Lola Makes her Affiliated Elementary Debut!

LiffWee93

Visit site
Can i just repeat how much i love this little mare? <3

last minute entry to our VERY local venue for a bash at ele for the first time affiliated, and 2nd ever go! shes felt ace recently so i wasnt too worried about getting through the test!

Hacked up nicely, amid a sea of huge lorries and tractors - with her not batting an eye as ever!

got to the venue, to run into a friend just pulling out having finished, so stopped to chat, cue lola having a strop and doing the tiniest little rears in protest - she clearly was up for just cracking on :)

into the warm up and she was brilliant, a little heavy to my right leg, a little on the steady side but with enough in the tank to go, so i was pleased with that :)

into the test, down the centre line..... and i forgot the first halt *doh* - represented in all of a kerfuffle, lost the contact so had a few bobbles to finish the centre line and the first medium trot was shocking hahaha, kept everything very quiet through the trot work, aiming to NOT RUSH for once! 2nd medium trot better but still needs improving a tonne...
walk could have been looser overall but was nicely relaxed
into canter and i couldnt help but grin :) she was just lovely! had a little spook in the first medium canter, but was bang on for the half 10/back to track/counter canter series - really chuffed! i messed up the second canter transition and she ran a step which was a shame, and i made both 15 m circles too big *sigh* and i over half halted without enough leg for the second half 10, meaning we broke , but managed to complete the movement
down the final centre line and i got towed down it in an effort for what would have been a brilliant but unrequired medium trot so tried to keep a lid on it, she she settled with a lovely expressive trot, which is our aim for the whole test!
all the halts would have been better performed by a laminitic camel i am sure of it too!

BUT, as i say, she was super obedient, the canter work was sooo easy, when i actually rode her ...

was expecting the 60ish mark due to the error of course, the break and the general mess i presented, so was really pleased with 63.7 for our first ever go :D loads of easy ways i could have made up the marks, but we did it and im chuffed with her! :D
cant wait to see what shes ACTUALLY capable of when i finally get round to riding her properly in a test....

had a lovely if slightly wild hack home with her wanting to power everywhere in a massive trot *sigh*, shes so cool <3

sorry only terrible video stills!
14484685_10157529816070066_4299990772895100536_n.jpg

14432938_10157529816250066_5263859214504545306_n.jpg

we have our music championships in two weeks, so are off school hire tomorrow for a run through :D might do another bd ele later in the month, then we have the bd native champs on the 30th :D

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
ahhhh well done. We are so hard on ourselves sometimes! She looks super.
What classes are you doing at the native champs? Might see you there :)

silv

Visit site
Well done, she looks great, I have just started doing affiliated elementary also and hate the 15mtr circles, so know where you are coming from.

LiffWee93

Visit site
Millipops - thankyou. She's a doll :D we have qualified novice, still in discussion with mother as to whether she's happy to drive the box that far or not though! It's a long way for one test haha, but we are hoping to make it :)

Silv - normally I don't have an issue! Just I've been doing then from a/c/x of late so I'm used to leaving 2.5m either side of the school, so doing it from e/b... I left 2.5 m *fool* all a learning curve! Hahaha

Notimetoride

Visit site
Can i just repeat how much i love this little mare? <3

last minute entry to our VERY local venue for a bash at ele for the first time affiliated, and 2nd ever go! shes felt ace recently so i wasnt too worried about getting through the test!

Hacked up nicely, amid a sea of huge lorries and tractors - with her not batting an eye as ever!

got to the venue, to run into a friend just pulling out having finished, so stopped to chat, cue lola having a strop and doing the tiniest little rears in protest - she clearly was up for just cracking on :)

into the warm up and she was brilliant, a little heavy to my right leg, a little on the steady side but with enough in the tank to go, so i was pleased with that :)

into the test, down the centre line..... and i forgot the first halt *doh* - represented in all of a kerfuffle, lost the contact so had a few bobbles to finish the centre line and the first medium trot was shocking hahaha, kept everything very quiet through the trot work, aiming to NOT RUSH for once! 2nd medium trot better but still needs improving a tonne...
walk could have been looser overall but was nicely relaxed
into canter and i couldnt help but grin :) she was just lovely! had a little spook in the first medium canter, but was bang on for the half 10/back to track/counter canter series - really chuffed! i messed up the second canter transition and she ran a step which was a shame, and i made both 15 m circles too big *sigh* and i over half halted without enough leg for the second half 10, meaning we broke , but managed to complete the movement
down the final centre line and i got towed down it in an effort for what would have been a brilliant but unrequired medium trot so tried to keep a lid on it, she she settled with a lovely expressive trot, which is our aim for the whole test!
all the halts would have been better performed by a laminitic camel i am sure of it too!

BUT, as i say, she was super obedient, the canter work was sooo easy, when i actually rode her ...

was expecting the 60ish mark due to the error of course, the break and the general mess i presented, so was really pleased with 63.7 for our first ever go :D loads of easy ways i could have made up the marks, but we did it and im chuffed with her! :D
cant wait to see what shes ACTUALLY capable of when i finally get round to riding her properly in a test....

had a lovely if slightly wild hack home with her wanting to power everywhere in a massive trot *sigh*, shes so cool <3

sorry only terrible video stills!
14484685_10157529816070066_4299990772895100536_n.jpg

14432938_10157529816250066_5263859214504545306_n.jpg

we have our music championships in two weeks, so are off school hire tomorrow for a run through :D might do another bd ele later in the month, then we have the bd native champs on the 30th :D

Well done ! What breed in your lovely pony?

You're off to the Native Champs at Solihull ? I'm considering it but it's a 6 hr round trip for me. Is SRC a nice venue?

LiffWee93

Visit site
Notimetoride - she is a pure forest bred new forest! :D it's a 5 hour round trip for us so have never been!

Bernster - thankyou, she's the coolest! Just need to work on everything being much more uphill and sharper to start actually gaining the marks she deserves!! ( and me actually do her justice!)