Last weekend in October plans?

CanteringCarrot

Visit site
I've got zero plans and I'm feeling sad about it being the last weekend in October and the clock change.

Looks like it might be a wet one, so maybe a day in the school and another day free lunging/liberty work. Could possibly walk or hack out if it's not too wet.

The weather has been nice this week so we've been in the forest or the outdoor school.

Poor quality video stills:

Screenshot_20211028-085018_Instagram.jpgScreenshot_20211027-213248_Instagram.jpg

Last edited:

iknowmyvalue

Visit site
Friend is coming over on Saturday to have a little jump on Pepsi! None of her horses are currently rideable so offered her to come and ride him for a bit of cheering up.

Then Sunday we’ve got the dreaded stressage ? doing an intro and a prelim, and the only aim is to improve on 45% which was our last score… It’s a fairly relaxed thing, no show gear required, so hopefully will be a nice experience for him…

j1ffy

Visit site
Weirdly I’m also off to London for a very nice Chinese ?. It’s my OH’s birthday so taking him for a bling weekend of hotel, Michelin star Chinese and his bucket list request of The Mousetrap. Can’t wait!

Will squeeze in a hack tomorrow and hopefully a little ride once back on Sunday.

Sheep

Visit site
Going dressaging on Sunday. Last minute decision, realised I had a voucher for a venue which is due to expire next week, so thought sod it, let’s go. Going to do prelim & novice - normally I do 2 x novice but they only have one class, and it’s a new venue for us, so he can do his spooking during the prelim, I suppose ?
Hoping to join DI in the new year and will go out at prelim, so now seems a good time to get practicing.

J_sarahd

Visit site
Finally sitting on pony again for the first time in over a week. Following the physio last weekend, I thought it best to just give him a week off. He had an in-hand walk out last night but other than that, he’s been a bit of a field ornament. So a ploddy 30-minute hack on both Saturday and Sunday to see if he’s feeling any better. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

I’m also riding my friend’s horse on Sunday. He’s 16hh and an absolute dream - can be a bit lazy, but quite easy and straightforward to ride with the most comfortable canter. She said I can do whatever I like with him, so I think I’ll do some polework as I’m actually missing schooling!

Chippers1

Visit site
Still no sign of my horsebox being fixed, i'm getting pretty annoyed about it now as I keep seeing fun things happening that I can't go to :mad: probably just pop a few jumps at home, Buzz has the all clear with his eye. They've moved to winter fields too so no more 20 min round trip walks to their summer fields! That's the only good thing about winter, I hate the rest of it :D

Michen

Visit site
I've got zero plans and I'm feeling sad about it being the last weekend in October and the clock change.

Looks like it might be a wet one, so maybe a day in the school and another day free lunging/liberty work. Could possibly walk or hack out if it's not too wet.

The weather has been nice this week so we've been in the forest or the outdoor school.

Poor quality video stills:

View attachment 81801View attachment 81802

Me too Re clocks CC. Hate it. I swear the only thing keeping me in this country is Boggle!

lovely pics x

AandK

Visit site
Sad it's the last weekend in Oct and the clocks go back, just got to deal with the next couple of months until the shortest day!
No major plans this weekend, other than family coming round tomorrow evening. Charlie is continuing to look better on his foot. Trotted him up while Andy was being shod on Weds and he looked 99.99% sound! Will see how he is looking tomorrow AM when I bring him in for a groom etc, and all going well I will give him another week to be sure and start with some walking in hand...

oldie48

Visit site
I hacked Mr D out this morning for the first time and owner hacked Miss F, who has someone coming to view on Sunday. It was windy and wet, we met two hedge cutters, someone using a power saw and a huge tractor, Mr D marched past everything. I did wear my air vest as he can whip round at speed but the danger today was forgetting to unclip myself, thankfully I remembered. Lesson on Monday and Wednesday next week.

Pippity

Visit site
Blue's got the okay to start daily 30-minute walks in-hand for her rehab. We had the first one yesterday and it was a bit more like flying a kite than I'd expected, so I may hold off on tonight's and start in daylight.

Unfortunately, we have to do some roadwork to get to the off-road hacking, so I've been experimenting with just how many lights you can put on one 15hh cob. So far, we have browband, breastplate, all four legs, tail, and a couple of LED strips hanging off her roller, while wearing one of the super-reflective Equisafety Mercury exercise sheets, plus leg wraps and reflective strip on her noseband. I'm in builder's hi-viz with runner's lightbelt, LED strip on my helmet, LED armbands on my wrists, and carrying an LED whip. Everybody was very polite last night - I suspect mostly because they couldn't figure out what the hell we were!

SaddlePsych'D

Visit site
Having my first lesson on share horse on Saturday. Forecast not looking great but I'm really very excited about it and hoping it doesn't get rescheduled!

Also constructing some fencing to improve our prospects of rescuing a hound in the near future. :D

@Pippity that sounds like when people slow down to look at Christmas lights, maybe you're on to something there! Hope the rehab goes well with Blue :)

Hound rescuing prospects improved greatly today having only just brought fencing home last night, no construction needed (but will still do). Fingers crossed for our date with potential hound we have reserved next week. :)

Alibear

Visit site
The cold and rain have me ready to hibernate. I got good news from the saddle fitter on Tuesday so I could be riding. But she did mention Amer is a bit sore over her back still so I think I shall become a fair-weather rider for another week.
We do now have a clinic to go to mid-November so that will ensure we pick up again and she has the chiro on the 10th so it won't hurt to take a step back for now. I also need to find a time when it's daylight and both YO and I are free so I can run through tacking up western with her and she can try a first solo hack on Amber for me.

Chippers1

Visit site
We did a bit of jumping and ended up with a 90 spread! I'm so so pleased, it's taken me almost 2 years to get back to jumping higher, and we did it 3 times (rather than once with my eyes closed kind of thing ?) I know 90 isn't massive for a lot of people but it's huge to me - and a spread! Normally I'm an higher jumps as uprights only kind of person haha
Very please with little Buzz
IMG_20211029_171134_488.jpg

little_critter

Visit site
I HAD plans, but not any more ?
I was booked in on an Andy Thomas symmetry clinic and up to last night I was hopeful of attending (despite lameness mid Sept). But schooling last night there were a few too many question marks so I’ve withdrawn from the clinic and the vet is coming back out next week.

Bernster

Visit site
Also feeling blue about the inclement weather that seems to have arrived, and clocks going back. Family stuff this weekend but I’ll fit in riding Saturday afternoon hopefully.

Chinese is my favourite food !! Hope you both have fun with your London weekends.

BronsonNutter

Visit site
Going on the hunt’s Halloween fun ride with a friend from work. The predicament/first world problem I have is which horse to take? Older TB who I know where his naughtiness limit is but will jigjog continuously, or the young TB who is generally very good but is extremely ‘athletic’ if she does blow up?’ Normally only one is in full work at a time so this is a new issue for me!

SaddlePsych'D

Visit site
Eee first lesson with share horse went quite well. Lots to learn and unlearn but the instructor was great at explaining things while reassuring me I've not learned 'wrong' it's just about moving things on a bit from what I have learned. We had some really fabulous canter towards the end and I feel confident we can practice some of the things out hacking (transitions!) I'm so excited for how good it will be when I've improved myself. Share horse is a fantastic teacher! :)

mavandkaz

Visit site
Not a great weekend here.
Sham had his vet visit Friday - feel a bit in limbo land. Vet isn't ready to give up on him but hasn't responded as well to hock steroids as hoped. Does get better the more he does so still leaning towards stiffness/arthritis. So going to shoe him all round with lateral extensions, and on Bute for three weeks to get him moving more freely and help transition to shoes. Will then reassess at the end of the month.
The wet weather has also meant Belle has not done much other then a short, slippy hack round the field.
And to top it off, went to put my waterproof trousers on this morning, only to get stung by a queen wasp which had obviously decided to hibernate in there. So now have a nice swollen knee.
Only good news is the horsebox passed it MOT on Friday.

Glad to hear others are having a good weekend.

southerncomfort

Visit site
Little critter- thats so disappointing. Hope your horse is OK.

Zero happening here.

My 5 year old has had a bit of a break after not feeling quite right. Not lame but asking to stretch his back a lot. Physio can't fit us in for another couple of weeks, but meanwhile Bo is looking in fine fettle and merrily doing handstands and cartwheels around the field.

I have an inkling that his issue was caused by me! I changed my HM seat saver for a different type and instantly felt like I was sitting crooked and after about half hour of riding my right shoulder began to ache. So I'm wondering if my sitting crookedly made him uncomfortable.

I had planned to test the theory by putting the HM seat saver back on for a trial ride to see how we both felt. Unfortunately, monsoon season appears to have hit us, coupled with tornado season for good measure and I have decided getting on the 5 year old who is bursting with energy is probably best left until the weather calms the flip down.

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
I went to BD today - it’s my first ever attempt at BD. I discovered that you get rosettes for turning up in wind and rain as nobody else does.
The biggest adrenaline buzz comes from being chronically late and thinking you might miss your first test and having a 5 minute warm up.
BD isn’t grabbing me, but it’s something to do over the winter.

iknowmyvalue

Visit site
Ridiculously proud of my boy today! Was his first ever dressage comp and came away with 2 frillies! Ok, there were only 3 people in each class, but to take the win in the intro and 2nd in the prelim was more than I ever expected ?

Don’t get me wrong, there’s still a lot of work to do on the flat with him, but we’re getting there slowly, and the marks are in there somewhere! Makes it worth dragging ourselves out and getting absolutely soaking wet in the warmup ?
70EE9517-4322-47BD-8D04-83370648A10A.jpeg