Maiden mare

Ahrena

Visit site
I definitely got to a point with my mare where I was convinced she was actually never going to foal.

I have heard of different teats having different readings but I would go with the lower one to be safe. Good luck!

Louisa&Chilly

Visit site
I definitely got to a point with my mare where I was convinced she was actually never going to foal.

I have heard of different teats having different readings but I would go with the lower one to be safe. Good luck!

I am definitely at this point! She’s dripping so much, I tested the other test this morning and it has dropped to 6.2 so they are both now low. But I’m finding it hard to get excited as I’m just not convinced!

Bikerchickone

Visit site
Late to your thread but reading with interest as although my mare isn’t a maiden, I’m a novice breeder so trying to learn as much as I can!

Hope she foals tonight for you!

Louisa&Chilly

Visit site
Sorry for the silence… still no baby!
she has been at 6.2 since Tuesday, dripping and it was pouring yesterday afternoon, but still no baby ??
Starting to think it isn’t coming! Also starting to get a bit concerned ?

Attachments

• D4B1E09F-9E81-4CB3-964A-6B79BF2ECD20.png
    D4B1E09F-9E81-4CB3-964A-6B79BF2ECD20.png
    762.1 KB · Views: 38

TheMule

Visit site
Sorry for the silence… still no baby!
she has been at 6.2 since Tuesday, dripping and it was pouring yesterday afternoon, but still no baby ??
Starting to think it isn’t coming! Also starting to get a bit concerned ?

Oh my goodness, you poor thing! They can run milk for a few days, just make sure you get an IGG done as may need plasma if she's running out colostrum.
I really hope tonight is your night ?

Louisa&Chilly

Visit site
Oh my goodness, you poor thing! They can run milk for a few days, just make sure you get an IGG done as may need plasma if she's running out colostrum.
I really hope tonight is your night ?

thank you, yes we are in contact with the vet and that is definitely the plan!
I hope so too! Both her and I are very much ready for it to come out!

Louisa&Chilly

Visit site
Oh you poor thing, your nerves must be in pieces! It will be when you snooze your alarm for 30 minutes or pop to the loo and then you’ll find a baby!

I am loosing the plot! I think I’ve slept for about 3-4 hours in bits since Tuesday! She looks a little restless at night times so I can’t take my eyes off her, but it never comes to anything.
If that happens and they’re both fine and we’ll then great, but il be furious after spending all these sleepless days and nights waiting!?

Ahrena

Visit site
I’ll tell you what though, that night after they’re born sure feels good!
My girl foaled at the vets as there were some concerns (all was fine in the end) at the very sociable hour of 21:30. I went up and visited etc and the next morning I was woken by the vets ringing to say they’d had a good night and I was in such a deep sleep I had no idea what foal she was talking about ?

good luck for tonight and fingers crossed!

Louisa&Chilly

Visit site
Still no foal!

she is day 331, been bagged up since mid April, started to loose her back end muscles late April, early may and vulva also started to relax.
She’s been waxing over a week with ph levels below 6.2 since 6:30am Tuesday. Has been lightly dripping since then with it starting to on and off run on Wednesday afternoon.
The vulva is a darker pink than normal but i don’t believe it to the fire engine red that everyone talks about.
The last few nights she’s been uncomfortable, hasn’t been lying down at all which is unusual. Standing awkwardly and very stiff and sore behind when she walks, throwing her back end at walls to scratch

Asha

Visit site
It just shows that not all mares follow the rule book ! I hope it’s not much longer for you and her . I imagine your exhausted. It really can’t be much longer before foal makes an appearance. Good luck ?