manger height

windand rain

Visit site
I appreciate that eating from the floor is ideal but with sandy soil and the risk of sand colic what are the issues if any of chest height mangers

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
assuming it's just for hard feed, my view is that horses spend such a small time eating from a bucket that it doesn't matter if they need a chest height one for some reason.

SpotsandBays

Visit site
I would say that it’s absolutely fine! Some horses would/will spend more time with their head up than that picking at hedges etc which is natural! 10 minutes of the day isn’t going to do any damage in my eyes.

windand rain

Visit site
In which case how do you stop ponies from digging mud into their food. The young highland on livery has ground every feed it has had into the ground and probably eaten more soil than food. Bucket in tyres are no good, buckets in two tyres bolted together no good, only solution is to hold the bucket so need 5 people to feed 5 ponies who have no stables and live out. The waist high mangers are removable and as such would fall off the rails or break the rails if they managed to rear up and put their feet in it. As soon as they have eaten they are taken down washed and stored for the next day