Lemieux mesh air numnahs

Newlands

Visit site
I love mine!! I have mine on a 17.5 saddle and really like the fit. I think I will be treating myself to a dressage one at Hickstead this week, instead of a fuchsia one hmm

dressage_diva

Visit site
I'm afraid I don't like mine! It's much thicker than the other LeMieux pads, you can't unvelcro the girth strap and I found the d straps shorter than the other pads (or maybe the pad was just so padded it made them harder to do up). Didn't find it made horse any less sweaty so think I'll stick to the normal LeMieux pads which I love!

Primitive Pony

Visit site
Apologies for resurrecting this! - just wondering if anyone can give me an idea of how thick these are compared to the work pads, ie the thick-pillowy-polypad types? I need a thick one and normally use the work pads but am finding them impossible to keep clean, and wondering how soft this is? - tried an Ecogold at one stage and it felt rather stiff/unwielding.

Thanks!!

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
I can report back that I did have an issue with the extra foam layer under the saddle on one side, it seemed to have stretched and got too much for the hole it was occupying. horsehealth replaced it without quibble though even though I had cut small holes in it trying to rectify the issue before giving up!

I've not used the work pads PP, I would think this fairly comparably on thickness under the saddle panels though, probably less down the sides. It has the quilted stuffed layer than then this second bit of foam on top just under the saddle panels.
Which ecogold have you tried? I have a coolfit and with the memory foam find that quite thick but probably sort of comparable, I also have an XC secure but not had it on the horse as I got this instead but this is much more pliable than that.

Primitive Pony

Visit site
Thanks for the feedback! - and it's under the saddle where I tend to need the extra thickness so this sounds promising.

Can't remember which Ecogold it was, I had it very briefly until my saddler told me to get rid of it!! -and it didn't seem very pliable at all.

I guess I can always order one and send it back if it's not right......! :)

ester

Visit site
I think it is probably worth a try. happy to get a tape measure on it if that might help. I suspect it is possibly less thick but less squishy if that makes sense. The bottom padded layer is quite dense then the foam bit quite squishy. TBH given the issues I had with the foam if they didn't take it back I was just going to remove it it would have been fine.

MCTM

Visit site
I love the look and feel of the mesh air pad but unfortunately I found it slipped quite badly - especially compared to my Ecogold one which doesn't move.....

ester

Visit site
I did wonder if that might be an issue for us but it's been ok and better for long rides than the grippiness of the ecogold secure as would rather it slipped over him. I don't disappear doing gates anyway ;). It is certainly a consideration depending on activity I think though, the non rub bamboo soft stuff does make for slippiness.