Made to measure bridle/ half cob half full with a budget . Help please

horse.love92

Visit site
I would like to get a made to measure grackle bridle for my cob . Cannot buy him a standard full / cob size as he's cob size in the head piece but around his nose he's full size . I have a budget of around £60-£70( at a stretch ) any reccomendations would be great . Thanks very much :D

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Depending on whether you need to include reins or not in your budget, I can recommend Sabre - I emailed them to say which parts I needed in what size and they sent me a bridle made up just as I wanted it for the same price.

Last edited:

honetpot

Visit site
Go into a good helpful proper saddlers and get them to make you a bridle out of pieces from the same maker. What ever bits fit the most ie the cob size, then you buy the pony or full cheeks to match. If the saddler is really nice they will just sell you the bits to make up the bridle and not a bridle and pieces. I would recommend Barker Saddlery wallsal, they have every width, colour etc to match.
I always manage to get something with a short fat head and big nose.

magichorse

Visit site
My Sabre bridles have cob and full parts to them, my saddler sold them separately, as does the website. I've had one of them for over 10 years and it still looks great. Bought the other a few weeks ago. It was around the £75 mark without reins. Would highly recommend them- great quality.