Large 16.2 in an Ifor 505..?

Cash

Visit site
Have been offered an Ifor 505 by a friend (whos upgraded to an equitrek grrrr
tongue.gif
)
Do you think he will fit..? Friend did point out that i could take out the partition, but he is rubbish at keeping his balance, the idiot
tongue.gif
so has to have reasonably close partitions or he panics. (but don't even get me started on how we'll actually persuade him to go in the bloody thing!!)
Even though we'll only have him a few months longer, i'm determined to get out and about as much as possible with him before getting the new one!
frown.gif

Bay_Beasty

Visit site
Take out the partition and try in. mine is 16.1 no partition and he copes fine in his 505 but I dont think he would cope in a 505 with partition.

3Beasties

Visit site
If he isn't the greatest of travelers then I don't think I would try and get him in a 505. I have a 16.1 and wouldn't even think about traveling him in anything smaller then a 510/511.

Gal

Visit site
It depends upon the horse! Mine a 16.1 wimp can not cope with trailers in general - but a friends horse (16.3) coped well with no problems, he was narrow in build. Not a lot of help but perhaps you could hire a trailer?

Cash

Visit site
Hmmmmm... would rather not hire as will never be able to get dad on the trailer-buying case again!
laugh.gif

Ok, friend has said she will drive it over to the yard so i can mess around trying with partitions, without etc to see if it is possible; don't want him to be uncomfortable, so if it is not right, guess i will have to pass on an amazing bargain
frown.gif

Thanks

trundle

Visit site
Could you ask her very, very nicely to bring the trailer round to your place/yard and see if your lad will go into it? Then, if he fits and seems happy, you could either pay for it or give her a deposit there and then. It may be hugely cheeky, of course, and i dont know how well you know her, but it might be worth asking.

Louby

Visit site
My friend travels her 16.3 in a 505 fine but did end up taking the partition out as she just didnt have enough room. She is a great traveller though.
My 16.2 ears touched the roof and there was no way he would have fit with the partition in. He did load but wasnt a happy boy and I ended up selling it.

Mithras

Visit site
I think it depends more on how long your horse is as the height will probably be fine. My mare is a long 16.1 and is really slightly too long for my 505. But she is very willing to travel so we manage. I used to travel her with the partition in and she used to always rub her tail and pull off shoes. When I took the partition out she could stand slightly diagonally and thus make the most of the length and she travels better without the partition. Ideally though I would have a small lorry!

Ingramah

Visit site
I've got a 16.1hh medium weight horse who refused to get into a lovely equitrek belonging to a friend but happily got into an Ifor Williams 505. Was really too small though - not enough head room and width wise. Got a 510 and she's happy with that although our 11hh pony is a bit lost in it! Would caution removing central partition though - tried that and, even though tied up, she turned herself inside out and ended up facing the rear - maybe she fancied the equitrek after all.