Leaving My Boys :(

Cedars

Visit site
Sorry to post this, I'm in a mess tonight and I didn't know where else to post that people might understand :(

I have two beautiful Labradors who are my absolute pride and joy. One is nearly 3 and one is still under a year. I love them to pieces. We've had three during our relationship and I have absolutely loved having them as pups and molding them into ace adult dogs and they're just awesome. Really awesome.

I've split up with my partner, and he is keeping the dogs. It is 100% the right decision for them as he has the space and the land to give them everything they deserve. Hopefully I'll still see them lots and I am planning to spend time with them really frequently...

...which doesn't explain why I'm such a mess. I am so upset :'( they're my boys, my babies and I can't bear that I won't be there every day for snuggles and to squish them! I can't stand that I'm going to miss so much of the pup growing up, I've done all the hard work but he's now at that age where he's turning into a 'proper dog' and I won't be around for it. I'm so worried they'll forget all about me and they won't be pleased to see me when I visit, or they will just want to stay with their dad and not come with me. I'm scared they won't remember who I am :( whereas ATM they won't leave my side.

I know I can still take them for walks etc but I won't ever get sofa time again, they won't be able to sneak into bed again for cuddles, they won't be there when I'm scared or when I need company :(

I'm moving on Monday so this is my penultimate night with them. Any words of wisdom would be appreciated :( I am not worried or upset about anything else about moving on, that's all really exciting, but leaving my boys behind feels totally horrid :(

x

freckles22uk

www.foxykeepsakes.co.uk
Sorry for your sad situation, but they wont forget you, my sheltie that past away this year, would go mad when my mum or daughter came over to stay (im in Spain)... she used to only see them 1-2 times a year, and would go bonkers, I was tossed aside like a used rag, she would sit an whine and follow them everywhere, sit with them.... so I dont think you have any worries there..

it is good you can still see them both xx

Gingermonkey

Visit site
My heart is breaking for you but by leaving them you are still doing what's right for them because you love them and because of this you couldn't do anything else. They won't forget you. x

Saneta

Visit site
Perhaps you'll have them to stay when OH goes on holiday, so this isn't the last time you'll have snuggles on the sofa I'm sure. Hard as it is, try not to be emotional when you leave and when you see them again. Good luck, be strong for their sake...

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
I truly feel for you. :( Even being parted from mine when they were having an adventure last week half killed me.

Big hugs, I don't know how to make you feel better, but hopefully you can still go and walk them and get cuddles.

Dizzydancer

Visit site
My heart is breaking for you but by leaving them you are still doing what's right for them because you love them and because of this you couldn't do anything else. They won't forget you. x

I echo the above. My heart breaks for you and them, big changes a foot but you put them first I hope you can come up with an arrangement where you can see them regularly and maybe have them stay sometimes.

Hugs to you enjoy every second of snuggles, be strong you will see them soon x x

Clare85

Visit site
I'm very sorry for you Cedars, what a heartbreaking time. But please rest assured that they will remember you and love you still. Since my parents split up about 6 years ago, our Black Lab never really sees my dad as he moved away - but every time he does see him, he greets him like an old friend and I know he remembers him. I hope you can come to an arrangement with your ex whereby you can see your dogs regularly and have them to stay sometimes. Take care of yourself x

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
They won't forget you. I know its not the same, but I go away for 3-9 days three or four times a month, and you wouldn't believe the welcomes I get! My husband who is the one that is constantly with them sometimes gets quite miffed they totally ignore him in their rush to greet me when I get home. That's what you will get when you go to see them, plus you will be doing all the fun stuff with them, so they will think of you as fun.

You're being so brave and sensible about this split and move. You should be very proud of yourself.xx

lexiedhb

Visit site
So i've done this. I left my beautiful rescue dog in the hands of someone I did not trust to care for him properly- so take comfort your dogs are with someone who you know will love them. I cried like never before the day i left, but he and I have slowly gotten over it, and i am now in a position to have him - although its still baby steps as he is very unsettled at my new place.

Go walk them, offer to baby sit, keep things friendly between you.

Cedars

Visit site
Thanks for the support everyone, I've really appreciated it. I moved on Monday, and the boys coped quite badly with that, particularly my older one who seems the most confused and upset. I took them for a walk on Tuesday and then again today - today they were SO excited to see me which was really lovely, and I'm hoping they'll get into the routine a bit more now I've moved - poor Bracken is finding it very hard and is spending a lot of time clinging to his daddy bless him :(

I won't see them again until Monday now, so here are some photos from our walks to help cheer me up :)

FinnishLapphund

There's no cow on the ice
Visit site
Thanks for the support everyone, I've really appreciated it. I moved on Monday, and the boys coped quite badly with that, particularly my older one who seems the most confused and upset. I took them for a walk on Tuesday and then again today - today they were SO excited to see me which was really lovely, and I'm hoping they'll get into the routine a bit more now I've moved - poor Bracken is finding it very hard and is spending a lot of time clinging to his daddy bless him :(

I won't see them again until Monday now, so here are some photos from our walks to help cheer me up :)

Grr why won't the pictures show like they used to?

Before posting your reply, it should just look like this
in your reply box, where you want your photos to show. I think you need to change which code you copy on your Photobucket account, as it is, your photolinks begins and ends with . Or erase the bit saying [URL...] ... sure that they'll get used to the situation.