Liz Jones has a pop at Clare Balding

henryhorn

www.narramorehorses.blogspot.com
Every time I see her wedding pics I think how lovely Clare looked. That coat was simply beautiful.
Liz is a bitter jealous woman, every week she bleats on about how she has no friends, well until she learns that you don't talk publicly about your friends and relatives all the time she won't get many!
Personally I find her over sentimalising her animals just as bad as anyone whipping a tired horse, you can bet every one of them is insecure and dreads the sight of her approaching. Putting all your own problems into your pets isn't a kind thing to do.
It appears she has now moved to Yorkshire which is great for the South West, in the 20 odd years we have lived here we have received a warm welcome from most, and would never leave.
If ever you read LJ's, she has a go at anyone who seems to be doing well in the public eye, the sad thing is on her personal front she looks better than ever before in her life thanks to all the surgery, now if someone could just arrange a personality transplant she'd have a happy life.....
Oh and when she first moved here and moaned about how she knew no-one, needed help in emergencies etc, several people responded to her via mail offering their help day or night. She didn't even both sending an email never mind a letter thanking them. Says a lot that doesn't it?

Freddie19

Visit site
This article was mentioned in this mornings Andrew Marr Show, by Esther Ranzten and Julie Tett (not sure if that is right spelling) and they both put Ms Jones firmly back in her box, as said by OP, spiteful, jealous over the top story, by a spiteful jealous nonentity. Another reason not to buy the Daily Mail, or the Mail on Sunday.

Ce'Nedra

Visit site
I have refused to read anything by Liz Jones for over a year now, and I am not going to start again, even if you paid me. While I agree everyone is entitled to their own opinion you don't need me to list my opinions here - or indeed anywhere! I would try and put a positive slant on the woman's views but unfortunately I can't and if you can't say anything nice, then don't say anything at all.

smokey

Visit site
Nasty nasty woman! She really is a bit pathetic. 'those of us who bother to shop in Prada', pahahah! I love Clare Balding, she is a great example of what a presenter should be, informed, intelligent and humerous. Oh, and not up her own a**e!

Crugeran Celt

Visit site
It all seems to show a woman who has jealousy issues, big time. She really needs to take a good hard look at herself and realise that she has a few issues.

WandaMare

Visit site
Disgraceful :( What a horrible woman to launch such an attack on someone as talented as Clare, and a completely pathetic paper to print such rubbish. Awful.

teapot

Visit site
CB's laughing it off too which I think is a great response. Her tweets today have shown her attitude towards it all :D

bubbilygum

Visit site
Liz Jones is vile to her very core!

I feel sorry for her though: either she really is that petty and pathetic; or she just goes along with it to keep her petty and pathetic job.

Alec Swan

Visit site
Who's Liz Jones? A spurned woman, perhaps? ;)

That was a journalistic piece of the very worst order. She isn't the only failed journalist who ended up at the bottom of the ladder, again. Strange how the mail seems to attract them, isn't it? ;)

Alec.

sarahann1

Visit site
Liz Jones makes her living being spiteful about everyone and anyone who doesn't fit her 'ideals'.

Cheap shoes = you should be ashamed for being so cheap
Live in the country = your thick, backwards, ugly
Etc etc etc etc etc

What a jolly life she must lead with such a constantly judgemental, grumpy opinion of people.

Red30563

Visit site
CB's laughing it off too which I think is a great response. Her tweets today have shown her attitude towards it all :D

Indeed! I think CB is heading for the status of National Treasure. :) She was also recently honoured (and flattered, as she said on Twitter) by Horrible Histories programme naming a sports reporter 'Claire Receding'! Now that's recognition! :D

Daffodil

Visit site
I read the first couple of paragraphs without looking at the by-line and thought "Has Liz Jones written this poison?". Sure enough, she had.

Spook

Visit site
I've not read it yet...... but I think I'm a compulsive "Liz Jones" reader, it's a sort of horrible facination. AND I want to know what other bits and pieces she has had tweaked..... now I'm wondering if she sees a shrink, surely she must, she has so many issues. BUT surely she would have told us if she did. Wouldn't she?

I'm surprised anyone has ever dared to email her.

Has anyone sent her a link to this yet?? It might be interesting, who knows it might get a mention in The Mail on Sunday.

sarahann1

Visit site
Lol, wonder what she'd write about us all?

'spoiled little rich housewives wasting their time on the net instead of spending time with their poor neglected horses'

Any other suggestions?

EAST KENT

Visit site
Actually some of the stuff that Liz Jones writes is excellent,and I firmly believe her "Diary" is tongue in cheek.Must say I found her attack on Clare a bit strong though,hope she returns to better journalism in next sunday`s offering.

Elsiecat

Visit site
Can't stand teh woman!!! And these men she pretends to meet, c'mon Liz I'm no Sherlock but I smell BS. She's no Samantha Brick :eek::rolleyes:

Natch

Visit site
Samantha Brick! I was trying to think of the other one!

I reckon Liz would say we are pathetic lonely bored housewives with nothing better to do than bitch publicly about a poor innocent woman. She'd never realise the irony there :rolleyes: oh, and we are all cruel supporters of fox murder, racehorse slaughter and beating, and stuff. Obv.

Slinkyunicorn

www.rutlandhorseextras.co.uk
I think Clare will be more than capable of rising above such rubbish:D

As for her wearing cheap clothes - I suspect most of us would like to afford clothes as 'cheap' as Clares - I think she always looks entirely appropriate for the occaision as well as looking 'normal' and approachable:D

I have had the 'pleasure' of meeting both women - Liz Jones was obsessed with knowing where I had bought my Costa as all the rest was 'undrinkable' :rolleyes: I was working at the NEC at the Clothes Show:rolleyes: and I saw Clare at Burghley on a stand and said hello to her before saying 'I'm sorry I have realised I don't actually know you' :eek: She just laughed and said 'It happens all the time - are you having a good time?' :D she couldn't have been more normal:D

I know who I would rather spend time with:D

Mrs B

Visit site
I read (well, started to read) one of her pieces a few years ago but never wasted my time again: she must be able to touch type, because there's no way she could see her keyboard due to the massive chip on her shoulder. ;)

Luci07

Visit site
I used to enjoy her colums, they were quite funny and very open. Now I just feel sorry for her because she is always complaining about something or someone. She is also quite narrow minded. Well done for rescuing animals, but please understand your way is not the only way.

Anyway I am a big fan of CB. Trying to really decide what it was and then thought, simplistically, I enjoy CB's immense Joie de Vivre and intelligence. Liz Jones always leaves me feeling drained!

X

xspiralx

Liz Jones is just bizarre - a vile, spiteful woman.

It amazes me that anyone pays her for her nonsensical rants, but I guess if anyone would it's the Daily Fail!