Magnetic stable boots

coby

Visit site
Hi. I am new here and was wondering if anyone could help me. My horse has arthritis and his legs fill overnight in the stable. Someone suggested that I try magnetic stable boots on him, and I have found a few different types -

Equilibrium Therapy Magnetic Chaps
Aerborn Magnetic Leg Wraps
Veredus Magnetik Stable Boots

Has anyone used any of these, and what do you think of them?

Bounty

www.freewebs.com
LOVE the veredus ones
smile.gif

The boot itself is so comfy and well designed that I'm sure it has more effect on the legs than the actual magnets do, but however they work, they're fab!
Had mine 12months now and have been used and abused on an almost daily basis. They wear well and are easy to wash and very quick to dry.
grin.gif

Welcome to the forum by the way!

happihorse

Visit site
Welcome to the forum! You'll be addicted in no time!

I used to have a set of the Veredus ones. They are quite pricey but I used them for a couple of years continuously (on the front legs in the day and hind legs at night). They wore really well. As previously mentioned, they fit very snug so you get the same effect as a stable bandage with the added bonus of the magnetic inserts. However, I'm not sure how much effect the magnets have but the boots stopped my horses legs swelling up.

Unfortunately I sold mine when I lost my older horse and now I need to get some again! I will have a look at the other types you mention, but will probably go for the Veredus ones again!

mrsbloggett

Visit site
Hi & welcome. I use the Bioflow brushing boots on my NF mare. On her hinds during the day in her stable and then swap them over to her fronts at night when she is turned out. Two years on & numerous washes, they are still going strong.

kizzywiz

Visit site
I'm a Bioflow fan too, my Welsh C wears one on each leg when stabled. I've got a pair for my other pony which I use when needed, ie if I've jumper her on hard ground. They are worth every penny.