Long eyebrows

Fruitcake

Visit site
This is possibly a daft question but I shall proceed anyway...

I don’t trim whiskers - never have. Horse, however, seems to be developing one or two very long eyebrow whisker things (I’m talking about 5 or 6 inches), which are now starting to grow straight down, over his eyes. I imagine they’d be a bit irritating.

Are these things classed as whiskers with all their sensory properties or are they different? I don’t want to cut them off if it’s going to cause any discomfort.

Beausmate

Visit site
I trim my big mare's, otherwise they curl downwards and touch her eyeball. The other two have all their whiskers left intact.

PapaverFollis

Visit site
The Beast's eye feelers are amazing. But hers are more under her eye than above. We have to pull them out from under her cheek pieces after putting the bridle on. I leave them be, no trimming. They're not as impressive this year as last year for some reason though.

Fiona

Visit site
The Beast's eye feelers are amazing. But hers are more under her eye than above. We have to pull them out from under her cheek pieces after putting the bridle on. I leave them be, no trimming. They're not as impressive this year as last year for some reason though.

That's exactly the same as Daisy pony, hers get stuck under her bridle cheekpieces too...

My other two don't have anything similar, though grey ID mare has the most amazing eyelashes ❤

Fiona