Laminitis with no improvement

tallyho!

Following a strict mediterranean diet...
Visit site
Tears literally streaming down my cheeks. So sorry for your loss PSD. Run free Tilly, RIP xxx

Reactions: PSD

fusspot

Visit site
RIP and pain free Tilly.My 2 went very peacefully and vet said they were ready.You will feel some peace and a slight sense of relief that the decision has been made and she is now in a pain free world.Take time for yourself and to digest everything you have been through this last few weeks.It will hit you at some point and don’t be frightened to show your emotion,It’s all part of the grieving process.Its been mentally a very tough time for you.xx

PSD

Visit site
RIP and pain free Tilly.My 2 went very peacefully and vet said they were ready.You will feel some peace and a slight sense of relief that the decision has been made and she is now in a pain free world.Take time for yourself and to digest everything you have been through this last few weeks.It will hit you at some point and don’t be frightened to show your emotion,It’s all part of the grieving process.Its been mentally a very tough time for you.xx

thank you.

My vet said with how quickly she went she was more than ready, she had a quick look at her feet this morning before it happened and said I’ve definitely made the right decision. She was so good all the way to the end, one in a million pony that will never ever be forgotten ?

lucymb

Visit site
Like everyone else i have been thinking about you all morning.
Sending love to you.
Take time to let everything sink in and don't let the "what if" play on your mind.
You did everything you could have done to help her. Sometimes we just have to let them go.❤

fusspot

Visit site
thank you.

My vet said with how quickly she went she was more than ready, she had a quick look at her feet this morning before it happened and said I’ve definitely made the right decision. She was so good all the way to the end, one in a million pony that will never ever be forgotten ?

That is also something you can take from today-that you definetly made the decision at the right time for her.Your experience this morning was exactly like mine a year ago.The vet said how quickly he went was a sign his system was starting to shut down and he wouldn’t have lasted much longer.You have been the best owner,go and spend some time with your family and take your feelingS as they come over the next week or 2.Xx

ownedbyaconnie

Visit site
Have been following this thread but never had anything of use or susbtance to say.

Thinking of you today. As others have said she only knew the here and now and what she knew is she is loved and has had a glorious day with the sun on her back and a belly full of grass.

Well done, the hardest and most painful decision for you but she is pain free now xxxView attachment 47254
What a lovely bitter sweet picture. Immediately brought a lump to my throat!

LadyGascoyne

Visit site
So sorry PSD. You did what was right, and kind and brave.

Your commitment to do right by this horse has really been admirable, and you’ve really done absolutely everything you could for her.

She was a beautiful mare, and you are a wonderful owner.

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
pleased all went ok and you feel at peace with your decision. that pic bought tears to my eyes, she was so beautiful. its a horrible condition and you did your best for her...i have been lucky in that all of mine have been good ages when they went but it doesnt make it any easier to make that final decision. please give yourself some time to grieve, hugs xxx

View

Visit site
I'm relieved that she went peacefully having enjoyed some time in a field.

As others have said, you will experience different emotions. Please be kind to yourself, just as you have done everything you can to ensure she is out of pain.

It's never easy, but take comfort that she had a wonderful owner.

RIP Tilly

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
So terribly sorry you couldn't win despite doing absolutely everything possible for her. What a beautiful pony inside and out. Xx

Ceriann

Visit site
I (along with everyone else on here) so wished for a different outcome for you both. You did everything you could, no horse could ask for more and you gave her such a special last day. I am so sorry x