Lack of horses to Buy!!! 15.2-16.1hh

littleme

Visit site
Ohh competitiondiva you're doing well in finding some fine neds there-fancy having a hunt for me? 15-16hh sane and sensible confidence giving allrounders (sj) in the south east! :eek: Thanks!

Theres a 15.2hh coloured mare at my yard in Surrey for £5950, shes only rising 5 this year but shes really sane and sensible. I took her out yesterday to nanny a livery's youngster who was being silly and she's foot perfect, we went out on the lanes with traffic, through the woods and on open grass and shes so easy to do! Seen on yards website here.. http://denbiesstables.co.uk/emstesthorsesforsale.html

ETA: I genuinely think what you are looking for will always be out there if you look hard enough!

KVH

Visit site
Theres a 15.2hh coloured mare at my yard in Surrey for £5950, shes only rising 5 this year but shes really sane and sensible. I took her out yesterday to nanny a livery's youngster who was being silly and she's foot perfect, we went out on the lanes with traffic, through the woods and on open grass and shes so easy to do! Seen on yards website here.. http://denbiesstables.co.uk/emstesthorsesforsale.html

ETA: I genuinely think what you are looking for will always be out there if you look hard enough!

Funny you should say that-I did see that advert on another website and thought she sounded like she could be what I'm looking for-just out of my price range though :mad: :eek:

competitiondiva

Visit site
KVH I like the look of that one littlme posted about (with regard to money, they say it's a buyers market!!) plus here are a few others (I do have to say the selection over that neck of the woods is generally poor, there weren't many I found at all, and of those alot seemed to be overpriced or just lacking quality, I think a day/weekend trip over to cornwall or the surrounding areas maybe in order, there seems to be a better selection there and more reasonably priced!)

http://www.adhorse.co.uk/horseforsale_33784.html

http://www.adhorse.co.uk/horseforsale_33261.html

http://www.adhorse.co.uk/horseforsale_30681.html unsure why, but I've seen this one advertised for quite a while though.

http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/marketplace/classified/4-details-horses-for-sale_262971.htm

http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/marketplace/classified/4-details-horses-for-sale_262980.htm

http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/marketplace/classified/4-details-horses-for-sale_262486.htm (a bit further afield??)

littleme

Visit site
Definately agree about being a buyers market at the moment, but I do if you aren't in a position where you are desperate to sell they are still holding their prices. Their are enough people with a lot of ££ that aren't affected by current financial 'issues' that are still buying and paying 'good' money. But also loads of horses seem to be going for peanuts (I am at uni so can't buy for another few years!!) I've been scouring horsequest etc. and the sorts I'd be interested in buying are generally so much cheaper than they were 6 months ago when mine was for sale!!

competitiondiva

Visit site
Me too Competition Diva :D

15hh ish 8-12 Year old safe and sane allrounder in the South West area, a real confidence giving Neddy nothing flashy as will be mainly used as a happy hacker/ schooling to continue lessons on etc!!

You should start up a business !!! You could make some money on the side call it matchmaking for horses/owners lol :p

lol!! now I did see a few over that way whilst looking for the others!! But what's your budget???!!!!

madeleine1

Visit site
i brought what ur describing and she wasnt even advertised and once id brought her a couple of people complained that they didnt no she was for sale otherwise they would have brought her.

i really hope you will find something but i can image you are really going to struggle.
maybe ask at your local riding school if they have any thing nice for sale or they know of anything

EstherYoung

Visit site
There are a few interesting sounding ridden arabs on arabian lines at the moment - they're very good at being a jack of all trades and tend to be a bit less £££.

wonkey_donkey

Visit site
Well I must be going wrong somewhere then because I have a very smart 16.2hh, well bred WB, ultra straight and honest, rising 5 year old mare, who has been out competing BSJA and lightly hunted on the market for 4k and had no interest whatsoever, not one person came to see her and the few people who rang all seemed actually want/expect a schoolmaster even though my horse is obviously only a youngster !!

Decided I'll have to hang onto her until the spring instead . . . . . and sounds like I need to re-word my advert perhaps ??

Last edited:

mcnaughty

Visit site
It has gone very quiet over the Christmas period - only to be expected I assume. Be patient - the right one will come along...

WelshTilly

Visit site
I've been to see this one - not good - PM for details :)

http://www.adhorse.co.uk/horseforsale_35614.html

Thanks for the heads up shelley as i enquired about him a few weeks ago and they havent returnned my email or call!! Out of interest what was up with him feel free to PM me i've just noticed he's from Quarrystone (bottom of ad) which ive not heard anything + about. The previous ad i replied to was though a different website...!! Always pays to float around!!! K x

jhoward

Demon exorcist...
Visit site
Thanks for the heads up shelley as i enquired about him a few weeks ago and they havent returnned my email or call!! Out of interest what was up with him feel free to PM me i've just noticed he's from Quarrystone (bottom of ad) which ive not heard anything + about. The previous ad i replied to was though a different website...!! Always pays to float around!!! K x

google quarrystone stables.. they also go by the names of ..
happy hackers
p and b stud

and various other names.

dixie

Visit site
Kerry,
You need to google Quarrystone - it will be very interesting.
There was one in an earlier post by Competion Diva (I think) being sold by Mark Bosanko, who is very near you - he would be worth a phone call if you haven't already.
I don't know of many others around you for sale at the mo, but will keep an ear open.

This one
http://www.adhorse.co.uk/horseforsale_37022.html

Last edited:

WelshTilly

Visit site
Kerry,
You need to google Quarrystone - it will be very interesting.
There was one in an earlier post by Competion Diva (I think) being sold by Mark Bosanko, who is very near you - he would be worth a phone call if you haven't already.
I don't know of many others around you for sale at the mo, but will keep an ear open.

This one
http://www.adhorse.co.uk/horseforsale_37022.html

Just double checked the one above is the Mark Bosanko one i saw a few weeks ago and rang and it is sold, ive seen a few previous threads on Quarrystone and have just avoided them however im seeing a lot of the same horses pop up under different names now that one included that Shelley had seen.

jhoward

Demon exorcist...
Visit site
Just double checked the one above is the Mark Bosanko one i saw a few weeks ago and rang and it is sold, ive seen a few previous threads on Quarrystone and have just avoided them however im seeing a lot of the same horses pop up under different names now that one included that Shelley had seen.

they are notorious for swapping horses about. exeter sales is an eye opener.. when they stand and bid on thier own horses!

Penniless

Visit site
Well we've been trying to loan out (with a view to buy) our rising 8 year old who has no mileage on the clock, except in youngstock classes where he did exceptionally well. Since my accident (traffic accident), he's spent the past 4 years in and out of work with various people who we managed to get to come along and ride him. He has sj lessons as a 4 year old and showed great talent, has done pre-lim dressage with a 12 year old girl on his back and could be a real champion in any discipline for a rider who knows how to bring a horse on (think of him as a very laid back 4 year old ready to start competing). He's had a year off but just before Christmas we put a 16 year old girl on him to see how he would behave and you would have thought he'd never been out of work. It would literally only take a few sessions to get him back on the bit and then you could compete. He's 16.1hh, M/W Riding Horse Type. (Won Sports Horse, Competition Horse type of classes). By a TB stallion, and out of a Catherston Humbug mare. Is our 3rd generation homebred, so the right home is essential as he was never intended to be sold on, but owners health is deteriorating and the horse is too talented to do nothing. Him, plus a 3 year old and 2 year old are just about to be advertised. Everyone we had come to ride him thought he was brilliant but they were friends who had their own horses and couldn't take another one on. So where do you suggest we advertise him - as I said, for loan first of all purely so we can make sure it's the right home for him.

silverstar

Visit site
Well we've been trying to loan out (with a view to buy) our rising 8 year old who has no mileage on the clock, except in youngstock classes where he did exceptionally well. Since my accident (traffic accident), he's spent the past 4 years in and out of work with various people who we managed to get to come along and ride him. He has sj lessons as a 4 year old and showed great talent, has done pre-lim dressage with a 12 year old girl on his back and could be a real champion in any discipline for a rider who knows how to bring a horse on (think of him as a very laid back 4 year old ready to start competing). He's had a year off but just before Christmas we put a 16 year old girl on him to see how he would behave and you would have thought he'd never been out of work. It would literally only take a few sessions to get him back on the bit and then you could compete. He's 16.1hh, M/W Riding Horse Type. (Won Sports Horse, Competition Horse type of classes). By a TB stallion, and out of a Catherston Humbug mare. Is our 3rd generation homebred, so the right home is essential as he was never intended to be sold on, but owners health is deteriorating and the horse is too talented to do nothing. Him, plus a 3 year old and 2 year old are just about to be advertised. Everyone we had come to ride him thought he was brilliant but they were friends who had their own horses and couldn't take another one on. So where do you suggest we advertise him - as I said, for loan first of all purely so we can make sure it's the right home for him.

He sounds just like what Im after but unfortunately your too far away from me.

shelley8697

Visit site

I have been told by a very reliable source to avoid Mark Bosanko too!

shelley8697

Visit site
I'm off to Emerald Equine this morning, lots of nice horses on there website. Fingers crossed xxx

I've had a good morning there, nice honest people, Good facilities, nice range horses too. Some needing conditioning (but it's winter)! but generally nice types. Tried lots and looks at lots of different types.

Fingers crossed, I have found one there.... Subject to vetting.

littleme

Visit site
Fingers crossed for your vetting Shelley!

The blue/white mare I mentioned also sold this morning, they had loads and loads of calls so seems lots of people are buying!