Livery problems

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
Also, I’m confused the OP was Belalilly but now Buzzyizzy is talking as if she is the OP? Did something change halfway through that I have missed?

I hate it when people have 2 profiles, especially when they pretend they don't. I can understand why OP did, as she presumably did not want YO to find out who she was (although if all the details are true then the YO would know, as she even quoted a message!) but even then I prefer it when people say "I have opened a new profile as I don't want people to know who I am for X reason." so at least it is all above board.

Clodagh

Visit site
Haha yep. Some people have 3/4/5 and have been known to have conversations with themselves.
I'm the same as you though and barely remember what day it is lol

I have conversations with myself in RL - is that wrong?

Mule

Visit site
Haven't read the other responses but I'd leave as soon as the other livery becomes available and just say the new yard/ its' facilities suits your needs better.

Last edited:

Mosh

Visit site
This, I also didn't notice a thing :)

And very much this. Absolutely not the wrong thing to do ;)

Not wrong at all! I do it too. It's when you do have 5 accounts to cause trouble/ be hurtful to others is when the problem starts.

Don't worry OP. Understand why you wanted to keep quiet with the problems you're having with the YO

Bellalily

Visit site
My concern now is that she will try to withhold some of my stuff once she’s rumbled I’m going. I intend to do another early call tomorrow as well as a late one tonight in the hope I can remove more stuff.

Abi90

Visit site
My concern now is that she will try to withhold some of my stuff once she’s rumbled I’m going. I intend to do another early call tomorrow as well as a late one tonight in the hope I can remove more stuff.

Well if she holds onto your stuff because you’re leaving then that is theft surely?!

Surbie

Visit site

That's theft.

You haven't signed a contract, and in any case she's broken the original terms, as far as you've stated you are up to date on payments so you owe nothing.

(PS I totally didn't notice either! :) )

Bellalily

Visit site
That's theft.

You haven't signed a contract, and in any case she's broken the original terms, as far as you've stated you are up to date on payments so you owe nothing.

(PS I totally didn't notice either! :) )
I will need to pay her for my time there plus the hay. I’d like to give her the cheque as I am leaving, as any time before that I think she’s gonna go mental when she doesn’t get her full month, hence the withhold my stuff concern. Surely if no contract has been signed, then I only pay her for the time? Especially as I’ve been clearing my field of her horses’ droppings each day. I’m blowed if I’m paying her a penny more than I have to. Also, as she’s cancelled turnout, with all the extra expense that goes with it, I must be ok.

abb123

Visit site
I would pay cash and just give her a month rent and hay money.

Don't burn bridges if you don't have to. It hasn't worked out and you are moving on. No big deal. But if you start messing around and giving no notice then you will be making unnecessary stress and hassle.

galaxy

Visit site
at what frequency were had to agreed to pay rent? Weekly? Monthly? Legally you have to give a period notice of the time amount you pay. So if you pay weekly you need to give her another months rent, if weekly, just a week. However she has broken the agreement by withholding services and field clearance etc. Its whether you just want an easy life really (I know I would just for ease)

Bellalily

Visit site
at what frequency were had to agreed to pay rent? Weekly? Monthly? Legally you have to give a period notice of the time amount you pay. So if you pay weekly you need to give her another months rent, if weekly, just a week. However she has broken the agreement by withholding services and field clearance etc. Its whether you just want an easy life really (I know I would just for ease)
I can’t afford to pay twice.

blitznbobs

Visit site
But the yo has breached the terms of a verbal contract so technically she (the owner) could claim expenses for the services not delivered and the cost of her putting them right ... the yo can shout and scream but the likelihood of this going to court is next to nothing and the likelihood that if it did the judge just metaphorically banging the two parties heads together and throwing it out is massive. Go and don't worry about it.

Bellalily

Visit site
At the end of the day, I’ve had grazing withdrawn, had to do two journeys to care for them as they are now in, lost out on wages in hours and also been reduced in hourly rate because I haven’t been able to fulfill my rota, added expense of hay. I could go on. It’s a service industry and as such she, like me, will be paid accordingly.

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
FGS, OP, just get your stuff and the horse and get out of there. The YO broke the contract, so just pay her for the time you have been there and the hay, as you leave, or when you have got everything out, whichever is the latter. You are never likely to want to go back, so 'burning bridges' isn't a consideration and I imagine that most people in the area already know what she is like, so won't take any notice at all if she goes round bad-mouthing you.

I must admit that I don't know what all the fuss is about, you must have told the last place your horses were at that you were leaving.

Bellalily

Visit site
FGS, OP, just get your stuff and the horse and get out of there. The YO broke the contract, so just pay her for the time you have been there and the hay, as you leave, or when you have got everything out, whichever is the latter. You are never likely to want to go back, so 'burning bridges' isn't a consideration and I imagine that most people in the area already know what she is like, so won't take any notice at all if she goes round bad-mouthing you.

I must admit that I don't know what all the fuss is about, you must have told the last place your horses were at that you were leaving.

Yup, I sure did. Everything went very smoothly. I don't have my own transport and so I have a lady coming to collect them later in the day. I have an awful lot of stuff, although less there now thankfully, but it's not going to be a five minute job to move out. There's going to be plenty of time for her to kick off.

Bellalily

Visit site
Normally if I have to do a move, which isn't often thankfully, I do everything by the book. I haven't experienced anyone ever going back on their word quite so dramatically. I've had a couple of places in the winter time which have closed the fields for everyone after we've arrived, but they have always offered to help out one end of the day in some way or other. This being totally left to my own devices after I asked if they would help out and they confirmed is totally new to me and a massive headache. I know it probably comes across that I worry about everything and nothing, but that's just the way I am. Once a worrier, always a worrier.

alainax

Visit site
Good luck for tomorrow, please give us an update.

I’d pay till the end of the month, and explain thats more than reasonable considering the services agreed were not supplied. Make sure you block all numbers, Facebook etc. Don’t just wait to see what happens, block and move on.

Leo Walker

Visit site
Perhaps the YO was amazed at the amount of 'stuff' that she was expected to store in addition to providing livery?

How do you know what stuff it was? Mine has 2 feed bins, mucking out tools, a box of rugs, tack. Nothing excessive in the everyday scheme of things but way more than would fit in my tiny little old lady car! But hes also a driving pony. We have harness and a 4 wheel carriage. All totally fine and ok with my YO, but def not something I could move without a bit of prep!

Bellalily

Visit site
Good luck for tomorrow, please give us an update.

I’d pay till the end of the month, and explain thats more than reasonable considering the services agreed were not supplied. Make sure you block all numbers, Facebook etc. Don’t just wait to see what happens, block and move on.
I will on all counts.