Lorry without tilt cab

Mrs_Wishkabibble

Visit site
Now there's a statement!
grin.gif

Go on then, what is it and how old etc. details please. Do you feel sorry for me now? I do have a sad face!
wink.gif

Mrs_Wishkabibble

Visit site
My mechanic would like the Volvo bit and the tilt bit but wouldnt like the "E" reg bit. He said I am in trouble if I buy anything older than a "T"
Did sound promising though. Thanks for that.
You would think it would be easy to find a lorry wouldn't you? They are like horses, never local, never as described, usually Knac**red and always over priced!
confused.gif

Taboo1968

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
My mechanic would like the Volvo bit and the tilt bit but wouldnt like the "E" reg bit. He said I am in trouble if I buy anything older than a "T"

[/ QUOTE ]

Personally I would sack the mechanic!!! He needs to open his eye's a little more!!! There are many lorries that have been very well looked after that age that are probably more reliable than the newer ones!
crazy.gif

Mrs_Wishkabibble

Visit site
Re: Ovidius

Totally agree with what you say but in all fairness we did say we would go for as new as we could afford (and who wouldn't?)as we would be keeping it for a few years, also the ones we have looked at that are older and for sale have shown their age. The majority of conversions started life as parcel lorries and have really heavy mileage to start with. I know they would have been regularly serviced but when we have looked at some with 500,000km on them they do not have any service printouts so ??
We have seen lots of lovely older lorries at shows that look lovely, I am not being a snob but the mechanic - and myself feel that a newer one is the way to go.