Livery yards near Eastleigh/Southampton, Hampshire

popletaa

Visit site
I'm hoping to relocate within the next year or so and starting to panic about livery yards! I know I have plenty of time yet, but perhaps need to start looking into yards and getting on waiting lists...

Can anyone recommend any good yards in Eastleigh/Southampton area, ideally around Fair Oak and Colden Common (I grew up near here and think there's quite a lot of yards that way?). For a 13.2 elderly-ish mare.
  • Open to anything at the moment - i.e. DIY, part/assisted (probably not full) - as it's dependant on where I end up living
  • Would love to get an idea of the rough prices to expect if anyone knows?
  • We're happy hackers so good hacking is essential (love woodland type hacking, pony goes a bit nuts in open fields)
  • a school/other facilities would be nice but not essential
  • Currently on grass livery at £100pm, not sure if there's much grass livery in the area?
  • If not full grass livery, then good turnout is a must - ideally 24/7 in summer
  • Having said that, pony is fat and needs restricted grazing.. 🫠
  • Prefer quiet/small yards!
I'll be keeping an eye on NFED etc. but if anyone knows of any yards to keep an eye on based on the above that would be much appreciated! Thank you 🤗

scrat

Visit site
Can't help with a specific yard. There are massive housing developments around Horton Heath, Borley Green and Burnetts Lane. I'm not sure how you remember it but this may have had an impact on yards locally. Good luck

pistolpete

Visit site
Yep lots of yards gone in this area recently. More doing full only so gets more difficult every year! Ask around the Swanmore area also West End has a few. Hacking not great though. Couple of yards near Marwell zoo I think. No idea on price as I’m over the other side of Hampshire now. Won’t be cheap though.

popletaa

Visit site
Thanks all, that's really useful! I'll check out that FB group. Shame to hear there's fewer yards now, it's been almost 15 years since I left so I imagine it has changed a lot (and I didn't have a pony back then, so only really knew of the riding schools anyway). That's good to know about the housing developments, I'll avoid that area.