Madam Carrie Cat (deceased). The Final Straw!

Roasted Chestnuts

Visit site
If I was in your area then id have been happy to help you with this one as honestly im right in the mood for this shizzle right now.

Call your bank. Get the authorisation date and time. Then get the debit date and time, they will have the same auth code. Then get the exact time of PTS which will be close to the auth time along with your mobile records of when they called you.

With this you can crucify them and I’d defo report the whole thing to the RCVS, this is just f*c*ing bullying and honestly it’s down right disgusting. They deserve a rollicking. Don’t answer anymore calls from them.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
If they call again tell them you’ll settle the remainder of the bill once Pet Plan have settled the claim. And should they phone you again you’ll put it in the hands of your solicitor and sue them for harassment.
I presumed RF wasn’t getting the vets to direct claim with PP as they req payment on the day so as it stands none of the bill has been paid as RF was then going to claim back from PP herself?

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
That’s so confusing. They produced the card machine, you put your card in and it was apparently approved.

I’d ring your bank tomorrow and ask them if the amount has been debited.
It is usually possible to get a mini statement from an ATM linked to your bank without needing to go to the bank if its not convenient. It will show the last 6? transactions.

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
I presumed RF wasn’t getting the vets to direct claim with PP as they req payment on the day so as it stands none of the bill has been paid as RF was then going to claim back from PP herself?
Correct. But as the vet are seemingly being such aholes, I’d be telling them to jog on and they’ll now have to wait for their money.

All of this could have been sorted out with one simple phone call made on behalf of RF. But as it seems there’s no one to advocate for her she’ll have to do it herself by telling them to bog off and wait for PP to settle the claim.

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
It hasn't, and I thought it had. I'm getting more upset and confused every time they call. The insurance aren't going to pay in full, but won't say how much. Less 18% I think. The claim is now being processed.
Apparently, cremation is never paid for. The vets have now agreed not to chase me for payment, whilst saying "Stop being upset!". If only.
You and PP should know what the excess on your policy is.

Sandstone1

Visit site
I think the vets have behaved badly.
I am a bit confused though. If you paid by card and it was approved you have paid. If it was a direct claim with petplan you should only have had to pay the excess. If the vets are hassling you for a bill you have paid already they are very much in the wrong.
I do not really understand how you paid by card but didnt know it had gone through. If petplan are settling the claim direct then you should not need to sort out a installments.
Is there anyone who can help you with all this? The Blue cross have a free pet loss helpline if you feel the need to talk it through.

Ratface

Visit site
I think the vets have behaved badly.
I am a bit confused though. If you paid by card and it was approved you have paid. If it was a direct claim with petplan you should only have had to pay the excess. If the vets are hassling you for a bill you have paid already they are very much in the wrong.
I do not really understand how you paid by card but didnt know it had gone through. If petplan are settling the claim direct then you should not need to sort out a installments.
Is there anyone who can help you with all this? The Blue cross have a free pet loss helpline if you feel the need to talk it through.
Thank you. I phoned Petplan. They are processing the claim, which they will pay, minus 18%. They only pay for euthanasia, not for cremation.
Thanks for the info on the Blue Cross pet loss helpline.
I'm not sure why they wanted the card and card reader at the same time, and in the same room as MCC was euthanased. Or why they didn't take the money there and then.
It's all a confused blur.

Sandstone1

Visit site
Thank you. I phoned Petplan. They are processing the claim, which they will pay, minus 18%. They only pay for euthanasia, not for cremation.
Thanks for the info on the Blue Cross pet loss helpline.
I'm not sure why they wanted the card and card reader at the same time, and in the same room as MCC was euthanased. Or why they didn't take the money there and then.
It's all a confused blur.
I am so sorry that a very sad and upsetting situation was made worse for you by uncaring and thoughtless staff at the vets. Try to put that all behind you now. The Blue cross helpline is very good should you need it.

Highmileagecob

Visit site
Deep breath Ratty. You have sorted this mess out, and found a solution. Not a good time to be handling situations like this, but you got there. Let's hope for the dust to settle and YO to get back on her feet. Big hug.....and I don't really do hugs!