lets have a rant about mud...........

kirstyhen

mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk
[ QUOTE ]

Don't really think that friends in Lakes want to hear that, when floods have devastated their homes + livelihoods + animals. Maybe you'd like to contribute to the flood fund? Just Google, will you? (As something similar was said in Adelphi, Liverpool). Try Cumbria for starters, please.

[/ QUOTE ]

As I live in Gloucestershire and not so long ago it was us suffering at the hands of floods, please do not assume that I am not aware of the suffering being experienced in Cumbria and the surrounding areas.
I am pleased that for once in the years of having horses I am not waist deep in mud, clearly I didn't think that someone would be so deeply offended by it. My apologies.

Polygon

Visit site
No mud seems something to be pleased about - there's no need for anyone to bite your head off.

Must we all be miserable because someone, somewhere is worse off? Doesn't mean we aren't sympathetic or empathetic towards them.

TGM

Visit site
Blimey, I don't think The Henmeister deserved that response! There is always someone worse off somewhere and on that basis we would never be able to share any of our joys on the forum for risk of offending someone less advantaged!

NeedNewHorse

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

Don't really think that friends in Lakes want to hear that, when floods have devastated their homes + livelihoods + animals. Maybe you'd like to contribute to the flood fund? Just Google, will you? (As something similar was said in Adelphi, Liverpool). Try Cumbria for starters, please.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why on earth would you have a go at someone for simply stating they had no mud!?!

x

Lill

Visit site
This is what the field one side gets like
P1202317.jpg

and the other side

SSL24873.jpg

pewterk

New User
Visit site
Isn't it awful? Not only are my horses living in a quagmire but when I get to them morning and evening it's dark! And you know what it's like, I want to make as few trips as possible so try to carry almost a whole bale of hay out through nearly knee high clay mud, then my arms start to ache and I can see the middle slices starting to slip down! Then I have to contend with hungry horses trying to nick a bit of hay as I'm trying to keep my balance and my headlamp has slipped onto my nose. Not to mention trying to find somewhere to put their buckets, and wrestling with rugs. By the time I get home I'm exhausted! At least I'm sleeping well. Last weekend I'm afraid I was swearing loudly at a particularly pesky pony, and turned to see an embarrassed neighbour with their two toddlers who had come to look at the geegees! Roll on summer!

genandtom

New User
Visit site
No need to rant at the lucky lady who has no mud she was only tellin us. The other quotes are funny, I can relate to them all especially the lady who carries a bale of hay to save time, I wish i could carry one under each arm, but i think i might sink

kirstyhen

mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk
Phew, I was starting to think in my sleep-deprived state I had managed to offend everyone with muddy fields!

My deep sympathies to all those who are struggling through the mud, as I said this is the first year I haven't!
My horse does a particularly good line in waiting until the mud is providing just the right amount of resistance to stop you moving your feet quickly, then knocking you with his head, so you end up on your @rse in 2ft of sludge
mad.gif

poppypiebald

Visit site
Henmeister - you are not alone. It must be something to do with the colour; my little darling makes sure my feet are stuck fast before pushing my chest with her head so I swing round like a weeble in the mud.

My spaniels just sit and laugh...

Brandysnap

Visit site
Hi, all friends,
I meant no offence to anyone, just wanted to remind other forum friends about devastating floods in Cumbria, + of flood fund (just Google Cumbria flood)

(+ ok, there are always floods everywhere, but it's a bit extreme when 7 old bridges are washed away, + a policeman loses his life. (Like, it's not just a bit of mud)

(But major catasrophe happened in Lynton, North Devon, early last century.)

Hi The Heinmeister! I'm now worried about our friends in SE with all that snow. Worried about livestock also. Maybe Global Warming Summit can help?!! (Personally doubt it, when all that is happening is a gentle, natural change in climate, as has happened throughout our world's life, + getting severe snow in SE has to challenge pre-conceptions?)

It was great to hear on Jeremy Vine today that folk in Kent volunteered their 4 WDs to take a lady to her wedding. That was lovely BS x