Looking homeless at the yard . . .

mums the groom

Visit site
black, black and more black all my yard clothes are black jeans, Jods ,hoodies, coat but I do wear a Navy baseball cap. still look like I've been dragged through a hedge backwards everyday. got to the point now I have a separate washing basket for yard clothes, just in case a fibre nugget is left in the pocket. I must admit I do have a secret fantasy of actually looking like something from Jilly Coopers riders, but even in show gear is still look like frumpty, dumpty.

Mucking out - still

Visit site
Thank heavens there are more normal people out there. I thought it was just me. Not only the homeless look, but rarely does anything match (or even tone). And......I don't care :eek:

OrangeAndLemon

Afraid of exorcism
Visit site
You think you've got problems, I've just moved to Cheshire :eek:

At my old yard I was thought of as reasonably well put together, not the neatest but generally coordinated (I was surprised when told this, and it was only in yard gear, on a night out I couldn't glam up).

Not anymore. Now everyone (except me) looks like they've just stepped out of the pages of a Barbour / Ariat / Naylors / Joules catalogue.

It's not just the owners, their children are perfectly turned out and the horses want for nothing. They aren't always perfect; they are horses and seem to find mud in the driest fields. One in particular has the most incredible collection of matchy matchy.

And yes, if I turn up to the yard in my day / office disguise with hair and make-up done, they really don't recognise me.

I have to say though, it makes no difference to how kind, welcoming and supportive people are.

blitznbobs

Visit site
You think you've got problems, I've just moved to Cheshire :eek:

At my old yard I was thought of as reasonably well put together, not the neatest but generally coordinated (I was surprised when told this, and it was only in yard gear, on a night out I couldn't glam up).

Not anymore. Now everyone (except me) looks like they've just stepped out of the pages of a Barbour / Ariat / Naylors / Joules catalogue.

It's not just the owners, their children are perfectly turned out and the horses want for nothing. They aren't always perfect; they are horses and seem to find mud in the driest fields. One in particular has the most incredible collection of matchy matchy.

And yes, if I turn up to the yard in my day / office disguise with hair and make-up done, they really don't recognise me.

I have to say though, it makes no difference to how kind, welcoming and supportive people are.

I live in Cheshire and don’t bother so we’re not all like that !

Pippity

Visit site
Also in Cheshire! Went up this evening in fluorescent yellow jodhs, a t-shirt I'd picked out of the dirty laundry, and a hat to hide the fact I haven't brushed my hair for two days. (I work from home. I only wash and brush my hair if I have a video conference.)