Livery yards near Stonor, Oxfordshire

JayBee1

Visit site
Hi guys. I am due to be moving to Stonor in the summer (fingers crossed) and we have two big horses that we will need to move with us. I have had a look on the internet and there does not appear to be many livery yards advertised on there that are close to Stonor. Ideally I'd like a yard within 5 miles that can offer assisted DIY, has good grazing and turnout, good hacking and a floodlit, good-surfaced sand school. If anyone knows of any yards or even the details of any private yards that would not be on the internet, I'd be really grateful :) We're moving from Kent so I have no knowledge at all of the local area :-/ Thanks.

ihatework

Visit site
Stonor as in Henley on Thames?

From there Ewelme Park Stables (located Park corner rather than Ewelme) would be accessible - a nice friendly yard, great hacking, flexible packages DIY/Part/Assisted. School is good but not floodlit, that's the only thing not meeting your requirements.

Another option is Brackenhill Stud in Fawley, they have a nice indoor school, and do DIY or Part/Full. New owners have been in there about a year now, so not sure how that's panning out.

Or there is always Friar Park in central Henley, funny yard, but would tick most of your boxes.

A cheaper more agricultural type of set up would be Bockmer (near medmenham)

They are the main ones in your 5 mile radius that I can think of - from those Ewelme would be my first port of call.

If you are willing to travel a bit further then Frieze Farm in Sonning Common, is reasonably priced with a good friendly bunch of liveries and very flexible in terms of packages (but is a bit run down, so depends what you want).

If you have a decent budget then Cane End Stud is under new management and is very good, offers all you want, but pricey.