Let it begin

Tinkerbee

Visit site
These are so depressing. Why are all these 18 month old dictating what happens the dog? What's to "take to" when you're that age, the walking too much or the clearing up the poo? They should really help the poor kid with all the responsibilities ?

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
yup I'd definitely add an image with that caption
2-french-bulldog-puppies-for-sale-5ef5d2c6121b0.jpg

Clodagh

Visit site
How the bloody hell can you re-home a dog you’ve had for 7 years who was ‘your baby’ before having actual kids? ? I just cannot imagine giving away my boys, they really are my babies.

I'd rehome my kids first. Is there actually a market for a poorly house trained currently very grumpy 19 year old?

MurphysMinder

Visit site
How the bloody hell can you re-home a dog you’ve had for 7 years who was ‘your baby’ before having actual kids? ? I just cannot imagine giving away my boys, they really are my babies.

My then mother in law assumed I would be rehoming my 5 gsds when I was expecting my first child. Like that was going to happen :)

BBP

Visit site
My little collie can feel like hard work at times, but you would have to pry him out of my cold dead arms before I would rehome him. You take on the animal, you put in the work (obviously I understand that some circumstances are very difficult). He and BBP are making me a better person.

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
Some might remember that we were thinking about rehoming another Rottweiler, further enquiries have told us that the particular breed rescue will only rehome to either single dog homes or where there is a dog of the opposite gender. We have 3 bitches and don't want a dog. We have had up to 7 bitches of different ages and breeds all at the same time with no problems whatsoever.

The rescue apparently have 3 female litter sisters who are used to living together but will only rehome them separately to homes with a male resident. Why on earth do these places make blanket rules without taking into account the actual circumstances of the dogs that need homes and the available, experienced homes?

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
Either because they're bonkers, inexperienced, or currently don't have the bandwidth to investigate and consider fully.

I should have made it clear that we weren't considering taking the 3 litter sisters but were actually considering a bitch who is about the same age as our Labs. Another Rott would be our 4th in a lifetime and live with the 2 Labs and 7 yr old Rotter.

But yes, I think they are bonkers. Someonesister knows who has just had to have a rescue Rottweiler dog pts wanted another one to live with their existing GSD dog. They have already introduced the 2 successfully but this breed rescue don't want to know them. Quite mad!

cbmcts

Visit site
Some might remember that we were thinking about rehoming another Rottweiler, further enquiries have told us that the particular breed rescue will only rehome to either single dog homes or where there is a dog of the opposite gender. We have 3 bitches and don't want a dog. We have had up to 7 bitches of different ages and breeds all at the same time with no problems whatsoever.

The rescue apparently have 3 female litter sisters who are used to living together but will only rehome them separately to homes with a male resident. Why on earth do these places make blanket rules without taking into account the actual circumstances of the dogs that need homes and the available, experienced homes?

Which rescue PaS? PM if you prefer. The breed rescue that my rotts have all come from only say no entire males when rehoming another uncastrated dog. They do rehome nationwide and I'd be happy to recommend them

Visit site
I think someone near me will be rehoming their recently acquired pooch soon. It barks constantly pretty much all day, and as it lives in a block of flats some of the other tenants are getting peed off