Lost my boy on New Years Eve 😢

Sugarplum Furry

Visit site
So sad and shocking. Nothing ever prepares you for such a sudden loss, it rocks your world in the worst way. Look after yourself, sending hugs. xx

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
It's very sad and very difficult to cope with, so sorry you went through this at what should be a happy time of year.

PurBee

Visit site
So sorry to hear about your boy Beau..he certainly was a beauty of an arab...may he RIP.
What an amazingly long life he had being cared by you, and although its so hard and shocking for us to experience them suddenly going, in time we can take a bit of comfort that it was short and quick for them.
A charity companion is a great idea. I understand your guilt, but your reasons are for the best care of your remaining horses, despite your heartbreak. They’re all very fortunate to be cared for by you.
Big hug xx

FinnishLapphund

There's no cow on the ice
Visit site
I'm so sorry for your loss.
It's difficult enough to lose two the same year, and definitely not made easier when you lose one on a special date which we humans usually celebrate. Not that the later means anything to death, it just comes when it comes, or at least that's what I told myself when I had to euthanise my dog on Christmas Day.

Hope that you find a solution which works for both your remaining horses, and yourself. {{{{{{Hugs}}}}}}

exracehorse

Visit site
I'm so sorry for your loss. :( xx

I saw this little one this morning but not sure if it's out of area for you:
Hi. Unfortunately that’s 3.5 hours each way. Im east Anglia. Would ideally like to loan. Preferably a calm quiet older one. Looking for retirement. But would be stabled at night in the winter.

Ratface

Visit site
I'm so sorry for the loss of your lovely horse. Deep condolences.
In my experience, the right horse will find you. I'm in my late 70's and I've had ponies and horses in my life since I was a toddler.
My horses have been Arabians, or Thoroughbreds. I've put the word out when I've lost one and inevitably one has turned up. Not always the easiest, but (eventually) the best fit for me and for the horse.
I hope things go well for you, when/if you decide to have another horse.

kitty88

New User
Visit site
I'm so sorry for your loss. They sound so amazingly well loved and made such great ages. Although no amount of time with them is ever enough! I lost two of mine within a year of eachother and it is just awful.

I hope you might find a companion from a shelter, ironically the hardest ones to re-home are companion only, but they make the most wonderful paddock mates and form very strong, loving bonds as it is their day to day. Such confidence givers, too!

Sending you every best wish and hope you find a companion that will bring you and yours joy.

sunnyone

Visit site
Am really sorry for your loss. We had a similar event on millennium day and I still miss that yearling. The only consolation I can see at this time is that your horses had a good life with the best care you could give them. Sending virtual hugs.

rextherobber

Visit site
Sorry for your loss. If you're on Facebook, retired ex polo ponies have loads that fit the bill. So sorry you've had such a sad time recently.