope so!

Not Agrobs is it? They are no longer going to sell direct to the public in the uk because of brexit. They will still sell through the uk distributor as this keeps all the paperwork to one channel.

Visit site
There’s no parcels coming out of the UK either. I’m waiting for all sorts of stuff from family from Christmas and it’s apparently being held due to the mutated virus apparently and also whilst customs charges and import charges are decided.

Griffin

Visit site
Not Agrobs is it? They are no longer going to sell direct to the public in the uk because of brexit. They will still sell through the uk distributor as this keeps all the paperwork to one channel.

Sadly not, it was Rodipet who make top quality small animal food. I do like Agrobs though!

CanteringCarrot

Visit site
There’s no parcels coming out of the UK either. I’m waiting for all sorts of stuff from family from Christmas and it’s apparently being held due to the mutated virus apparently and also whilst customs charges and import charges are decided.

Actually it appears that at least DPD and DHL are resuming. I just looked today as I am contemplating shipping a saddle UK to EU. So perhaps things will move now...slowly.

The customs stuff might be more difficult. I am buying an item made in the UK sent from the UK, so it isn't so bad. The value less than £150, I think, can matter too.

CanteringCarrot

Visit site
I sort of take Krämer for granted. There is a Mega Store like 20 min from me. I pop in from time to time but I am not super enthused about Krämer.

I am looking to order something from the UK and had to price out shipping today. It appears more is resuming, so perhaps slowly into the UK will too and Krämer will once again ship there.

Visit site
Actually it appears that at least DPD and DHL are resuming. I just looked today as I am contemplating shipping a saddle UK to EU. So perhaps things will move now...slowly.

The customs stuff might be more difficult. I am buying an item made in the UK sent from the UK, so it isn't so bad. The value less than £150, I think, can matter too.

That is sounding more positive. All my stuff is apparently with Royal Mail and they have now said it will be returned to sender as they have a list of countries they won’t deliver to currently and we‘re on the list!