Lunge lessons....

FestiveSpirit

Visit site
I have just booked one for the first week in June (the earliest they could book me in) on the recommendation of a certain HHOer
tongue.gif

I've never had one before, sooooo..... what can I expect? Will I fall off
crazy.gif
Will I still be alive by the end of the hour
crazy.gif
Will lunge lessons really improve my seat and position
crazy.gif

Any feedback gratefully received thank you
grin.gif

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Where are you having your lesson?

A whole hour? Ouch! But yes, it will be worth it
grin.gif

ETA some more useful information - I had some lunge lessons at Huntley a few years ago, and did lots without stirrups, and also without reins. You won't fall off, but it will be hard work at times. I found it really helpful
smile.gif

FestiveSpirit

Visit site
I am going to Huntley too
laugh.gif
I thought they were the most likely place in my area (north Gloucestershire/south Herefordshire).

I did query a whole hour but I was assured that I would need it and would benefit from it more
crazy.gif
grin.gif

How many lessons do you think I might need before I see an improvement? I only pay £25 per hour for my usual lessons but it is £40 an hour there because I am using their horse etc - eeek
shocked.gif

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
I guess if it's the first lesson, then you will be doing more talking/explaining than usual anyway. Still, an hour seems like a long time, esp for the horse!
shocked.gif
grin.gif

I think you'll find it makes a difference straight away. Sometimes you can achieve a feel on the lunge which you just can't get when you have to concentrate on speed/steering/stirrups etc etc, and once you have that feel, you can apply it more easily in normal ridden work.

And it's worth having a lesson on a school horse, because they should be uber-reliable on the lunge - I contemplated asking to be lunged on my horse recently but she can be a daft moo, so I've just persevered with no stirrups!
tongue.gif