Little Foal - Big Injury

Fairynuff

Visit site
looking at it made my toes curl. Yeuch! Hes a baby so his growth cells should be bouncing off the roof
cool.gif
. Im sure given his age and the fact that he's got a good nurse, he'll be fighting fit in no time! Mairi.x

dozzie

Visit site
That looks rather nasty. Hope he makes a good recovery. I think your daughter is staying calm because you are. You just have to get on with it dont you when they do things like this?

Good luck.

Tia

Visit site
QR -

Thanks everyone
smile.gif
. I'm not too worried about it at this stage, it's still nice and pink and the large blood vessel on the left is still pumping nicely. There was virtually no blood at all, purely a little bit of serum came out. He was incredibly lucky not to sever any tendons/ligaments or blood vessels though.

So for now, I'm fairly positive but if it starts to become infected, then will be the time to start being concerned.

I do appreciate your thoughts and have passed on your good wishes to little M.
smile.gif

Hornby

Visit site
Blimey....eye popping injury there....before HHO I would have simply run screaming into the night if I ever found something like that. I will be hoping that he pulls through and shows that such problems can be dealt with...good luck with him.

Patches

Visit site
Oh Lordy, that's a nasty wound. Poor little mite and poor M, it would have to be her foal that got into mischief. Typical!

I'm sending all the healing vibes I can muster across the pond and over the border into Canada for him.

Tia

Visit site
QR -

LOL!! Maybe I should have put a warning up. You comments are all much appreciated, thank you.
smile.gif

Epona; it did cross my mind momentarily as to whether I should pop him in a stable, but of course you know I don't "do" box rest therefore he is in a 12 x 36 field shelter (with one of his little friends for company) for the next couple of days. We are still taking him out for little walks and for a bite of grass and he was a little awkward this morning with his bandage on but is perfectly happy again this evening - whether the swelling has gone down a little or the small amount of bute I am giving him is actually taking effect or he is just more used to wearing his bandage, I don't know.

When I am happy with his progress, I will let him out into a small paddock with a couple of friends. I am waiting for the swelling to go down and for the wound to seal over properly before allowing him to go out in one of our new fields - nice grass everywhere should do him the world of good.

Hornby, your comment actually made me laugh out loud! Thanks for that
laugh.gif