Laminitis with no improvement

PSD

Visit site
Gosh I’m an emotional wreck just seeing that photo so can’t imagine how it is for you. As always, thinking of you.

I find it really peaceful in a way, just with how happy and content she must be. Probably something to do with the amount of bute she had this morning but even so, she’s enjoying herself and that makes me happy

misst

Visit site
Oh my what a lovely picture. I have one similar of our old grey mare out on bute for the first time in ages at the end of her laminitis journey. So sorry she couldn't be made better and hugs for tomorrow. Remember she only knows the here and now and isn't dreading it like you are. She is just enjoying herself the way a horse should. Safe journey to her over the bridge and look after yourself. Tears running down my face at work now!

PSD

Visit site
Oh my what a lovely picture. I have one similar of our old grey mare out on bute for the first time in ages at the end of her laminitis journey. So sorry she couldn't be made better and hugs for tomorrow. Remember she only knows the here and now and isn't dreading it like you are. She is just enjoying herself the way a horse should. Safe journey to her over the bridge and look after yourself. Tears running down my face at work now!

It’s one I will treasure. I know and it’s just so lovely that the weather is so nice for her. I’ve cried a lot, my OH and kids will be saying goodbye later and that will break me but she deserves to be at peace. She’s tried so hard and she owes me nothing, she deserves to be pain free

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
so very sorry, as we hadnt heard i was hoping things had improved , you have tried everything and know that you are doing the right thing tomorrow. glad your YO is being supportive and she is getting some grass before she goes. keep strong and remember to look after yourself xxx

tiahatti

Visit site
Thinking of you Xxxxx My Hatti was put to sleep in January. I know I did the right thing and you are doing so too. How privileged we are to have them in our lives. She will meet up with our Hatti tomorrow. Take care xx

Quigleyandme

Visit site
I’m thinking of you this morning. Nobody could have fought harder than you. You have been heroic in your determination to do all that was humanly possible to beat this bloody wretched condition. Your acceptance that you can do no more is a testament to your courage. X

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Well my beautiful girl has galloped over rainbow bridge. No more pain now, she went so peacefully and she was definitely ready.

Sleep tight my precious girl, I’m just so sorry I couldn’t fix you ❤️ View attachment 47251

What a lovely picture, it has brought a lump to my throat and tears to my eyes. So sorry you couldn't win, PSD.