Livery yards (DIY/Assisted/grass w/facilities) in Leeds?

Kitei

Visit site
Boyfriend and I moving to Leeds in the 2-3 months, precise area is still undecided. I'm looking for livery yard suggestions as I'll be wanting to move my two boys with me. They'll be staying in Cheshire for a little while, but probably be looking at having them moved up in 4-5 months, so immediate vacancies aren't essential.

In all likelihood I'll be looking for assisted DIY OR grass livery with facilities (pref. an arena, off-road hacking). I don't compete, just plod around for fun, so I don't need anything fancy. Horses are an approx 14hh cob and a 16.1 tb gelding. Both easy-going and used to mixing.

We'll hopefully know within the month where we'll be living, but all suggestions are very welcome so that I can start my search. :)

Thanks all~

FinkleyAlex

Visit site
Swithens farm - great facilities and they do assisted DIY with things like turn out/bring in and holding for vet or farrier. Only problem I've had with them is that I often can't get livery cover when I need to dash to another city for work or family reasons, but in fairness to them they're a big yard with lots of their own liveries.

Dazed'n'confused

Visit site
one that would really suit you, on the A61 a mile past The Leeds Grammar School sorry i dont know its name, but someone local to it will advise you .

Wikefield Farm! Great hacking round the Harewood Estate!

Have a look around the Horsforth area too, there are loads of small livery yards round there although hacking isn't as good as Harewood. Off the top of my head - Owlet Farm or Springfield Equestrian.
If you're on Facebook you could also try asking on the Horsforth Riding Club page or the Harewood Combined Training page.
Hope that helps!

JJS

Visit site
You could also try Harewood Livery at New Laithe Farm. I moved to New Laithe at the beginning of April and it's the best livery yard I've been at. We have a nice little indoor school, a big outdoor, and fantastic off-road hacking around the Harewood estate. It's also the friendliest place I've come across. It offers livery for £40 a week, with the option to have someone turnout etc. for a little extra. Horses can live out 24/7 in summer, and all hay and straw is provided in the winter. I can't recommend it enough!

Another option might be Wood Farm in Shadwell.

hhorse0113

Visit site
Hi I know this is an old thread but I was wondering if you’re still at new laithes? And if so could you tell me if there are any services or is it solely diy? Thanks!