Last weekend in March plans

TheMule

Visit site
Hacked all 3 yesterday, including the mule's first ride after her winter holiday 496EF36D-9584-417A-A78D-BA559691BB50.jpeg

Then I popped home for Mother's Day today and took Nova with me for his first play over the arena xc fences and he was very good- we need to get some shoes on and get out on grass now

Michen

Visit site
Eventing on two hours sleep is always risky but a 32 double clear with some time faults dropping us from 3rd to 7th is pretty good going ?

The most fun XC round I’ve ever ridden and that’s saying something given they are always fun with him but I don’t think I’ve ever grinned the whole way round before ?. Little report later but just so very appreciative of my little Bogster who, not once in 5 years of competing, has ever even had an “off day” or done anything other than give 100%. 7A0F3E44-D027-4914-A813-AC4EE6ECAD5A.jpegD889C686-9EC7-4822-9923-AB002DB87623.jpeg

Peglo

Visit site
So today was show day and me and Tali’s first outing. She walked straight on the box and got tucked into the haylage. We got to the show and there was loads of horses about (for up here anyway) and she had a good look around, tied her to the box and she tucked into her haynet. Her babysitter went to do her show and she ate her hay without even a winny (there is a theme here) we bridled up to do our show and she did have hot feet when we first went in, first time in an indoor school with me, but she settled after a bit of walking round and did a lovely show.
Her second time in the ring there was a couple of horses misbehaving slightly so she did get some ants in her pants too but she didn’t pull or actually do anything bad.
after her second show I stuck her saddle on and had a shot in the warm up ring to potter about a bit. No worries there.
loading up to go home she tried to step up the ramp from the side when I wasn’t paying attention.I took her round to line her up properly and she walked straight on and showed that haylage who was boss.

honestly I just had the best day with my little Blondy. She took everything in her stride and was just a joy to take out. She seemed to enjoy herself and wanted to speak to anyone and everyone. She just keeps surprising me, I’m not sure when I will stop being awed by how fun and easy she is. I’m so so pleased with her and she got lots of compliments, even though she is too chunky! (Work in progress!!) 9555A100-8D5F-4EC2-9708-CFAD0A797844.jpeg
A28D4927-89C7-459F-B5A6-6EEFDB523C78.jpg
stealing babysitter’s haylage when she wasn’t looking.
F3E39E64-E81B-4BDF-A11B-6F2946215596.jpg

5453CCC2-37E7-4A19-8630-165969F369F2.jpg
hacking picture from Saturday. As it turns out galloping on the beach is much more fun than show prep. Even the half a**d attempt I did ?

well done everyone that was out and about this weekend. Been some brilliant stories and photos.

think I’m going to go to bed smiling tonight ?

racebuddy

Visit site
Had lovely weekend took
Both of mine to kelsall my
Older boy babysitting the baby round the farm ride ,
Well dodnt know what who was the most quietest the baby the older on was too
Keen to get going ❤️❤️??

Attachments

• F53FB85E-23D2-4800-A362-5373C2E88F4F.jpeg
    F53FB85E-23D2-4800-A362-5373C2E88F4F.jpeg
    22.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 0EA7760C-805C-42A9-AF46-6F46885C09CF.jpeg
    0EA7760C-805C-42A9-AF46-6F46885C09CF.jpeg
    27.6 KB · Views: 2
  • 281FF077-ECC0-4F80-9766-DA4E40DAD09E.jpeg
    281FF077-ECC0-4F80-9766-DA4E40DAD09E.jpeg
    36.1 KB · Views: 2

CanteringCarrot

Visit site
I'm not starting these threads anymore. I'm too envious of all of these fabulous weekends while I sit here in Covid quarantine. I should be out of quarantine just in time for the shite weather to come :D

Not feeling too bad, did a wee bit of gardening to get some fresh air. Horse was ridden this weekend...just not by me. So, at least he got some exercise. Not sure if he cares about my absence :p

Accidental Eventer

Visit site
Both boys had a good jump on Saturday at home to prop for their first comp yesterday. Henry jumped two good rounds. The first was a bit messy, I didn't have him where he needed to be, I've been having to work to get him in front of my leg so when I needed him to woah and he wasn't it was a bit of a turn around. I rode the second course so much better, and he jumped better for it too. I feel like we are in a good place for the start of the season. He had a rail in each class, but he learnt from them and didn't repeat the mistake (and nor did I!).
D9A2F242-4775-4170-8518-AE578EA668A6.jpg
Coolie wasn't his usual self in the warm up, and so I scratched him. He doesn't need to compete, it's only if he feels up for it and I don't want him to have to tell me twice he doesn't want to after nearly 10 years together.
726F4745-E586-4B75-A117-C8AD8F7D8583.jpgFCFB4E76-196E-47C4-A4AF-618204302190.jpeg

J_sarahd

Visit site
XC lesson was so good. He flew everything with only 2 issues - one fence I was a bit scared of so didn’t ride to it and another he came round the corner a bit too onward and on the forehand which I will have to make sure I fix in time out on course and just make sure he is listening to me. But very pleased with him and looking forward to Aston on 10th!

46A1464A-4997-4F0B-A201-B37432489E5F.jpeg

Pippity

Visit site
Two hacks this weekend, both of them nightmares. I think mostly due to the M56 being closed so a lot of annoyed people diverting down our country lanes, but I've never met so many utter idiots as in the past two days.

Saturday, three cyclists boxed us in at the traffic lights; followed by three young lads in a souped up tin can throwing a cigarette at Blue as they roared past.

Sunday, a Subaru got fed up of waiting ten seconds for us to see round the corner whether it was safe to pass and just gunned it past three cars and us. Far more suicidal cyclists out than usual, all flying past without a word or a bell ring. We also had the fun of meeting a horse trailer appearing from nowhere over a hump-backed bridge, immediately followed by a Harley Davidson. Credit to the Harley rider, he kept his engine quiet and went at a really steady speed, but it was still all too much for Blue who spent a few seconds spinning while she tried to figure out whether to run away from the Harley (towards the trailer and away from her friend) or towards her friend (and towards the HD). I managed to point her towards her friend and push her on, and we got past the Harley.

On the 100m stretch of road before home, we had yet another motorist gun it as they went past us. Looking at her face as she went past, it wasn't malice but just sheer ignorance. And, finally, a rattling old 3.5t van coming up behind us, and our hacking buddy loathes vans, the horses were already on the edge of breaking, so we just trotted the last bit home (even though Blue's still supposed to be walk-only) while the van driver considerately kept well back.

Of course, this sort of hack only ever happens when my hatcam's out of action. I need to start carrying a back-up one.

humblepie

Visit site
Some fab reports and amazing photos. Pippity that sounds rubbish but at least you met a couple of nice drivers. We just hacked both days as horse having a quiet time - did manage to time yesterday's hack to meet cars and trailers going to local schooling centre but fortunately they were nice drivers. Horse had a nice hot wash and tidy up pm.

Bernster

Visit site
That sounds awful Pippity. We had a couple of inconsiderate drivers over the weekend, one did come back (road closed so diverted back) who apologised on his return journey. I’m not sure a lot of people understand the hand signal for slow down either.

We did really test the traffic proofing on Saturday. We ventured down the road closed (cough) and realised it was tarmac work. We could access the road but had to go past diggers, rollers, a giant truck pouring tarmac out, road signs, cones etc. Both horses were brilliant. Finn is rock solid with stuff like that and I remember again how lucky I am to have him.

Contrast that with a solo hack on Bertie Sunday, which I don’t do nearly enough so decided I needed to have a crack at it. He wasn’t quite so sure about the Tesco truck in the yard but that was the only hesitation. It was more nerve wracking than the road works with Finn but actually far less eventful !

j1ffy

Visit site
Sorry to hear about your hack Pippity - drivers are definitely worse when there's a diversion as they try to make up time. I'm glad nothing went badly wrong.

Lovely to see reports and photos again, things are really picking up aren't they?! Such a wide variety of disciplines too (how did you do yesterday rara?)

The vets are taking a closer look today but all looked fine on Chilli's x-rays :D As the issue only shows up on small circles on hard ground we're fine to keep going, so I did a short hack on Friday then a schooling session yesterday - he felt the best he ever has! I think I've found the trot tempo that allows him to swing more and overall he feels like he's getting stronger with a hint of cadence. We're going to my trainer's on Thursday / Friday (might see you there MP!) so let's see if he can demonstrate some good behaviour away from home...

RachelFerd

www.facebook.com
Two hacks this weekend, both of them nightmares. I think mostly due to the M56 being closed so a lot of annoyed people diverting down our country lanes, but I've never met so many utter idiots as in the past two days.

Saturday, three cyclists boxed us in at the traffic lights; followed by three young lads in a souped up tin can throwing a cigarette at Blue as they roared past.

Sunday, a Subaru got fed up of waiting ten seconds for us to see round the corner whether it was safe to pass and just gunned it past three cars and us. Far more suicidal cyclists out than usual, all flying past without a word or a bell ring. We also had the fun of meeting a horse trailer appearing from nowhere over a hump-backed bridge, immediately followed by a Harley Davidson. Credit to the Harley rider, he kept his engine quiet and went at a really steady speed, but it was still all too much for Blue who spent a few seconds spinning while she tried to figure out whether to run away from the Harley (towards the trailer and away from her friend) or towards her friend (and towards the HD). I managed to point her towards her friend and push her on, and we got past the Harley.

On the 100m stretch of road before home, we had yet another motorist gun it as they went past us. Looking at her face as she went past, it wasn't malice but just sheer ignorance. And, finally, a rattling old 3.5t van coming up behind us, and our hacking buddy loathes vans, the horses were already on the edge of breaking, so we just trotted the last bit home (even though Blue's still supposed to be walk-only) while the van driver considerately kept well back.

Of course, this sort of hack only ever happens when my hatcam's out of action. I need to start carrying a back-up one.

We also had a weekend mainly of hacking - went our very early on Sunday to avoid the lunatics and had a lovely peaceful ride, mainly off road. I braved mid-morning with the youngster on Saturday, but fortunately didn't meet too much madness - we did end up joining a scout group walk for a bit, and 5yo enjoyed having all of the kids stroking him on the nose. He's such a softy!

nikkimariet

Visit site
Love the pics RaRa!!!

Rooni went to a party on Saturday. We were due a mid week lesson but the power steering in mine is getting fixed and the lorry I borrowed off my livery got a flat, foiled!

I went competing on my own which always provides me with too much time to preemptively slate my performance but he was great. A few bobbles for just under 66% Am98 and just over 70% am music.

81B6F629-2DA8-41CD-8540-2F92C976B0D6.jpeg

We had a lovely bomb round a local hack Sunday morning, nice that the ground had dried up enough!

318C2F49-10F7-420B-B3D9-7E919EFB926E.jpeg

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
I sincerely apologise to the entire forum as it’s taken me a few days to get a photo of this, the week old foal at my yard…

…and a second apology that the forum insists on posting portrait photos on their side!
View attachment 89767
What a lovely foal ?
Bit blurry but right way up for you x
53AF5537-6B09-4318-8E9C-B1E8E4E97FA7.jpeg

Caol Ila

Visit site
They're cute when they aren't yours.

Wee lassie from Barrhead became a lunging expert this weekend. You would not think she just learned how to do it on Tuesday. Obviously don't want to overdo it, because circles aren't ideal for her joints, but she defintely understands the concept. Next step... long lining.

She also did her first solo hack in-hand. Well, with me, obviously, but you know what I mean. Pretty much faultless.

racebuddy

Visit site
we had great weekend took the baby one around the farm ride at kelsall , when we arrived as horses were galloping past on the gallops he found this very exciting to say the least , was worried he wouldnt settle especially as had my dad riding him but he soon relaxed and was really well behaved the whole 2 hours , really brave through the water compex again and when horses were passing him , such a good boy , my older boy who is 20 just absolutley jogged the whole entire way round , just didnt want to walk bless him , he doesnt understand the babysitting duties xx

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Another lesson on the unruly one this morning :p
He started out breathing fire because there was another horse in the arena :rolleyes: so we went back on the lunge until he was able to be civilised. From then on he had to properly get his backside in gear and motor :p now and then he put his knees up round his ears and we all got a glimpse of a very Expensive Trot which is quite exciting but for now i would be glad to just do very Ordinary Trotting round the arena without drama :oops:

276992115_5349386355072831_4113966414066513437_n.jpg

Bernster

Visit site
Lawks he sounds erm interesting…but well worth it I’m sure and I reckon you’ll have a cracking horse once the excitement dies down !

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Lawks he sounds erm interesting…but well worth it I’m sure and I reckon you’ll have a cracking horse once the excitement dies down !
Yeah i think so :) Dressage-training-wise he's quite advanced, but rideability and basics are somewhat lacking :p He's a funny mix of anxious and bolshy and I think the next few months will mainly be about him staying in his box and doing what he's told and NOTHING MORE :p

Fortunately trainer knows me inside out and i trust him completely so I think we will crack it, being committed to a lesson forces me to pull myself together and deal with it and tbh he hasn't escalated with his nutty behaviour once we have started, so it's just a case of getting going :D