M6 closed near Birmingham after horse box crash

indie999

Visit site
oh I hate hearing these kind of accidents poor horse and poor people. So sad. Hope anyone that is injured is ok.

ROG

Visit site
PICTURES IN THIS LINK

image_update_cfd64134777de291_1344874918_9j-4aaqsk.jpeg

toystory

Visit site
We are horse transporters based not far from this terrible accident & were called out torecover the two surviving ponies.We have them stabled with us & they are both doing very well. They loaded & travelled very calmly,the vets followed & treated them further.Obviously very sad about the other horse.

Vetwrap

Visit site
We are horse transporters based not far from this terrible accident & were called out torecover the two surviving ponies.We have them stabled with us & they are both doing very well. They loaded & travelled very calmly,the vets followed & treated them further.Obviously very sad about the other horse.

Good to hear that the two ponies are recovering. Well done for getting them loaded and travelled safe and sound after their ordeal. My heart goes out to the owners. Poor horse that didn't survive.

MochaDun

Visit site
Sounds like the horsebox driver is seriously injured from the BBC page - I hope she will be OK and the other injured man. What a horrible accident for all concerned. RIP poor other horse.

starryeyed

Visit site

thanks for letting us know, glad they're safe wtih you.
I caught the end of this story briefly on the tv and all I heard was people moaning about being stuck in the traffic, made me so angry. What a horrific and tragic accident :( Poor, poor horse. Hope the people recover ok & that the other horses aren't too shaken.

Tiffany

Visit site
Sounds horrific. Tragic that one horse died and two people critically injured although could have been much worse.

Fingers crossed for a full recovery of people.

How amazing are horses, loading and travelling well despite the collision.

Toystory - thanks for update one two surviving horses :)

toystory

Visit site
Just been out to the stables to check on the two boys,they,re both quite relaxed had eaten all their hay so gave them a top up & left them munching away quite happily,:)

WoopsiiD

summerfieldstables.weebly.com
I drove past it and nearly had to pull over myself.
I saw the two ponies tied to the side and then the tail back.
Toystory... are they a local pair?
I am watching my FB page to see if it was anyone I know. :(

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
Thanx fo letting us know toystory

by the look of the pictures she was in the slow lane. Must have been the artic hit her.

Poor horse on the end , I just hope it was very quick and he or she knew nothing more about it. The other two must have been frantic seeing the back taken off their box. :(

I once coming back from the equine pool saw a car damaged in the slow lane so i stayed in the slow lane to shield them from being hit.

After this accident I will NEVER do this again.:(:(:( in fear of puttting my horses at risk.

One forgets these things can happen.

RIP horse run free over the rainbow:(:(:(:(

jacksmum

Visit site
Just heard that a little Jack Russell got free, they think from the lorry, and was running scared down the motorway :(
Really hope it was found safe and well.

stencilface

High upon a hillside
Visit site
The pics on the daily mail website are chilling :(

Makes you wonder about a single person travelling alone with 3 horses and a dog though, it seems that no one with the lorry was able to catch the horses, not criticising the woman obviously - just a musing :)

Those poor horses must have been terrified, and must have jumped off themselves? Well done on them for loading too - that is not easy. I have had to load my friends horses after the trailer they were in flipped over, it took a while!