Lamb-help!

Micky

Visit site
FIrstly orphan lambs..yaay! Well done you for taking them on...I’m glad you’ve had the lad banded, makes life easier for you! The new little lamb, being little wouldn’t have drunk as much now as the big one, (different sizes drink different amounts) but sounds like you’ve got that sorted..you can drop feeding them to 4 times a day, just spread it out, or buy a feeder, (farm shop can advise) it will have two teats on it, have a warmer inside so you can make milk up and leave it heated for them to drink as and when thy want..however you’ll have to teach them how to use it, it once they suss it, easy! Creep feed soon, wouldn’t imagine they will eat any just yet being so young but worth leaving out..you’ll have to worm them probably mid/late summer...And keep an eye out for fly strike when it gets warm. You can make a pen out of anything, as long as they can’t jump out! They get v good at jumping! Also take them out for a nibble on grass too, if they want! Enjoy!

Evie91

Visit site
Thank you. They are now in their fifth week of life, four feeds a day. Eating a little creep, straw and hay but not much. I’ve made an outside pen in the paddock they will be going into when bigger - but only put them in when the suns out and it’s warmed up. They go for two walks a day around my garden with the dogs- we’re out for half an hour at lunch and an hour in the evening, not constantly walking, we sit and have a few minutes and the young dog chases her ball. Peter loves playing with the dogs and chases my collie! Piper loves to run and jump, does the best springs and hops! They are such good entertainment value!
They‘ve had first vaccinations. I’ve fly spray arriving today. They have been expensive - same as horses, cheap to buy expensive to keep- but only because everything comes in flock sized batches and I only have two lambs!