Last Weekend in April Already!

Britestar

Visit site
Another day another dressage outing.
After last week's performance, added mag back into the mix.
Also took her out alone - less opportunity to nap.

1st test, some freestyling as per normal. Couple of 4s in there, but Holy moly, only 2 in the class and won. The other one must have had a hell of a time, as only got 61%!!

Little more settled in 2nd test, still a 2 appeared along with some 4s, but the rest was pretty much 7s. So frustrating, but lots of treats and home we came.

RachelFerd

www.facebook.com
Woo! Good day at Bradwall. Simon jumped a super double clear, and one of the fastest xc rounds in the novice to finish 3rd (no-one inside the time). And 6yo Isaac had a good educational day - rolled a few poles SJ in the rain and some sticky going in his first ever BE100, but made very light work of the xc jumping a super steady clear..little vid of Isaac's xc below...

TheMule

Visit site
Woo! Good day at Bradwall. Simon jumped a super double clear, and one of the fastest xc rounds in the novice to finish 3rd (no-one inside the time). And 6yo Isaac had a good educational day - rolled a few poles SJ in the rain and some sticky going in his first ever BE100, but made very light work of the xc jumping a super steady clear..little vid of Isaac's xc below...

Isaac doesn’t look like 'steady' clear was quite what he had in mind 😂
Well done!

RachelFerd

www.facebook.com
Isaac doesn’t look like 'steady' clear was quite what he had in mind 😂
Well done!

Oh yes, he did fancy the idea of going quicker - but I won't be granting permission on that for a while! He was totally straight and bold all the way round though - and so light on his feet. Just need the SJ to keep catching up with everything else...

Not going to have the easy joy I have with Simon of it taking about 1 stride to set him up for something I don't think. Now facing up to the idea that he is a Grade 2 event horse with 22 points :eek:

TheMule

Visit site
Oh yes, he did fancy the idea of going quicker - but I won't be granting permission on that for a while! He was totally straight and bold all the way round though - and so light on his feet. Just need the SJ to keep catching up with everything else...

Not going to have the easy joy I have with Simon of it taking about 1 stride to set him up for something I don't think. Now facing up to the idea that he is a Grade 2 event horse with 22 points :eek:

You'd better crack on with Intermediates then 🤪

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
My sharer got lost so rode 26 miles on their endurance ride. Lottie was totally fab though - loads in the tank and vet checks were all fine. Vet at end said heart rate was fine and condition was ‘ace’. She was soooo well behaved too. Long gallops but felt controlled. Good in a crowd, good with gates and being remounted, good being passed, good on her own. Fab fab horse,

Pippity

Visit site
Just before I left the yard this morning, I had a quick glance at the dressage test I'd recorded last weekend and realised that I'd forgotten to put my gloves on! So, despite having just finished a two-hour hack, Blue was hauled back into the school (thoroughly against her will) and cruelly forced round the test again, with me actually remembering gloves this time (albeit extremely dirty gloves that clashed horribly with our matchy-matchy, dahling). I got it uploaded two hours before the deadline, and I think it was actually better than the first attempt.

southerncomfort

Visit site
Nothing mind blowingly exciting, but made me happy nonetheless.

Used to hack out with middle daughter lots right up until she left uni, got a job and had much less time and interest. We lost her old pony last year, and although she had a couple of little rides on Bo, she didn't seem to enjoy it much (i think he'd had a growth spurt and was a bit wobbly and unbalanced).

Fast forward to today, and we shared a hack on Bo, me riding first and swapping over halfway.

Bo was ace and daughter had a big smile on her face all the way home.

Very proud of them both.

Curly_Feather

Visit site
RachelFerd - you're making it look super easy! Send some of your bravery to me here in South Africa ;)

We had a lovely jumping lesson today. Some gymnastic work, thank heavens (because the single jumps that I actually have to turn towards and ride off my eye scare the pants off me).
Gymnastic 2023 05 02

claracanter

Visit site
RachelFerd - you're making it look super easy! Send some of your bravery to me here in South Africa ;)

We had a lovely jumping lesson today. Some gymnastic work, thank heavens (because the single jumps that I actually have to turn towards and ride off my eye scare the pants off me).
Gymnastic 2023 05 02
How fantastic you are in South Africa. When I was there in January I rode a couple of Boerperd. Such a shame there aren’t any in the UK, as I loved them.

Curly_Feather

Visit site
How fantastic you are in South Africa. When I was there in January I rode a couple of Boerperd. Such a shame there aren’t any in the UK, as I loved them.

The Boerperd breed is so lovely. We've got a few studs that are producing awesome all-rounder kind of horses, you see them out and about across all disciplines. The only problem is they are not very big, so they're mostly for junior riders or for dressage riders who prefer smaller horses.

Jeni the dragon

Visit site
Just about recovered from a super long day at Bradwall!
Baby Paddy did a good test, definitely making progress in the right direction! One fence down in the showjumping where jockey said she missed, and given a slightly tough 20 cross country as he whipped round after going through a hedge! No where near a fence but he thinks he was clear!Screenshot_20230503_094439_Photos.jpg
No proper pics as I was videoing!
The other two boys also had a great time! Deeks even won a frilly!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230503_094014_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20230503_094014_Photos.jpg
    249 KB · Views: 3

Bernster

Visit site
Thats a bit odd Jeni isn’t it only a penalty if presented to or clearly aiming at a fence? Or were they part of a combination? If not can you challenge?

Cherryblossom

Visit site
She hadn't even presented but the fence judge saw him and gave it. Felt very mean as he is just a cheeky youngster!
That’s super mean!

Poppy went to do her second Working Hunter competition on monday. Jumped a lovely clear with me in the 70s and won her class, and when my friend brought her back in for the 80s, the judge commented that she loved her! I’m beyond delighted with her. Now just trying to get up the nerve to enter a local 2 phase and get out on the cross country properly! 470BF2CA-E032-4648-A066-15DE1F389465.jpeg

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
She hadn't even presented but the fence judge saw him and gave it. Felt very mean as he is just a cheeky youngster!

Fence judges don’t seem to know the rules. I presented to the wrong fence. Clocked it late and swerved so didn’t jump, then circled round to the correct fence. 20 pens. I queried it with FJ who agreed what had happened but not that the 20 pens were a mistake. So I then queried it with the course supervisor or whatever the person with the final say is called. He also said that was 20 pens. I had to print off relevant sections of the rule book before they changed it! I wouldn’t have bothered except I was DC and wanted the qualifying points.