Loan pony going back, who pays for transport?

MrsElle

Visit site
As per title.

I paid for the transport to get Chad to me from his owners place and now I no longer have the room for him and am sending him back who would be liable for the transport costs?

Me, because I am sending him back rather than the owner requesting him back, or is it the owners responsibility?

MrsElle

Visit site
Thanks, I did think that was the case but just needed to clarify
smile.gif

MrsElle

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
What did I miss?? Why is he going back??

[/ QUOTE ]

I asked owner if I could buy him, she said no (fair enough) because she would be wanting him back in a few months. I only took him on for her as she implied I would have him long term - she told me if I took him on (as a favour to her - didn't need two horses) he could replace Ellie as my riding horse when Ellie retires. As Ellie is very fit and healthy that could be a good few years yet.

I was a bit peed off as I have taken him on when I didn't really want another horse as a favour to her and I felt she wanted him back after getting me to have him under false pretences.

MrsElle

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
What a check to think the owner should pay, you have had the use ect of the pony and now its excess to your requirement.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't get him to ride, I already have a horse to ride, I took him as a favour to his owner. She implied he would be with me for many years, that he could take over as my main ride when 27 year old Ellie retires. She now says she wants him within months so I see no reason to keep him on.

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
Probably you hun. Understand your reasoning behind him going back and part of me says get the owner to pay for the transport, but given the circ.s, at least this way you'll be in control. Hugs.