Lynch withdraws from competition

X

xspiralx

Surely he would be DQ'd though, not withdrawn??

Shame on him if he is, Irish SJ could really do without this!

lucretia

Visit site
no to prevent a scandal they will give them a choice at this stage, a bit like when you are sent to the trot up hold box, they always ask you if you wish to trot again or withdraw gracefully. however if he is one of the positives in this case its not going to work!

CastleMouse

Visit site
Yep, he failed a dope test
frown.gif
What a disappointment
frown.gif

Fiona

Visit site
Still trying to get head round this - the same drug in all four horses???? Did someone say it was locally applied ie rubbed into a bruise or something. I'm sure I read that on an earlier thread.

FIona

Halfstep

Visit site
I'm speechless, and furious. After the Cian debacle you would think the Irish would be super careful, but no. Stupid, stupid, stupid, and very questionable. I give up.
frown.gif

flower

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
What an Idiot!!!!!!!!!!!

Do these riders actually think they will get away with it in such a high profile competition.

[/ QUOTE ]

My thoughts exactly!

cruiseline

www.ipcmedia.com
My family and I compete horses at international level in showjumping, dressage and endurance, there is no excuse for saying I did not know it was a banned substance, as they are all listed.

As for the person who stated it was an over the counter product, again still no excuse, so is asprin, but you wouldn't give it to a competition horse.

Every cream, rub, feed, additive, shampoo, hoof oil etc. etc. that we use on our horses is checked by our vets, and passed FEI approved.

Skhosu

Visit site
cruiseline-which rider are you referring to?
I am holding fire as I find it very hard to believe the exact same substance was found in all four riders, it doesn't make sense to me.

lucretia

Visit site
yeah i did you can buy versions of it anywhere, it sin things lke tiger balm and is very difficult to remove from the skin. i cant believe four different riders from four different countries were all unaware it tests and if you want to sensitise the skin there are better things.....

Fiona

Visit site
As a trainee vet, perhaps you can explain this to me. The FEI statement says about the substance that it has hypersensitivity, but also pain relieving properties. Surely these 2 are opposites and mutually exclusive. I can't see how a substance can make something more sensitive, but also less sensitive (ie pain relief).

Confused or what!!

Fiona

Skhosu

Visit site
cuiseline-yes cian o connors was very very dodgy and IMO deliberate and deliberate loss/theft of the b sample. money talks!
But, denis lynch should not be involved with that really, and cant imagine he would be involved in drugs as never has been before..
fiona-I have no idea, although I'm imagining the hypersensitivy would increase blood and flow or something of the like and encourage healing? Not sure though.