Lemieux mesh air numnahs

Newlands

Visit site
Navy or white...I can't decide!?! Last weeks dilema was Fuchsia, Turquoise or Blueberry! My bank account made the decision instead :(

wench

Visit site
What are they like underneath?

I have an ecogold pad, but I don't really like it that much/use it that much. My horses live out and get quite dirty/greasy/dusty and I find that the ecogold one gets really filthy really quickly and needs washing after nearly every use, which is not practical for me

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
I think they are the smooth bamboo underneath. My ecogold has a cotton under the saddle panels and the sticky stuff under the flaps. The sticky stuff definitely seems to get greasier. These are also half the price ;). I think I am going to get one to try as I do have a new as yet unused ecogold one so if I prefer the lemieux Ill flog that one ;)

DirectorFury

Visit site
Yep, smooth bamboo underneath. It's soooo soft, like high thread-count Egyptian cotton sheets ;). My horse is quite filthy and any hair or grease that's transferred to the pad so far has just brushed straight off.

ihatework

Visit site
Will be interested to hear reports of anyone who uses with 18" saddle and also how they fare after being washed a few times. I went off my Le Mieux dressage cloths as they seemed to shrink and the back of an 18" saddle sat on the seam

ester

Visit site
Sorry, only room for a 17" here though am happy to measure it and see if it shrinks at all :) if I decide to keep and use it.

pootler

Visit site
Glad I'm not the only one ihatework, I religiously wash them at 30 degrees but find that after the first wash they come up smaller. I have noticed that my boy has a small raised area on his back where the pad rubs which really upsets me. Not much I can do as the Nuumed XL are even smaller.......

ihatework

Visit site
Glad I'm not the only one ihatework, I religiously wash them at 30 degrees but find that after the first wash they come up smaller. I have noticed that my boy has a small raised area on his back where the pad rubs which really upsets me. Not much I can do as the Nuumed XL are even smaller.......

How weird. I've moved onto Nuumed XL and mine is significantly bigger. I have a good inch spare behind the saddle. These are the thin wool ones with the antislip top surface.

ester

Visit site
I do often wonder how people with horse sized saddles get on as all of mine are fulls and fit well, I wouldn't want them any smaller.

teapot

Visit site
I do often wonder how people with horse sized saddles get on as all of mine are fulls and fit well, I wouldn't want them any smaller.

Bog hoss's current le mieux is a full but is probably on the small side for him.

wench

Visit site
I'd def be interested in knowing how greasy they get underneath. Would be ideal for one of my horses, and better than my ecogold one getting clogged up with grease and dirt!

ester

Visit site
It's at halfords waiting for me to pick it up later.
Frank is 23 and welsh so pretty greasy so I will take pics if it fits well enough. He runs quite hot and sweats a fair bit hence going for air cooled versions.

DirectorFury

Visit site
Compared to the suede Le Mieux saddlecloths these get much less greasy/dirty on the underside. Mine's a bit hairy right now as horse is moulting but it brushes off quite easily with a dandy brush :). I'll be washing it for the first time tomorrow, wish me luck and keep your fingers crossed that it doesn't shrink!

I've also found the suede LeM stuff to shrink quite a lot, and it's worse if they've got a coloured binding. The air mesh would probably fit an 18" but wouldn't leave much leeway for slipping or moving back or fore. I've only got 17" saddles now or I'd stick one on and take a picture :(.

pootler

Visit site
Thank you Ihatework, dragged out my filed for nearly 3 years xl Nuumeds and realised they are longer. The Lemieux and Premier Equines are shorter (I measured). So they are put away for now....

ester

Visit site
I have a PE version of the eco gold and it is tiny! Starting to think I shouldn't laugh at those who love their matchy as I seen to have a good collection of numnahs anyway!

ester

Visit site
Right so Frank played model tonight. My thoughts are it is lovely, very soft and smooth on the inside (will see if that affects saddle slippage ;) but ideal for us at this time of year as he does rub at the back of his saddle. Just the right amount of padding IMO under the saddle, bulkier under the leg than the ecogold. The only thing they haven't done which is odd for Lemieux IME is that the girth strap isn't a velcro one and I do find the velcro useful and miss it on the ecogold, is this perhaps a close contact thing? as my plain dressage numnah and my sheepskin GP one have velcro. There is room for me to move it forwards if I want to though I don't think it looks too silly as it is. Will take it for a hack tomorrow. I think I will contact them once I have ridden with it a bit and see if there are any plans to do a) GP, b) brown.
12998759_10156971393425438_3876102335431473219_n.jpg

13007130_10156971393465438_7184240689388376638_n.jpg

ester

Visit site
yup I think it would be ok on a 17.5 but not big enough for an 18 IMO. That first line/seam below the saddle panels is where the thicker padding ends, so also that doesn't extend right to the back quite either.

HappyHollyDays

Slave to 2 cats and 2 ponies
Visit site
I think I will contact them once I have ridden with it a bit and see if there are any plans to do a) GP, b) brown.

Good luck with that, I have been begging them to do a better range of GP numnahs for ages. My pony gets far to hot in square pads so using them are out of the question and the 3D mesh would be a fantastic addition but I don't think you will get very far.

ester

Visit site
No I can well imagine, though if there aren't it would just mean I might by another the same rather than buying another the same and then them bringing out a brown GP one and me thinking gah should have waited!

DirectorFury

Visit site
Could you buy a white one and dye it brown? I don't know much (anything...) about dyeing things so it might not be possible but could be worth a try?

Deltaflyer

Visit site
Navy or white...I can't decide!?! Last weeks dilema was Fuchsia, Turquoise or Blueberry! My bank account made the decision instead :(

I crumbled and got the turquoise AND the blueberry. Now you lot have got me looking at these mesh jobbies. I really ought to block my lappy from allowing me to access the Horse Health site LOL