Lemieux matchy craze?!

nikkimariet

Visit site
I love matchy. A good quality navy/brown/black pad costs as much as one in a pretty colour and the boots are the same too. Takes no more effort to put on either. I’m boring I only wear muted colours and all my equipment has to be functional, I wouldn’t use anything that couldn’t stand up to the rest of time.

it’s akin to asking why everyone doesn’t just wear primark clothes. As they’re just clothes. Well, maybe people just like other stuff? It fits better? It wears nicer? And it makes them feel good? Who really cares?

The only time I raise my eyebrows is when vet/teeth/saddle/feed/etc standards aren’t maintained because all funds go on matchy. For instance I see a horse struggling where it is over due on hocks injections and the owner splashing out on unneeded fashion items and wondering why the horse is under performing. But I suppose that’s ignorance rather than poor taste.

As for the limited edition/silly money stuff, again, someone else’s prerogative which doesn’t affect me one bit. Leave them to it.

Pippity

Visit site
Because of this thread, I wore full matchy-matchy in my lesson last night - my one and only Lemieux pad and matching fly bonnet (citron), co-ordinating overreach boots, breeches, t-shirt and hat silk (complete with my first ever pom-pom), and I even wore my sailing waterproof, instead of my horsey one, because it co-ordinated better.

And I've just ordered a delightfully garish Weatherbeeta ombre saddlepad and fly bonnet (rainbow).

And orange reins, to go with her orange hi-viz for hacking. (She has different bridles for hacking and schooling, so I won't be swapping the reins depending on what we're doing!)

I'm maybe a tad contrary at times.

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
Because of this thread, I wore full matchy-matchy in my lesson last night - my one and only Lemieux pad and matching fly bonnet (citron), co-ordinating overreach boots, breeches, t-shirt and hat silk (complete with my first ever pom-pom), and I even wore my sailing waterproof, instead of my horsey one, because it co-ordinated better.

And I've just ordered a delightfully garish Weatherbeeta ombre saddlepad and fly bonnet (rainbow).

And orange reins, to go with her orange hi-viz for hacking. (She has different bridles for hacking and schooling, so I won't be swapping the reins depending on what we're doing!)

I bet you looked fabulous! :cool:

Circe2

Visit site
I find exercise/polo bandages and ears a total faff, although I admit that those who go through the trouble obviously look nice.

However, I am totally partial to a nice set of sheepskin-lined boots, paired with a Schockemöhle or Animo pad! And I must have about 15 of them (though I rotate summer and winter colours, as the boy changes colour when he’s clipped..!). Mind, two of them are white, so only get used for shows (or is that just mental gymnastics, to work down the number..?)

Circe2

Visit site
They're all just jealous darling!

All the peasants with their hideous none matchy horses, I bet they don't even consider if their saddlepads, jackets and boots tone :eek:.
122043910_1438585269660662_1713951406410655386_n.jpg

121974672_1437475333104989_8064600460594167019_n.jpg

How can you possibly be taken as a serious rider if you've not matched your hair to the latest seasons colour of LeMieux?
95639344_1299228836929640_5038149032237596672_n.jpg

The outrage of it all!

This cracks me up so much and I LOVE it ? keep doing your thing!

TheSpottyCobby

Visit site

I really love the look of the citron pad, and the rainbow ombre! Hoping the citron might end up in the sale at some point! I echo the need for pics ;)

huskydamage

Visit site
Im not in to 'matchy matchy' and don't really get it, but I have tons of other needless horsey stuff instead. I work hard for my money and if I want to spend it on shite I will. People buy loads of clothes, shoes, makeup, car stuff whatever. If some people like to spend their money on saddle pads then have at it and enjoy I say.

sbloom

www.stephaniebloomsaddlefitter.co.uk
I'll always say that one brilliant sheepskin pad (ideally with shim pockets) is worth the 4 regular cotton pads you could have instead. And the ones I stock can be ordered in a HUGE number of completely custom variations (about 30 colours of sheepskin for starters!)

stormox

Visit site
I'll always say that one brilliant sheepskin pad (ideally with shim pockets) is worth the 4 regular cotton pads you could have instead. And the ones I stock can be ordered in a HUGE number of completely custom variations (about 30 colours of sheepskin for starters!)
Harder to wash though...

Pippity

Visit site

And that's why I have three lovely sheepskin pads among my collection. But Blue's topline varies so much throughout the year that being able to put on a thicker or thinner saddlepad saves me a fortune on getting my saddle adjusted every three months.

Also, I like having a variety of colours.

FrostKitten

Visit site
I agree with some of the other comments, two sets are what I am aiming for. Currently, I only have the ears and the saddle pad (Navy Lemieux) and would love to buy a set in another colour eventually. If I end up with many please plan an intervention! :D

Lady2021

Visit site
Haha it definitely a good idea for the horse riding company’s they make loads of money from it. Personally it not my thing . Lemieux sizes can be off .

muddybay

Visit site
I don't like some of their choices on bringing out identical colours just after they've been discontinued (champagne and mink)! But their products are quite nice and I like how thin their numnahs are