Lack of horses to Buy!!! 15.2-16.1hh

shelley8697

Visit site
I have been looking for 2 months now for a decent riding club type to do a bit of everything, mainly to have fun.

However, there doesn't seem to be anything around!

I'm not looking for a world-beater, just a nice MW type. All that seems to be available are TB's, ex racers, out of work/sold from the field or youngstock.

Does anybody know of something that may suit that won't break the bank?

Please PM me if you do!

Preferred in the South West, but will travel for the riding horse.

WelshTilly

Visit site
I know the feeling as im in the same position as you looking for a similar neddy to you!! Im based near Newton Abbot and have been looking for a while on various websites etc to be honest im finding more leads through word of mouth and wanted ad's ive put up in the local feed / tack shops than websites.

I wish you luck .......

KVH

Visit site
I know the feeling too-have been looking for several months now, nice confidence giving sane and sensible allrounder/sj 15-16hh in south east and also can't find anything! It's driving me mad!

shelley8697

Visit site
I know the feeling too-have been looking for several months now, nice confidence giving sane and sensible allrounder/sj 15-16hh in south east and also can't find anything! It's driving me mad!
I'm driving everyone mad! my poor OH, one minute I've giving up as I'm enjoying not going out, but then I'm bored to tears!

silverstar

Visit site
Im looking for a new horse too & cant find anything. The market over the past few months has been very slow, it should start picking up soon.

WelshTilly

Visit site
I'm driving everyone mad! my poor OH, one minute I've giving up as I'm enjoying not going out, but then I'm bored to tears!

My OH thinks he is divorced to Horsemart, H&H, Horsequest etc lol :D
In fact he is has even started spreading the word around as he knows how hard im looking and realises he will get no peace until i find the one!!

Mummytotwo

Visit site
I've been looking for the same sort too, for Christmas hubby gave me a budget to buy a horse before we get our new house. £5000 but that's to include tack and rugs etc But I've had a break from horses and doing lessons and helping my friend with her horse so I'm in no rush but there seems to be very few around!

Javabb94

Visit site
i had this problem i was looking at 16.2hh's as I am 5ft 10 but only 16 after realising there that I could only find full TB's I decided I would feel more comfortable with a 15.2hh and with a little bit of bone.

First 15.2hh I went to see I bought and I felt so comfortable on him when I tried him.

I looked for only a few months, I had found a perfect 16.2hh however, I rang on day before I went on holiday to tenerife, so as he was 3 hours away I couldnt see him that day and by the time I had come back he was sold.

There are TB's out there who dont follow a stereotypical TB's characteristics though, although personally I prefer something like ID x TB .

Java as in my sig is appaloosa x TB although he has a bit of bone about him and is by no means the very fine type

thinlizzy

Visit site
If you asked me when I'm feeling winter blues and hadn't rode for a month due to snow ice and being busy I would have gladly sol my 4 yo I rode him today didn't need to lunge or school work he's in nights went straight out for quiet short ride walking only he was as good as gold. I should appreciate him more he won't be a grade a showjumper or international eventer or grand prix dressage horse but he's ideal for an old bat like me lol o wish you all well in your search its a buyers market at the moment and probs for long term future but thankyou for makoing me realise what my journey was before I found him . By the way he was always there from the begining right under my nose lol just thought he was too young try to be open in your search and be realastic about what you want

debsflo

Visit site
when we were looking 2 years ago we had the same problem.i also wanted a mare and all were geldings.we ended up buying a 15hh highland x tb . dont discount the smaller horse as some ride big.

shelley8697

Visit site
If you asked me when I'm feeling winter blues and hadn't rode for a month due to snow ice and being busy I would have gladly sol my 4 yo I rode him today didn't need to lunge or school work he's in nights went straight out for quiet short ride walking only he was as good as gold. I should appreciate him more he won't be a grade a showjumper or international eventer or grand prix dressage horse but he's ideal for an old bat like me lol o wish you all well in your search its a buyers market at the moment and probs for long term future but thankyou for makoing me realise what my journey was before I found him . By the way he was always there from the begining right under my nose lol just thought he was too young try to be open in your search and be realastic about what you want

I'm trying! lol I don't mind youngsters.....

hostess99

Visit site
Completely agree. There is nothing out there. I've been looking since I sold mine at the beginning of November. I know the weather ect hasn't helped but surely someone must have a nice 15.1 ish gelding out there!! I just want something that enjoys schooling and hacking and can do a nice dressage test.

It so frustrating I'm going to forget how to ride!!!

MistletoeMegan

Visit site
I have a super 16.1hh 9yo ISH who has dressage points, in winning RC national team, shown at county level on the flat and WH and is an absolute sweetheart but she wouldn't quite be in your budget.

Don't suppose you could keep her for another year? :p

She's exactly what I'll be looking for, shame I need to wait a bit longer.

KVH

Visit site
Ohh competitiondiva you're doing well in finding some fine neds there-fancy having a hunt for me? 15-16hh sane and sensible confidence giving allrounders (sj) in the south east! :eek: Thanks!

competitiondiva

Visit site
Ohh competitiondiva you're doing well in finding some fine neds there-fancy having a hunt for me? 15-16hh sane and sensible confidence giving allrounders (sj) in the south east! :eek: Thanks!

lol!! what build (cob, tb, mw??) age bracket and budget? I do love horse shopping!!!

Vibella

Visit site
Same here I've been looking for something around 16 hands for a few months. Sane sensible all rounders are hard to come by!! I'm hopeing next week will have a splurg on new horses being listed!!

mystiandsunny

Visit site
TBs can be amazing all-rounders, and not all will have raced. They're always cheap 'cause the upkeep is higher, but with a good double duvet and warm rugs, plus a bit of yeast for digestion, don't actually cost much more to keep through the winter. I trust mine completely, love her to bits and she keeps me sane. She's steady and calm when I need her to be (hordes of motorbikes streaming past beeping their horns and she just looks disapproving lol), but fun and fizzy if I'm in that mood. We can have a good gallop or a sedate hack, and she's won at SJ and dressage. She's amazing xc too - fast, furious and so much fun!

So if you can't find what you want elsewhere, maybe go and see a TB or two - not all are crazy and fast, I bought my girl 'cause out of all the horses and ponies I went to see, she was the safest and most sane. When I hacked her out to try her, the pony we were with took off with its rider, and my girl, not even knowing me, just carried on calmly trotting.

WelshTilly

Visit site
Me too Competition Diva :D

15hh ish 8-12 Year old safe and sane allrounder in the South West area, a real confidence giving Neddy nothing flashy as will be mainly used as a happy hacker/ schooling to continue lessons on etc!!

You should start up a business !!! You could make some money on the side call it matchmaking for horses/owners lol :p

moody_mare

Visit site
I have a TB x, 15.2/3 6 year old, done a bit of everything, feel free to pm me for more details :)
Happy Horse Hunting