Let it begin

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
I’m Selling My Puppy Hart Broke She Has To Be Sold Can’t Keep Her Cause I’m Back In Work & I’m Hoping To Find Her A Worm Caring Home To Go To That’s She’s Gonna Be Looked After & Happy She’s Very Used To Being Around Children She’s Very Playful, Fully Vaccinated, Wormed & Fleed She’s Kc Rejiststered Got Paper Work To Show Shes Microchipped Any More Info Email Or Call !!!!

https://www.gumtree.com/p/dogs/merle-french-bulldog-looking-for-a-caring-home/1374640250

Asking £3050.

I'm guessing that at 3 months old and with the stated reason of sale that this was a 'lockdown' puppy. :(

Apercrumbie

Visit site
Fantastic plan to breed if your girl is good for that; the world needs more good ITs!! I very much hope that in time (not for a couple of years at least) I could have another IT as I have never had such a brilliant dog BUT I have taken heed of the many cautions about them and have worked hard to ensure that my chap fits in nicely with our ways of life.

He is now about 17/18kg, super confident and bold and if allowed to be wild, he would really be a serious handful and probably deeply anti-social. I dread to think of what might happen with these breeds if people take them on because they think they are 'super-cute' or a novelty of some other kind. Thankfully Irish terriers are not fashionable or popular and their reputation for not being especially easy is probably a good thing in some ways. I guess the only way forward is for breeders is to exercise extreme caution and extreme vetting of new homes. I was certainly given an MI6 style investigation which I really welcomed - not really knowing quite what I was taking on. I needed to really have the support of the breeder who would have told me if our lifestyle/set up was not suitable though I would have been gutted if it hadn't worked out.

As you say, how bad do people have to be to mess up straightforward breeds ?? I do wonder just how responsible some of the sellers of these dogs are tbh. I would expect, with a good dog/litter for there to be homes ready and possibly a waiting list. Friends of mine that breed (whippets) only breed when they have a list of ready homes though I know that sometimes things happen so that a home might not work out. I find it really heartbreaking to think of puppies being rehomed. :( How the hell does anyone actually have the heart to take a dog away from it's mother and then a few weeks later decide to turn it's life upside down again fgs????!! But what do I know? I don't breed dogs and don't really have much knowledge of that part of life other than as a happy dog owner.

Well I really hope you get the chance to have another - they're such great fun! Ours is just over 2, and unfortunately her recall has taken a serious dive again, but the last week or two we've seen some improvement. She will never be 100%, but we'd like to keep her as close as we can. Still remember taking her to puppy training and the trainer looking at her saying "ah. That's an Irish Terrier isn't it? We'll do our best!" Her temperament is wonderful, so we'll forgive the occasional bit of wilfulness...

TheresaW

www.justgiving.com
Bo was re-homed to us. He didn’t cost us a penny. Our circumstances have changed massively since we got the dogs, but I honestly could not re-home them unless it was a last resort. I would spend forever wondering about them, lay awake at night worrying they were being treated well etc. It’s bad enough when I lose one, but at least I know they are safe if there is an “up there”.

Moobli

Visit site
I couldn't part with mine for love nor money.

Due to needing working dogs to do his work with, sometimes my OH does need to rehome a dog that isn't up to the work for one reason or another. I really don't enjoy it and try to help him find the best, most suitable home possible.

palo1

Visit site
Well I really hope you get the chance to have another - they're such great fun! Ours is just over 2, and unfortunately her recall has taken a serious dive again, but the last week or two we've seen some improvement. She will never be 100%, but we'd like to keep her as close as we can. Still remember taking her to puppy training and the trainer looking at her saying "ah. That's an Irish Terrier isn't it? We'll do our best!" Her temperament is wonderful, so we'll forgive the occasional bit of wilfulness...

Hahahaha!! I did ask about a couple of puppy classes but the ones that sounded decent were miles away (like an hour in the car each way) and strangely enough I had a similar response from the trainers when asking what sort of puppy I had....Red's recall is ok actually but he is only a year old so plenty of time to nose-dive yet. They are fabulous dogs but I guess the setting needs to suit. I have loads of room here and we are all pretty energetic, no particularly close neighbours, rarely need to walk the dog where we meet other dogs, we don't mind the odd thing shredded and I work part time. I feel lucky to have such a fab dog to be honest. :)

Clodagh

Visit site
I think the sad thing was I didn’t even look at the advert first.... as soon as I read your post the words ‘ooooo Vienna’ came into my mind ???

And when you read it, even the first time, did you say it like the song? I thought CC was a baby, what was she doing in the 80s - teething?

Cortez

Tough but Fair
Visit site
I couldn't part with mine for love nor money.

Due to needing working dogs to do his work with, sometimes my OH does need to rehome a dog that isn't up to the work for one reason or another. I really don't enjoy it and try to help him find the best, most suitable home possible.
Same. I've had dogs for 60 years and have never rehomed one (I have rehomed a few husbands, but that's easier...).

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
And when you read it, even the first time, did you say it like the song? I thought CC was a baby, what was she doing in the 80s - teething?

Just from recently posted threads, I think she is near our age, C.

Shaddap You Face! ?
(Which kept it off #1, pop pickers!)

Which was playing a lot in 1982 when I was on a school trip to France.

Visit site
A couple in the flats at the back of my place have acquired a husky/malamute puppy ! What do you think is the future for that poor thing

FinnishLapphund

There's no cow on the ice
Visit site
So many puppies are being advertised because the kids won’t leave them alone. Have the adults considered actually parenting. Radical thought I know :rolleyes:.
Training your kids as well as your dog seems difficult.

Have they not heard of puppy pens? And instead of making a pen out of the net, you can also use it to simply split a room in two, child on one side, puppy on the other. It usually isn't that difficult, if you're only willing to spend some time on training your child to not view a puppy as a new toy.

When my sister had children about 25 years ago, they spent several days per week at our house, and we never had any real problems. Only things like when Humla cleaned out the potty once **yuck, bleurgh, yuck** (for some reason W decided to go on it without telling anyone about it first, and only said something when he was finished and wanted his bum wiped, and we found an empty potty because Humla apparently had decided to keep him company while he was on it **yuck, bleurgh, yuck**), or like when a toddler stumbled backwards, and accidentally sat down in the water bowl = soaking wet child, water everywhere, but not much left in the bowl.

DirectorFury

Visit site
Have they not heard of puppy pens? And instead of making a pen out of the net, you can also use it to simply split a room in two, child on one side, puppy on the other. It usually isn't that difficult, if you're only willing to spend some time on training your child to not view a puppy as a new toy.

I was thinking about putting the child in the pen while reading that :D. Good thing I'm not a parent ?. Splitting the room is a good idea, kids would lose interest quickly if they could see but not touch/torment the poor puppy.

FinnishLapphund

There's no cow on the ice
Visit site
Hope this doesn't end up in the wrong hands...

https://www.gumtree.com/p/dogs/american-akita-/1374765862
Doesn't look very Akita like does she, thought it was a GSD when i looked quickly. Hope she finds a good home.

Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but I think it sounds like they bought 2 litter siblings American Akita crosses 4 years ago, and now the sisters for some reason doesn't tolerate each other any more.
Either way, I have no idea how they manage to decide which one to keep, and which one to rehome, after owning them for several years.