Lemieux matchy craze?!

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
They're all just jealous darling!

All the peasants with their hideous none matchy horses, I bet they don't even consider if their saddlepads, jackets and boots tone :eek:.
122043910_1438585269660662_1713951406410655386_n.jpg

121974672_1437475333104989_8064600460594167019_n.jpg

How can you possibly be taken as a serious rider if you've not matched your hair to the latest seasons colour of LeMieux?
95639344_1299228836929640_5038149032237596672_n.jpg

The outrage of it all!

LegOn

Visit site
I just like one colour - purple and always have, so everything I have matches by default because I only buy black and purple!! Yes I have about 42 saddles pads (dont do bandages or ear bonnets) but I have a fair few pairs of brushing and tendon boots in black and purple.

I never had ponies as a kid so I'm just a big kid now really - I like buying saddles pads... but then again I like buying saddles, bridles, bits, supplements, training, physio/osteo for my horse, creams, lotions, potions - having a horse is my hobbie so stands to reason all my money gets spent on my hobbie! :p;):D

tatty_v

Visit site
I dipped a toe in the water last year and bought a beautiful dark green saddlepad and matching base layer for me from Kramer and I really like it. It makes me feel more “put together” and is nice to wear when I’m filming my online dressage tests.

I was mulling over buying the plum set too but now Kramer aren’t delivering to the Uk! ?

Any suggestions for saddlepad and base layer combos that aren’t too pricey? I’m not a fan of most of the le mieux colour and the PS of Sweden/schokemole etc are too expensive...

welshpony216

Visit site
this is getting out of control, looking online, there are whole sites devoted to overpriced matchy sets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ish2020

Visit site
People who do like to match there horses have way to much time on there hands. No offense but it can look stupid especially when people don’t wear coats and they literally look frozen just because they want to match there horses.

LegOn

Visit site
People who do like to match there horses have way to much time on there hands. No offense but it can look stupid especially when people don’t wear coats and they literally look frozen just because they want to match there horses.

Sweeping statement alert!!! Saying 'No offense' before you say something offensive doesnt negate the offense!

No offense but people who dont do matchy matchy look like they dont care about themselves or their horses and are generally really terrible owners & slobs.... see how that works! ;) (thats tongue in cheek incase its not implied, of course we are being the best owners we can!)

What does it matter if someone wants to wear matching clothing - you dont say that about someone who has spent time and effort doing their hair or make up or putting a nice outfit together. Each to their own, even if they want to be cold- their own business!!

Last edited:

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
Calm down everyone, we know those who spout nonsense about matchy not being important are just trying to troll us with their nasty clashy clashy!

Here have some more matchiness to sooth the ruffled feathers, we know it's the only reason we get good dressage scores!

94548905_1294700800715777_1469641751747624960_n.jpg

It is very boring of them to try and tell us it's a waste of time and money, we know the truth!

94632892_1294697457382778_4825801867688673280_n.jpg

LegOn

Visit site
I dipped a toe in the water last year and bought a beautiful dark green saddlepad and matching base layer for me from Kramer and I really like it. It makes me feel more “put together” and is nice to wear when I’m filming my online dressage tests.

I was mulling over buying the plum set too but now Kramer aren’t delivering to the Uk! ?

Any suggestions for saddlepad and base layer combos that aren’t too pricey? I’m not a fan of most of the le mieux colour and the PS of Sweden/schokemole etc are too expensive...

I do agree the PS of Sweden/Eskadron etc are very expensive for what they are... have you had a look at Woof Wear, they have a vibrant range & then released a Satin range aswell. I got a beautiful purple pad from a small company called Stampede Equestrian - very well priced! https://www.stampede-equestrian.co.uk/ And also http://www.fjordequestrian.com/ have some lovely stuff. Have a look on some of the German sites for HKM, they tend to be more affordable and great quality. And then Horze - they do great sets and ranges aswell!

Oh and this beautiful range from Poland called Horss - you can get it from Elite Equestrian https://www.eliteequestrian.org/ they have great customer service too!

shamrock2021

Visit site
Everyone needs to calm down its not that deep. People are getting to work up over something that’s not important. Let’s not get nasty you do you that all that matters.

eggs

Visit site
I very rarely put bandages on and never use ear bonnets but do have many, many saddle pads as I tend to put a clean one on for every ride. I certainly had never considered matching my clothes to my horse's saddle cloth but do think it looks quite smart when I see it in photos.

I think LM do very clever marketing though with the regular release of new colours which to me generally look awfully similar to previous colours.

CanteringCarrot

Visit site
I very rarely put bandages on and never use ear bonnets but do have many, many saddle pads as I tend to put a clean one on for every ride. I certainly had never considered matching my clothes to my horse's saddle cloth but do think it looks quite smart when I see it in photos.

I think LM do very clever marketing though with the regular release of new colours which to me generally look awfully similar to previous colours.

Nothing like having 4 different shades of orange, eh??

They all rotate through colors seasonally. If there is stock left, you can then buy the color on sale when it is discontinued. I've done this with Eskadron pads before. I can often find a sale/discount code with a shop that carries LeMieux or other brands. So I can't recall the last time I paid full price ? So one can be a bit more economical about it.

I don't care whether someone uses bandages or not, I am just not that dedicated. Therefore I am obviously not a real dressage rider ?

scats

Visit site

It doesn’t take any extra time to put clothes and saddlecloths on, just because they are the same colour...

tatty_v

Visit site
I do agree the PS of Sweden/Eskadron etc are very expensive for what they are... have you had a look at Woof Wear, they have a vibrant range & then released a Satin range aswell. I got a beautiful purple pad from a small company called Stampede Equestrian - very well priced! https://www.stampede-equestrian.co.uk/ And also http://www.fjordequestrian.com/ have some lovely stuff. Have a look on some of the German sites for HKM, they tend to be more affordable and great quality. And then Horze - they do great sets and ranges aswell!

Oh and this beautiful range from Poland called Horss - you can get it from Elite Equestrian https://www.eliteequestrian.org/ they have great customer service too!

That burgundy/plum horss saddlepad is gorgeous!

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
They're all just jealous darling!

All the peasants with their hideous none matchy horses, I bet they don't even consider if their saddlepads, jackets and boots tone :eek:.
122043910_1438585269660662_1713951406410655386_n.jpg

121974672_1437475333104989_8064600460594167019_n.jpg

How can you possibly be taken as a serious rider if you've not matched your hair to the latest seasons colour of LeMieux?
95639344_1299228836929640_5038149032237596672_n.jpg

The outrage of it all!

???

But your boots are a horrible clash!

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
Previously I'd just selected saddlepads I like, however OH got me some royal blue "shin pads" for Xmas and I rather like the matching, though I'm twitching to look up royal blue over reach boots...

I absolutely DO NOT do ear covers! Nor do I do bling

Ps I hadn't mucked out yet I do it after riding!

Pps- I meanwhile was wearing my Primark joggers, Asda polo shirt, and albeit horsey hoodie and coat! I refuse to buy horsey polo shirts they are ££££ that could have been spent on a saddlepad ? I do believe the joggers were navy though ?

Screenshot_20210106-201212_Gallery.jpg

SpotsandBays

Visit site
I like matchy! But at £30-40 a pad I only wear them if we’re out doing something! For home we just use any old pad/boots etc

vam

Visit site
My Instagram name is 'all the gear and still no idea'. Just to give a hint on my feelings of matchy.
Think last count was 30 odd saddlecloths and ears, guess it means she must go like an old crock from all the money I don't spend on saddle fitting, physio etc, oh wait...
She is also barefoot, I ride saddle less at times, I do inhand work and I like showjumping. Someone call the rspca....VideoCapture_20200802-202354.jpgVideoCapture_20200916-210546.jpg20201231_195552.jpgVideoCapture_20200916-212108.jpg