Lost Rocky last night

rockysmum

Visit site
I haven't been on here a lot since they changed the forum. But I know some of you will remember by lovely old man Rocky.

We lost him last night age 37, fortunately he was taken ill when someone was around and the vet came very quickly. It was all over in an hour, no decision to make the vet said there was no hope and he passed peacefully. Still absolutely devastated, we have been together well over half my life.

So thanks Rocky for 32 wonderful years, RIP my baby and I will see you over Rainbow Bridge.

Some pics of him, all at over 30 years old as I dont have anything older digitally.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:

Jesstickle

Visit site
I certainly do remember your grand old chap.

I'm very sorry RM but he had such a long and lovely life with you, he was a lucky man indeed.

Take care of yourself

Copperpot

Visit site
Oh I'm so sorry to read this. I don't remember reading about Rocky before, but he looked a lovely boy.

What an amazing age to live to, you must have taken the best care of him. It must be especially hard to loose him, he had been in your life so long :(

I am glad he passed peacefully.

Hugs for you and RIP to Rocky xxx

AdorableAlice

Visit site
Sincerest sympathies to you. What a credit to your care, be proud of the wonderful life you gave him. What a lucky horse he was to be with you. RIP handsome lad.

pines of rome

Visit site
So sorry, its still hard even when they are so old! I lost my old cob at 36 that I had as a 3yr old when I was a teenager, he had been there for a large part of my life and it is so strange when they are not there anymore!

stencilface

High upon a hillside
Visit site
So sorry for your loss, I remember your pics of him doing ridden veteran aged 36 I think so last year and thinking how amazing he looked for any age horse, not just one over 30.

At least it was quick and the decision was made for you by him, that's the last great favour the good old boys give, taking that hard choice out of our hands and making it themselves. You had him such a long time, you must have so many good memories :)

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
I haven't been on here a lot since they changed the forum. But I know some of you will remember by lovely old man Rocky.

We lost him last night age 37, fortunately he was taken ill when someone was around and the vet came very quickly. It was all over in an hour, no decision to make the vet said there was no hope and he passed peacefully. Still absolutely devastated, we have been together well over half my life.

So thanks Rocky for 32 wonderful years, RIP my baby and I will see you over Rainbow Bridge.

Some pics of him, all at over 30 years old as I dont have anything older digitally.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Like you I haven't been much on the forum like I used to. Partially due to my parents road accident - the other I decided now I don't like the new format. There are too many rooms to keep up with so have given up viewing most.

So sorry to here you lost your beloved boy, I know how hard it is - nearly a year since I lost my girl and it still hurts.
I too had her a very long time 22 years. Rest in Piece big boy. Run free over the rainbow - play with all our long lost friends who have moved on to the next phase.

Hugs to you Rocky's mum healing vibes and take care of yourself. xxx

Last edited: