Maiden mare

Asha

Visit site
Oh dear, I suddenly have very watery eyes!

Those photos!!

I think this is the happiest ending (and new beginning) I've ever seen on HHO.

Glad you are finally able relax and enjoy your beautiful little filly.

I couldn’t think of any better words than this .
So relieved / pleased / happy for you, Poppy and DD .

love the name Dare to dream to . It’s perfect ?

PurBee

Visit site
Ohhh what a treat of pics, thank you ?? Fabulous news theyre bonding brilliantly!! ??
Finally, you can relax….you’ve deserved it!

Arzada

Visit site
As much as I talk about being tired and lacking sleep, as Tracey and I discussed, these last few days have been about them, it’s for them and watching them brighten up in the last few days has been beautiful to watch.

I think this is what is just so heart warming. Your commitment has never wavered and it has all come good for you all.
I couldn’t wait any longer!! I let them out!
Well done! Lovely photos and what a beautiful mare Poppy is. Perfect for your beautiful foal.

I'm so glad that you are sharing your journey with us.

Louisa&Chilly

Visit site
Thank you everyone, I’m so so thrilled with the way it’s all panned out. They are lovely to watch together and their bond is getting so much stronger each time I see them.

I’m grateful I’ve been able to share it with you all and it’s really helped to have somewhere to come and talk about things. I have cried numerous times, sad and more recently happy tears!

I really do not know what colour she will go, one vet has suggested a grey roan, others bay but she is greying around the eyes if you look at a certain angle.. I reckon she may well look like her mother one day!

From what I understood, Poppy won’t have another foal, her owner rescued her and she happened to be in foal, she is young (6) and her loosing this foal hit her so hard I don’t think her owner wanted to risk her ever going through it again. I believe she wants to break her in when she goes home!

Louisa&Chilly

Visit site
@The Fuzzy Furry
I wanted to show to this! It’s a bit of a regression, and we should not be looking back; only forwards… but you suggested a big teddy, my friend did the Friday night shift and found her like this. I find it heartbreaking but also heartwarming at the same time.
Thank you for the suggestion! It clearly gave her some comfort

Attachments

• CD8534A9-C93E-4EBB-A9B5-BE365381CB7A.jpeg
    CD8534A9-C93E-4EBB-A9B5-BE365381CB7A.jpeg
    700.9 KB · Views: 177

GT_02

Visit site
@The Fuzzy Furry
I wanted to show to this! It’s a bit of a regression, and we should not be looking back; only forwards… but you suggested a big teddy, my friend did the Friday night shift and found her like this. I find it heartbreaking but also heartwarming at the same time.
That picture!!! If it wasn't for the fact that I know this story has a happy ending... I think that would have broken me ?

Thank you so much for sharing your story, I look forward to seeing DeeDee go from strength to strength!

nagblagger

Visit site
What a journey, i think a lot of us on here joined you in this emotional roller-coaster, but with sleep! Although hopefully the dramas are all over, we will still want regular updates and photos.
You have also found a new friend in Tracey.
Congratulations in preserving and making 2 equines much happier.

SilverLinings

Visit site
It is lovely to see the photos of Poppy and the foal in the field together, the foal looks very pleased to have a proper mum! The passport name 'Dare to Dream' definitely suits the situation; if you want a stable name other than Dee Dee what about one of the female characters from Shakespeare's 'All's Well That Ends Well', as it hopefully fits the theme :)

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
@The Fuzzy Furry
Its something we used about 30 years ago with an orphaned std shetland foal for 2 nights till we got a foster mare, I wasnt going to give you back stories at the time, glad it helped xx