Looking for Livery yards in Ditchling, East Sussex

ChelseaGostomska

Visit site
Hi all,

Im hoping someone can help in recommending some lovely yards in and around Ditchling!

preferable part livery but open to diy, must have a school

HashRouge

Visit site
My share horse is in Ditchling (private yard). There are absolutely tonnes of yards but mainly smaller so don't know what the services are like. Gospels might be worth a try but I'm not sure what their turnout is like. There is a village Facebook page that is worth posting in as it's quite active. I think it's just Ditchling Village or something like that. I know there is a yard up on the Downs by the Jack and Jill windmills that looks like it has decent turnout. Don't know what it's called but you could drive up there. The hacking is good in Ditchling but it's not actually great for getting up on the Downs because the tracks are so steep and badly surfaced. I used to be on a yard in Hurstpierpoint which was great for hacking on the Downs and over towards Devil's Dyke, but I think it's closed now sadly.

Jayzee

Visit site
North Barnes Farm in plumpton if you are open to DIY (all year turn out but does get muddy). Wotton farm stables in East chiltington I'm pretty sure in part and full. Down underhill lane there are a couple of smaller DIY livery yards. There is also a larger yard on spatham lane that has part livery. I'm sure I'm sure I can think of some more but those are on the top of my head.

ChelseaGostomska

Visit site
My share horse is in Ditchling (private yard). There are absolutely tonnes of yards but mainly smaller so don't know what the services are like. Gospels might be worth a try but I'm not sure what their turnout is like. There is a village Facebook page that is worth posting in as it's quite active. I think it's just Ditchling Village or something like that. I know there is a yard up on the Downs by the Jack and Jill windmills that looks like it has decent turnout. Don't know what it's called but you could drive up there. The hacking is good in Ditchling but it's not actually great for getting up on the Downs because the tracks are so steep and badly surfaced. I used to be on a yard in Hurstpierpoint which was great for hacking on the Downs and over towards Devil's Dyke, but I think it's closed now sadly.

hiya,

thank you for your reply! Unfortunately gospels farm has zero turnout throughout the winter and I have posted in friends of Ditchling village Facebook and have yet to get any response ! The yard at jack and jills is pretty savage in the winter as it’s quite exposed ! X

ChelseaGostomska

Visit site
North Barnes Farm in plumpton if you are open to DIY (all year turn out but does get muddy). Wotton farm stables in East chiltington I'm pretty sure in part and full. Down underhill lane there are a couple of smaller DIY livery yards. There is also a larger yard on spatham lane that has part livery. I'm sure I'm sure I can think of some more but those are on the top of my head.

Thank you for your reply, I know all the ones you have described and they are all unsuitable (I have viewed them all) apart fro I don’t know of any on underhill lane...